Jun 24, 2012
And so, just like GOT ...

rcrq6RS.gif

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Ha, you're on the ball ...

On May 2, 2012, Bergevin was named general manager and executive vice president of the Montreal Canadiens.
Little did we know, he would be hitting 1 for 7 heading into season 8........let's hope he has another good offseason and keeps his modest one offseason hit streak intact, and can make it 2!!!

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Little did we know, he would be hitting 1 for 7 heading into season 8........let's hope he has another good offseason and keeps his modest one offseason hit streak intact, and can make it 2!!!

Geoff: Marc, missing the playoffs again is completely unacceptable.
Bergevin: Yes, but it was part of our secret plan.
Geoff: Oh, I had forgotten about that.
Bergevin: We were doing a reset at the same time as trying to make the playoffs.
Geoff: That's never been done before. How about a contract extension?
Bergevin: Where do I sign?
Geoff: Right here. Make it fast, I'm working on adding giant Hab logos inside our urinals.

Reactions: BLONG7

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Ha, you're on the ball ...

On May 2, 2012, Bergevin was named general manager and executive vice president of the Montreal Canadiens.
The day the final demise of the Montreal Canadiens started and continues to this day.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I am glad many on this board are not fooled by what Bergevin did this past season. He did some good things but in no way does that forgive the overall destruction
Absolutely insane, how people seem to have let this guy get away with being so bad at his job, in an overall sense, over the years...

Rinse and repeat...why?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
7ans de malheur ... to be continued

Martin Leclerc with a scathing account of Bergevin's tenure:

Ce jeudi marque le septième anniversaire de la nomination de Marc Bergevin à titre de directeur général du Canadien de Montréal. Ce n’est pas banal. Son règne est déjà le quatrième de l'histoire de l’organisation pour sa durée, derrière ceux de Frank Selke (17 ans, 10 mois et 6 jours), de Sam Pollock (14 ans, 3 mois et 23 jours) et de Serge Savard (12 ans, 5 mois et 20 jours).

Après toutes ces années, lorsqu’on analyse l’ensemble de son oeuvre, on en vient à se demander ce qu’aurait pu accomplir Bergevin si son organisation avait été pleinement fonctionnelle et s’il n’avait pas mis autant de temps à se rendre compte qu’elle ne l’était pas. ...

Leclerc indicates that Bergevin's tenure is now the 4th longest in Habs history.

He adds: "After all these years, when we look at the whole of his work, we can't help but ask ourselves what Bergevin might have accomplished if his org. had been fully functional and if he hadn't taken so much time to figure out that it wasn't."

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

Ce jeudi marque le septième anniversaire de la nomination de Marc Bergevin à titre de directeur général du Canadien de Montréal. Ce n’est pas banal. Son règne est déjà le quatrième de l'histoire de l’organisation pour sa durée, derrière ceux de Frank Selke (17 ans, 10 mois et 6 jours), de Sam Pollock (14 ans, 3 mois et 23 jours) et de Serge Savard (12 ans, 5 mois et 20 jours).

Après toutes ces années, lorsqu’on analyse l’ensemble de son oeuvre, on en vient à se demander ce qu’aurait pu accomplir Bergevin si son organisation avait été pleinement fonctionnelle et s’il n’avait pas mis autant de temps à se rendre compte qu’elle ne l’était pas. ...

Leclerc indicates that Bergevin's tenure is now the 4th longest in Habs history.

He adds: "After all these years, when we look at the whole of his work, we can't help but ask ourselves what Bergevin might have accomplished if his org. had been fully functional and if he hadn't taken so much time to figure out that it wasn't."

Nice to see the francophone media are tired of it all...finally.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas

It all started with the hiring of his pals, Therrien and Lefebvre, then more pals came along. What qualifications did Larry Carrierre’s son possess to become an assistant coach in Laval? What about Eric Crawford? Why is he still employed?

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Nice to see the francophone media are tired of it all...finally.
The same media that demands a French speaking coach and GM.....ya, they are a real credible bunch

I wonder why we drafted Leblanc and signed or traded for Drouin, Briere, PAP.......bunch of hypocrites.

When they do fire Bergy, guess who’ll be demanding for language as a primary criteria for a GM position for the Montreal Canadiens....

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The same media that demands a French speaking coach and GM.....ya, they are a real credible bunch

I wonder why we drafted Leblanc and signed or traded for Drouin, Briere, PAP.......bunch of hypocrites.

When they do fire Bergy, guess who’ll be demanding for language as a primary criteria for a GM position for the Montreal Canadiens....

So true. That's why I proposed that the next GM should be a mute!

Reactions: jaffy27

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
It all started with the hiring of his pals, Therrien and Lefebvre, then more pals came along. What qualifications did Larry Carrierre’s son possess to become an assistant coach in Laval? What about Eric Crawford? Why is he still employed?
What are Carriere’s sons qualifications?

Honestly asking here......I mean we are talking assistant coaches for an AHL team correct?

Lefebvre was a tire fire of a hiring....redeemed himself with Bouchard

Reactions: Runner77

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

Good thing this thread is about MB, and not the franchophone media...

Besides that, if MB did his job half as well as the Franco media did, needless to say we'd be better off

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
What are Carriere’s sons qualifications?

Honestly asking here......I mean we are talking assistant coaches for an AHL team correct?

Lefebvre was a tire fire of a hiring....redeemed himself with Bouchard
I think his qualifications was that his dad worked for Marc Bergevin. He is so qualified that he was let go once Bouchard showed up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad