Marc Bergevin - Road Closed for Repair Edition

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017
¿Quien es mas macho? ¿Marc Bozovin...o Rod Brind-Amour?

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Repairs for a hockey team is a thing that goes forever, same as roads, that's why this is a great title, altho the .......''once you make the playoffs anything can happen edition.'', would have been more ''au gout du jour''

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Who would you trade for Malkin?

Not sure I want to take on his contract at his age, certainly don't want to pay a lot to get him. I would rather target one of their LD. Oli matta's numbers have dropped off but I think he would be a great pickup.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Title should be once you make the playoffs anything can happen edition. :laugh:
We're approaching the construction season for Montreal roads and Montreal hockey. Funny how the two seem to work in tandem. By the time next season begins, we'll see new routes and detours, and new players and trades. Non-stop surprises in this city...

Reactions: the and Justin11

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
With McCrimmon not in the race anymore for the EDM GM, Pretty sure we will loose one of Burke/Mellanby to EDM
If one of the two gets the gm job in Edmonton, would not be surprised if the other one goes too because I believe they are friends.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
And Martin Lapointe would be promoted AGM
If they did lose both Mellanby and Burke, which is just speculation of course, but would think it would open things up to bring in at least one senior hockey exec. i.e. they also lost Dudley last year.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Out of all the losses that Marc has totally F**ked up... watching the stars game last night its as clear as day that Radu-Love was the one that got away that shouldn't have......

Thank god we aren't stuck that that Mercenary over a few million dollars... you know..... cause we got all that MOTHER QUACKING CAPSPACE!!!!!!!
:handclap::clap::clap:

Just an Amazing GM!!!! Can we just skip the crap and resign him for another 5 already? :yashin::yashin:

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I think it's a summer of opportunity for Bergevin.

Vegas, Tampa and Toronto are not in a good position and need Cap Space.
Might have to lose value in a trade in order to resign their top players.

Nashville, Pittsburgh, Washington, Edmonton, Anaheim, Calgary and Boston won't even have 6M$ to get in the UFA business unless they make trades to get some free room. That's less team involve in the UFA market.

He got a 1st round pick not high enough to be out of the question to not trade it for the right player.
He already got a surplus of forwards.
That's without including the fact that both Poehling and Suzuki showed "holy shit" moments lately.
He will probably end up with around 11M with 1 roster spot to fill. (14M if he buyout Alzner).

I think he has the tools to put him in a great position, not sure if he's able to take advantage of it.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Out of all the losses that Marc has totally F**ked up... watching the stars game last night its as clear as day that Radu-Love was the one that got away that shouldn't have......

giphy.gif

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native

Thank god we aren't stuck that that Mercenary over a few million dollars... you know..... cause we got all that MOTHER QUACKING CAPSPACE!!!!!!!
:handclap::clap::clap:

Just an Amazing GM!!!! Can we just skip the crap and resign him for another 5 already? :yashin::yashin:
Like divorcing your soulmate because she bought 3 extra packs of vegatables from the grocery store. Yes, that is the Marc Bergevin way towards Markov and Radulov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad