Marc Bergevin: Redemption Song Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
They’re gonna win the cup. It’s quite clear the way they are playing. You don’t blanket stars in 3 series because of fluke. They’ve been the strongest team in the playoffs since the Toronto series win.

we were all wrong. Bergevin has turned hockey on his head in building a conventional team with no stars outside of goal and no puck moving d man. It goes against the prevailing hockey zeitgeist and it’s working.

I wouldn't go as far as that.

But the results this playoffs are something special that I'll enjoy for a long time.

What comes after... We'll see.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I wouldn't go as far as that.

But the results this playoffs are something special that I'll enjoy for a long time.

What comes after... We'll see.
I’ve watched a lot of playoffs and teams that play the way the Canadiens have win. These are not fluke wins. They give the opposing team nothing at all. Price hasn’t had to be the best player since game 7 against the leafs.

the lineup he has put together has worked. All the transactions that have received criticism have worked.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I’ve watched a lot of playoffs and teams that play the way the Canadiens have win. These are not fluke wins. They give the opposing team nothing at all. Price hasn’t had to be the best player since game 7 against the leafs.

the lineup he has put together has worked. All the transactions that have received criticism have worked.
Price has been our best player for sure. He hasn't had to steal every game but he's stolen a lot. I mean, he has been absolutely incredible.

Reactions: Surfer72

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
As much as I hated his guts and wanted him gone a month ago... He's done it. We can't take that away from him and as bizarre as it sounds, I was super happy to see him that happy. First GM to bring this team to the SCF in almost 30 years. Props for this year Marc, thanks for the joy this team gave me these past few weeks.

Reactions: blarneylad

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

I've watched a lot of playoffs as well.

Hasek, Giguere, vanbiesbrook lol... A magical run backed by a goalie playing as well as Price has is nothing novel.

No need to exaggerate or extrapolate much further, just enjoy the ride!

NeptunesTrident

Feb 22, 2007
Thank you Marc. I sure never thought it possible this team would be in the Cup Finals. You've said once you get in the playoffs anything can happen. You were right.

Reactions: HabsCowboysOwn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad