• Keep him is doing a good job

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
I just realized that with Pacioretty soon gone, he'll have purged the team of its snipers, too.

After our centers and our defensemen, now the only guy can put the puck in the net is a 5'8" who plays like Holmstrom.
Pacioretty is a vital part of this team's regular season success and part of the reason we still won despite the griiiind and karakter and Desharnais fetish management has

Reactions: Roke

Roke

Jul 21, 2003
Winnipeg
I honestly put a big part of the blame on the media. They have shied away from asking the tough questions and let Bergevin feed them total BS for too long. They should have been on this guy's ass the moment he went off on Cantin because he showed there complete dishonesty and worrying signs. It just worsened from there on out.

I wish the media would be tougher but really, it's on Geoff Molson. He's shown little acumen for business which makes him a terrible bad president and a poor owner.

Going back to Pierre Gauthier's last season Molson showed himself to be terrible at running a business, letting Gauthier run amock with moral hazard with the Kaberle and Bourque trades.

Then when he goes out to hire a GM, the principle advisor he brings in had been out of hockey for almost 2 decades.

And now, he's kept Bergevin in the job because he doesn't appear to understand sunk costs. There's nothing you can do about the contract he stupidly handed out to Bergevin - that contract is getting paid out whether Bergevin's in the job or not - but if you had fired him you would be able to bring in a GM who wasn't making huge, costly mistakes to your organization.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
does anyone ever point out to Bergevin in the room how many left wingers a team needs

once??!?!? just once

just woke up and I'm still f***ing pissed

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
@SirClintonPortis is suggesting in the other thread that Bergevin deliberately shipped Galchenyuk to a bad team to avoid being burned like he did with Subban and Eller.

Two years ago he'd be getting dismissed as a conspiracy theorist by all of the gaslighting Bergevin defenders. At this point though, nobody denies it. We know that MB is a sorry excuse of a man. It is possible that a better team offered a better package, but Bergevin didn't want to be embarrassed.

The funny part is, Phoenix might turn it around soon.

Last edited:

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
It will be the darkest day in Habs history.

Really though, probably just a lot of beer.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I would donate to a billboard in celebration of the event.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
You celebrate who gets hired, not who gets fired. And that mentality is what's wrong with this board. The hate has gone full overload. It's impossible to get a rational take anymore on any issue. It's either all about the purple pants/playstation jokes and pure unadulterated hatred. If they fire Bergevin and replace him with Vincent Shampoo, we're no better off.

At any rate, if we're going to tank and get lottery picks I prefer that Bergevin is the one to preside those terrible seasons than whoever replaces him. Hopefully we get Julien Brisebois on board with a cup board full of amazing 1st round draft pick forwards when the time is right.

Reactions: No More Subban
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad