• Be patient

• Keep him is doing a good job

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
LMAO
Some people are really sensitive, you can hate all his GM moves and still admit the guy knows how to dress. Sure some of the stuff is out there, but its top notch.
Subban also dress' great. Both are not afraid to push it.

Bergevin sometimes dresses well but overall he has many misfires. The issue is that he doesn't know his place -- he's a 52 year old man trying to look 19. You know what word women used for that? "creepy".

Here's a much better look for him:
1200px-Marc_Bergevin_-_Montreal_GM.jpg

and here:
hi-res-45770d7e2f4b76e8aacdf31464c7f389_crop_north.jpg

If he dressed age-appropriately all the time, and wasn't a moron, he'd be a silverfox sex symbol and a potential political star in Quebec.

He has natural charisma and he had the opportunity to win championships. Unfortunately for him, he's dumb.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
Let me get one last comment in in regards to habs/ex habs and fashion.

MT somehow learnt how to dress this 2nd go around with the habs, nice suits but maybe just didn't look as nice on him. but he and Subban have the same issue. They both have a Rolex Daytona, and its like the only watch they wear, like they make enough money to have a variety. f***ing MT would wear it with his f***ing track suit SMH. lol

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I would disagree. "No vision" "Puck hog" "No hockey IQ" I remember those esp well from many posters. Some would spend their entire time bashing him on PGT while never being on the GDT..did they even see him play. "Plus MINUS!!!!111!!!" All while ignoring who he always followed onto the ice after he strolled to the bench. Namely DD.
Not disputing your memory on this, though I think "Hate" is an overstatement. Anyway, there's hyperbole on everything and everyone here, so nothing would surprise me.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Not disputing your memory on this, though I think "Hate" is an overstatement. Anyway, there's hyperbole on everything and everyone here, so nothing would surprise me.
Some of it might have been exagerated, Desharnais was definitely hated on this board so the DD fans might have gone overboard with their assessments of Eller to respond to that hatred.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Well I must admit that I am rather enjoying this back and forth much more than arguing with @Lshap who's entire argument consists of Eller is a 3rd liner because God wrote it down on a slab of stone many years ago!

I will concede that Eller may have been inconsistent but really Eller was still a rookie too going through his formative years but as you said at least when he wasn't scoring at least he brought other elements to the table such as his defensive game.

Personally I'm not too fussed about a players regular season production. I am much more concerned with the playoffs and to me with the playoffs being harder to play in, a playoff warrior is someone that can either maintain or increase his level of play in the playoffs.

Honestly I don't blame players for taking games off. The 82 game regular season is already a long grind. Even talented players like Kovalev would take 1 out 2 games off lol. I am looking for players that understand the urgency and do or die nature of the playoffs and are able to raise their game to the next level.
I don't think it's fair to blame God for Eller being a 3C his entire career. In fact, the 11th commandment clearly says: "Thou shalt not overvalue".

Seriously though, Eller had a dream playoffs. If he can consistently play in this neighbourhood in the post season he will certainly earn the title "Playoff beast".

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
True enough. Therrien's worst trait -- even next to his other bad traits -- was his player usage.

I don’t know man, the guy used to throw his toe nail clippings at bus drivers all the while being flatulent.

Seems like we might have to throw these in a hat and see which one we pull out.. :laugh:

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
I don't think it's fair to blame God for Eller being a 3C his entire career. In fact, the 11th commandment clearly says: "Thou shalt not overvalue".

Seriously though, Eller had a dream playoffs. If he can consistently play in this neighbourhood in the post season he will certainly earn the title "Playoff beast".

Facts say otherwise, Eller already is a game winning goal scoring Stanley Cup playoff beast.

Last edited:

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Luckily, Bergevin is now MINO (Manager in name only) and thus we have better things to look forward to.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Bergevin is nothing but a used car salesman using cheap lines to try and trick us.

Yet he traded Subban for Weber.

Subban absolutely hates losing, and is one of the most driven athletes out there.

Bergevin’s an idiot.

Thing is that he is an awful GM but I'd hesitate to call someone I know so little about an idiot or used car salesman lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad