Marc Bergevin Press Conference - 3pm [TSN 690,...]

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I've never read anything about type 1 diabetics being more at risk than anybody else. Type 2 is another story completely... but it's also vastly different physiologically.

They are leaving it to the doctors but theres so much we dont know still about long term effects. I would wish they would be cautious and not allow anyone immunocompromised back for this year.

Imagine if he gets it and they find out later his lung functions will never return to their usual capacity? Would it be worth it?

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
The NHL shouldn't have included a team who was 10 points out of a playoff spot with 11 games left who had pretty much given up on a playoff spot and sold assets at the deadline.

If the Habs and Hawks weren't such large markets with large fanbases they very likely wouldn't even have been included into this sham but with the NHL needing all the revenue they can get right now the NHL threw both of these teams in.
Nailed it!!!!!.....this is all about money!!!!!

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I was wondering the same? Anybody? I would assume since he did not have surgery, he will be good to go come late July, early August

MB was asked about the status on the players who were injured when it all stopped. That would mean Drouin, Tatar, Mete, and Kotkaniemi.

He said since Mete is in Ontario, Tatar and Kotkaniemi are in Europe, he can't say if they are ready to go because the team doctors don't have access to them. He knows they're training. But until the team doctors see them, we can't know for sure they are clear to return.

Drouin has been given the green light because he stayed in Montreal and the team doctors did see him and he's good to go.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
MB was asked about the status on the players who were injured when it all stopped. That would mean Drouin, Tatar, Mete, and Kotkaniemi.

He said since Mete is in Ontario, Tatar and Kotkaniemi are in Europe, he can't say if they are ready to go because the team doctors don't have access to them. He knows they're training. But until the team doctors see them, we can't know for sure they are clear to return.

Drouin has been given the green light because he stayed in Montreal and the team doctors did see him and he's good to go.

I expect that come mid July, all players are good to go. Basically 4 months since the season was put on hold.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I expect that come mid July, all players are good to go. Basically 4 months since the season was put on hold.

I think Tatar and Mete will be good to go. But I'm not sure about Kotkaniemi. He got hurt in March (I believe a game or two before the AHL season was stopped), but he injured his spleen. So I don't think he will be good to go yet.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think Tatar and Mete will be good to go. But I'm not sure about Kotkaniemi. He got hurt in March, but he injured his spleen. So I don't think he will be good to go yet.

How long does it take for the spleen to heal?
It may take just a couple of weeks to recover from a bruised spleen. If you need surgery, your recovery time may be longer—at least 4 to 6 weeks if your spleen has to be removed.

I'm no doctor but that's the recovery time I found on the net. Kotkaniemi did not have surgery from what I can remember. I believe he would be good to go after 4 months but that's based on what I can find for Spleen recovery time

Reactions: Adam Michaels

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
It may take just a couple of weeks to recover from a bruised spleen. If you need surgery, your recovery time may be longer—at least 4 to 6 weeks if your spleen has to be removed.

I'm no doctor but that's the recovery time I found on the net. Kotkaniemi did not have surgery from what I can remember. I believe he would be good to go after 4 months but that's based on what I can find for Spleen recovery time

This is from the Athletic earlier this month.

Let’s tackle the Jesperi Kotkaniemi situation first. I have been baffled by the Canadiens’ public handling of it from day one. I continue to be baffled by it. I reached out to Kotkaniemi by text message Tuesday morning and he responded by saying the injury was fine, but wouldn’t go any further, and I totally understand why considering how opaque the Canadiens have been about his condition. But I was told – and let me be crystal clear here, it wasn’t Kotkaniemi or anyone in his family who told me – that he was cleared for off ice workouts but won’t be cleared for contact for quite some time. We’re talking months more so than weeks. But it appears he would be ready by the fall if all goes well. Now, as for whether he would be cleared to play if the season resumes, I don’t see any reason why the Canadiens would do that. The only thing that can heal a spleen injury is time, so might as well take all the time they can get to make sure Kotkaniemi is healthy and ready to resume his career in the 2020-21 season.

Ask Arpon: On the draft, Jesperi Kotkaniemi’s health and...

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
They are leaving it to the doctors but theres so much we dont know still about long term effects. I would wish they would be cautious and not allow anyone immunocompromised back for this year.

Imagine if he gets it and they find out later his lung functions will never return to their usual capacity? Would it be worth it?
He's not immunocompromised, he has an auto immune disease.

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

He isn’t a major addition at all right now unless he’s somehow managed to dramatically improve in the short time he was in the AHL or last time in the NHL. He’s just another depth forward at this point.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I know. And I agree with you. Neither Chicago nor Montreal has any business in there, Montreal even more than the Hawks. But that is the NHL's decision. And as you say, if they weren't major markets, it wouldn't be a 24-team format.

But the blame shouldn't be put on MB for that decision if we want to be fair.

True but also a decision that Geoff did not oppose, for obvious reasons.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He isn’t a major addition at all right now unless he’s somehow managed to dramatically improve in the short time he was in the AHL or last time in the NHL. He’s just another depth forward at this point.

Just another depth forward to some degree (at this stage) is accurate. I still think we need him at center and this is almost a new season with a 4 month break. Reset time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad