News Article: Marc Bergevin officially out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
(Mod)

We have some core players underperforming and these are not the Q players. Suzuki, Caufield, Toffoli, Chiarot, Romanov, Armia, etc.

Drouin and Perreault leads the forwards in on-ice xGF%. Paquette is a depth player. Savard sucks but he deserves some time, coming from a man-to-man defensive system.

And what about our best all around Q centerman we lost in the off-season

If Suzuki was called Simard, with the new contract and his season start, you and others would be sh**ting all over him right now. Meanwhile, Drouin’s thread is buried in the 3rd page despite 5pts in 6 game and a 57% xGF

Edit : To clarify IDC about having Q players or not. But I fu**ing hate the treatment Q players get in here.
I feel you've misinterpreted my point. Perhaps my post was too hastily written or not verbose enough.

What I was trying to say was we focused solely on localizing the team this off-season to offset the losses instead of building a good roster and we're on pace for 32nd in the league. I would love having a star Quebecois player as much as anyone else. It felt, going into the season, that we signed a bunch of French players because Molson and Bergevin knew the team would be bad and wanted to avoid the media storm. Now we've got the highest cap expenditure in the league and no expiring contracts. So we're last place and have no space to improve the roster.

My point is that focusing on whether talent, staff, or personnel are French rather than if they're good is shooting us in the foot. Molson cares more about his wallet than the team doing well. We just went to the finals with the least French roster we've ever iced and who gave a shit?

I would like the best GM possible. I would like the best players possible. If Brisebois were available and Huberdeau, Dubois, Bergeron, and every other elite Q talent came here I would be thrilled.

The unfortunate truth is we're never bad at the right time to acquire these talents.

If I've got to choose between Bergevin and Gorton(or someone else with a proven rebuild/draft track record); I'm taking Gorton. I was a huge Bergevin supporter when we were scouting our GM in 2011-12. I liked the way he talked and his track record. Clearly he's good at some things but fails overall as a GM due to a few flaws which I made a giant post about last year. Whether Gorton is good at pushing a team over the hump or not isn't important, we need to rebuild the roster which he did excellently in Boston and New York. We don't need to be loyal to GMs and give them 20 years to enact their vision.

To the same point--if I've got to choose between Danault and Suzuki; I'm taking Suzuki. The argument is always if the players are equal go French. I can agree with that but truly how many "equal" players are there in the league? I'm perfectly fine with Paquette riding the bench instead of John Smith to keep the team more local. I'm not fine with trading a good player for an ok player for the same reason.

There's no need to get defensive. Desharnais got hate because he was legitimately bad and playing on the top line even during a 20-game pointless streak as a terrible defensive player. Danault got hate for getting the same ice-time without offensive talent. Pacioretty got as much hate as either of them and he wasn't Quebecois. Price got a ridiculous amount of hate between 09-11. Kotkaniemi got shat on constantly by coaches and fans. Subban got openly criticized by the GM and coach multiple times. Quebec players can't be hated on because they're Quebecois? There's no need to be so insecure, we're all Habs fans. Literally the last people who are going to hate on Quebecois for being Quebecois.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
MB will be extended. It's just a matter of time. If he was not fired after 5 straight losses to start the season he wont be fired. I don't remember a GM surviving a 5 games losing streak to start the season after he just fired the coach in the last year. When firing the coach is not an option for the GM usually the GM is the one being fired and you usually don't survive a 5 games losing streak to start a season. Molson still firmly believes in MB. 2-3 more wins and he is extended with a fanfare.

Reactions: amethyst
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad