Marc Bergevin - Now What?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Except now that the Rangers took the high road, the Habs will look worse by contrast. Being secretive and noninclusive isn't helpful for a team as bad as Montreal is.

Being secretive is a Habs tradition.

247spa.jpg

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Because he has said so. And contrary to what his little fan club thinks, he's not some master planner with some crazy gambit up his sleeve. Everything he says is exactly what he does. Also, he's really stupid.
That's odd, I'm under the impression relying on everyone here that Bergevin lies.......or do you just believe what you want to believe

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
That's odd, I'm under the impression relying on everyone here that Bergevin lies.......or do you just believe what you want to believe

You've said that Bergevin should be judged on his future moves. When evaluating his current tenure, why should he not be judged on past moves (or critical non-moves) which have contributed to this team going from 1st to last in 2016, a flame-out in 2017 and as basement-dwellers in 2018?

Capitano

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
How do you know this?

Well you can look at this two ways...either he doesn't think anything is wrong or he does.

If he does think something is wrong then he better have a plan to fix it. Not to mention the fact that he has played in a role in 'something being wrong ' because he has been making the decisions for this team over the past handful of years.

And on the flip side if he doesn't think something is wrong then he wouldn't do anything.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
You've said that Bergevin should be judged on his future moves. When evaluating his current tenure, why should he not be judged on past moves (or critical non-moves) which have contributed to this team going from 1st to last in 2016, a flame-out in 2017 and as basement-dwellers in 2018?
You can judge away, there's good and bad in there, good trades, bad ones, bad signings, I've never denied this.....but really, what really matters is what he does moving forward.

All good teams at some point were basement dwellers......Bergevins's core has aged out, time to reset (retool, tank, WTV )

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Well you can look at this two ways...either he doesn't think anything is wrong or he does.

If he does think something is wrong then he better have a plan to fix it. Not to mention the fact that he has played in a role in 'something being wrong ' because he has been making the decisions for this team over the past handful of years.

And on the flip side if he doesn't think something is wrong then he wouldn't do anything.

He has tried to fix it. He just failed in spectacular fashion.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

I believe he knows it's wrong, he just doesn't want to come out and say it.......maybe he should take a page out of the Rangers way of doing things....?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Therrien said "Why do you want me to use Eller in the shootout...he hasn't scored in 2 months!!!!" Though on the other hands, he was using DD in the shootout 'cause..."He hasn't scored in 2 months!!!! So it might give him some confidence if he scores!!!!"

The irony being Eller posted a 75% success rate the previous year. :laugh:

Reactions: Doc McKenna

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Personally, the Subban trade, the Sergachev trade and the Alzner signing tells me that even if he does think something is wrong, it doesn’t seem like he knows how to fix it.

Or, the things that he thinks are wrong, aren’t.

Reactions: Peanut

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
You can judge away, there's good and bad in there, good trades, bad ones, bad signings, I've never denied this.....but really, what really matters is what he does moving forward.

All good teams at some point were basement dwellers......Bergevins's core has aged out, time to reset (retool, tank, WTV )

You have

This really hasn't answered my question. How is any GM supposed to be evaluated if all you do is point towards the future and say " Let's wait? "

We've been hearing this sort of talk from the ever-scarce Bergevin supporters since the summer of 2015.

Last edited:

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
29 teams fail every year....30 this year. It's what he does moving forward that counts

This is a losers mentality at its finest. “Look at all the other teams that didn’t win! It’s not his fault!” Nobody here cares about the 30 other teams, we’re talking about this one. And wake up call for you, other teams that are failing in a similar fashion that we have the past six years face consequences and Bergevin is long overdue to face his. We shouldn’t be talking about what he’ll do moving forward because he doesn’t deserve the opportunity after what’s transpired the past 3 seasons.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal

The answer is in the room right?

He is too stupid to lie. He might try but anyone who graduated high school will see through that. He might convince his fellow 9th graders though.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Personally, the Subban trade, the Sergachev trade and the Alzner signing tells me that even if he does think something is wrong, it doesn’t seem like he knows how to fix it.

Or, the things that he thinks are wrong, aren’t.

I actually had a pinchbof sympathy for MB at the last presser.

He looked like he was in over his head and knew it. He didn’t have his usual cocksure manner. I got the impression he is finding the job much much harder than anticipated.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
The answer is in the room right?

He is too stupid to lie. He might try but anyone who graduated high school will see through that. He might convince his fellow 9th graders though.

Graduated high school?
My Daughter who is in 2nd grade told me but Daddy who is going to help this team win. They suck
Imagine a 2nd grader who has to watch and endure this shit

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
The ol' appeal to authority bit is laughable......ya, sorry if I'm gonna side with pros who've been in hockey their entire lives over an HF poster that comes on here everyday to complain :laugh:

(Not directed at you)
You probably agree with every appointment Trump has made then?

I'll refrain from pointing out how this makes you look..

Reactions: Doc McKenna
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad