Marc Bergevin - Kickstart My Heart Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
One can only hope that MB is getting replaced this weekend but I don't buy it but I have my fingers crossed. :) Roy taking over I'm not so sure about but can he be any worse that what MB is now?
Did we not say the same thing when Gauthier was replaced.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Does Roy own a dog?

He's gotten into fights with co-owners, calls out players to the media, is highly adversarial with the media, wouldn't take an NHL head coaching gig (jumping right from major junior) unless he had a substantive voice in player personnel decisions and quit right before a season started because management stopped listening to his player personnel input.

You think he's going to be better than Bergevin when it comes to making comments to the media?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Except with the announcement of Roy you've escaped into ... another sewer

Indeed.

You'll remember how after Andy escapes from the Shawshank sewer, he ends up at his dream location on the Pacific, Zihuatanejo?

And then you get a flashback where Andy states "You know what they say about the Pacific? It has no memory."

So he ends up at Zihuatanejo, which in real life, is a sewer:

The beach that Tim Robbins dreamed of escaping to in the 1994 film Shawshank Redemption has been closed to the public due to contamination.

The Mexican beach of Zihuatanejo, on the Pacific Coast, is where Robbins' character, wrongly-convicted Andy Dufresne, dreams of seeing out his days, fixing up a boat and taking tourists out for trips.

But anyone hoping to follow in his footsteps is advised to stay out of the water, due to high levels of pollution in the water which are causing health problems among the locals.

So, the analogy holds. Roy is the contamination.

We'll need the Pacific to help us forget how toxic Roy is and then some.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'll be happy when Bergevin is fired. But it will be short lived joy like when Gauthier was fired, or Therrien, or Carbo, Or Julien, or Therrien or when Julien is canned again.

Because this organization never identifies actual brains.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
He's gotten into fights with co-owners, calls out players to the media, is highly adversarial with the media, wouldn't take an NHL head coaching gig (jumping right from major junior) unless he had a substantive voice in player personnel decisions and quit right before a season started because management stopped listening to his player personnel input.

You think he's going to be better than Bergevin when it comes to making comments to the media?

He would not be my choice and neither would Bergevin but sadly we don't get to make the choices but if it was truly about winning you would see Bergevin fired and Dudley take over for the remainder of the season. He would then use some of his resources to look for the best possible candidate and if need be, hire a translator or as someone else mentioned hire a french speaking president of hockey operations or maybe even the fresh approach of a partnership, Gm and associate like the Sens did coaches Boucher and Crawford, one being bilingual.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
He would not be my choice and neither would Bergevin but sadly we don't get to make the choices but if it was truly about winning you would see Bergevin fired and Dudley take over for the remainder of the season. He would then use some of his resources to look for the best possible candidate and if need be, hire a translator or as someone else mentioned hire a french speaking president of hockey operations or maybe even the fresh approach of a partnership, Gm and associate like the Sens did coaches Boucher and Crawford, one being bilingual.

I may be mistaken but I think Crawford speaks french as well.i remember reading that somewhere.

durojean

May 29, 2007
So... what was said on choi just right now.

The animator ( Dany Houde ) said that right now the quebec and montreal journal are on an investigation of a big name in sport. ( the same scandal that we've been threw all week ). He said that they are waiting for more source but there could be an announcement soon about that big name.

It's important that he never gave any name... but... And it is probably false anyway...

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
I may be mistaken but I think Crawford speaks french as well.i remember reading that somewhere.

He used to coach the Nordiques and if I recall correctly is fluent in French. I think he would have got the job over Therrien back in 2012 if it wasn't for the ongoing Bertuzzi case.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
So I get the reservations regarding Roy, but some of you throw him down the gutters before he even has had the chance to actually manage a team. A lot of you were ecstatic when MB came on board. I wasn't. But I was willing to see what he could bring before judging. The same should be extended to the next guy unless it's someone already hired into the foxhole.

Who knows what really happened in Colorado and how much was his and how much was Sakic. Thing is, I seriously doubt anyone sees Roy objectively right now, especially with our perception of big ego types in management.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I'll be happy when Bergevin is fired. But it will be short lived joy like when Gauthier was fired, or Therrien, or Carbo, Or Julien, or Therrien or when Julien is canned again.

Because this organization never identifies actual brains.
Do you think Brisebois would be a good gm for the Habs?

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
I get reservations on Roy, but unless Stan Bowman gets fired from Chicago, it's not like there's a great list of people to choose from, billingual or not.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal

Couldn’t have said it better myself. Yet someone here keeps referring him as a God. If he becomes GM, this franchise will be atrocious for decades.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
That's amusing because Bergevin spent the summer overhauling the D. The fruit of his labours are apples that fell to the ground in the fall that he collected in the spring.
I thought Alzner would be much better than he has been.

But I'm very pleasantly shocked at the play of Mete.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Couldn’t have said it better myself. Yet someone here keeps referring him as a God. If he becomes GM, this franchise will be atrocious for decades.

If Bergevin remains GM this franchise will remain atrocious for decades.

I'm not saying Roy's the guy, but I am saying that Bergevin IS NOT the guy and we have over 5 years of precedence to confirm it.

Reactions: Runner77

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
If Bergevin remains GM this franchise will remain atrocious for decades.

I'm not saying Roy's the guy, but I am saying that Bergevin IS NOT the guy and we have over 5 years of precedence to confirm it.

If you track my post history you’d know I want Bergevin gone as much as the other one but replacing him with Roy would not be an improvement. We need someone with experience, not scared of rebuilding this team from the ground up.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I get reservations on Roy, but unless Stan Bowman gets fired from Chicago, it's not like there's a great list of people to choose from, billingual or not.

Stan Bowman just rode the wave. What has he done that's great ? The team core was already in place when he got on board (Hossa, Keith, Toews, Kane, Hjalmarsson, Seabrook, Sharp, Crawford, etc). His one notable acquisition is Panarin but they never won anything after he got him and then he dealt him away for a guy he got rid of. It's hard to make sense of anything he's doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad