Marc Bergevin - Kickstart My Heart Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorty

May 7, 2013
Seriously though, I don't think the team got that much worse...

... no, the East simply got better, WAY better, and Bergevin failed to adapt.

Because the Atlantic division is getting much better, and the fact that the Metro division will probably be just as good as last year (or even better), making the playoffs will be a true challenge this year. The East is getting tough, and the "crappy teams" of the past (Toronto, Carolina, Buffalo, New Jersey...) have began to stack many young, fast and skilled prospects/rookies. The good teams of the past (Pittsburgh, NYR, Washington, Tampa Bay, etc...) are still strong and competitive, because many have managed to draft and develop good players in the meantime, which we didn't.

Oh and the East also has better goaltenders now, in my opinion. Price can't dominate as much as before.

Last edited:
Reactions: True Tick and Tin

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
I don't know why I punished myself and watched l'antichambre after the game. It was a matter of time before the four clowns started on Galchenyuk. Is it just me or Drouin, Hudon, Pacioretty, Gallagher et al did bupkus. The four clowns on the show seem to have a vendetta against Chucky and it never fails that they blame all the Canadiens' offensive woes on #27. The organization has earned a PHD in mismanaging and destroying players. This kid went from a first liner to a fourth liner and now a third liner. Also from centre to right wing and now left wing. Unbelievable......

Johnny31

Aug 4, 2017
Relax Shlemko is coming back, he is going to play 25 min/game and be our Roman Josi.He played on a third pairing all his carreer but Bergevin know just like me that he is a late bloomer. So we will send Mete in the OHL to keep playing "Jamie"Benn (yes and the Stars dont know yet) and Mark Streit back to his 2008 form on the 3rd pairing. That you improve the defense and the offense by Marc Bergevin

Apr 28, 2010

Because the Atlantic division is getting much better, and the fact that the Metro division will probably be just as good as last year (or even better), making the playoffs will be a true challenge this year. The East is getting tough, and the "crappy teams" of the past (Toronto, Carolina, Buffalo, New Jersey...) have began to stack many young, fast and skilled prospects/rookies. The good teams of the past (Pittsburgh, NYR, Washington, Tampa Bay, etc...) are still strong and competitive, because many have managed to draft and develop good players in the meantime, which we didn't.

All the more reason to fire Bergevin. It's like he's not aware that the game now is more about speed and skills.

But this is on Geoff Molson too.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

Oh and the East also has better goaltenders now, in my opinion. Price can't dominate as much as before.
If they want to blame somebody, they should point the finger at the GM. He's responsible for this mess. The club can't score 2 goals a game. And if you want to say that Chuck isn't all that great that's fine... MB is STILL responsible for this. He could've not drafted him, could've developed him differently, could've traded him.

No matter what the buck stops with him.

Johnny31

Aug 4, 2017
By the way, I am starting to think that Bergevin is starting the rebuild I have wanted for a long long time by signing guy like Alzner, Streit and by protecting Benn just to be sure that the team suck balls this year. But at the same time he prolonged Price for 10 years and 10.5 millions. So nothing make sense, what he is trying to do ?

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
By the way, I am starting to think that Bergevin is starting the rebuild I have wanted for a long long time by signing guy like Alzner, Streit and by protecting Benn just to be sure that the team suck balls this year. But at the same time he prolonged Price for 10 years and 10.5 millions. So nothing make sense, what he is trying to do ?

He's throwing crap at the wall and hoping something sticks at this point. I think he hasn't had a plan since the end of his first season here.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
I don't know why I punished myself and watched l'antichambre after the game. It was a matter of time before the four clowns started on Galchenyuk. Is it just me or Drouin, Hudon, Pacioretty, Gallagher et al did bupkus. The four clowns on the show seem to have a vendetta against Chucky and it never fails that they blame all the Canadiens' offensive woes on #27. The organization has earned a PHD in mismanaging and destroying players. This kid went from a first liner to a fourth liner and now a third liner. Also from centre to right wing and now left wing. Unbelievable......

Oh Please with the Galchenyuk is getting screwed BS. This guy is a f***ing dog. He's been barely noticeable for 3 games now which is just continuation from when he came back after his injury.
If he's such a star he should make others Around him better. At least Danault and Shaw seem to actually be motivated and noticeable.
I guess he's still injured? Too Many excuses for him. Coach f***ed him, gm f***ed him blah blah
Galchenyuk and his work ethic have f***ed him
Time to pull up your bug boy pants and start working harder and utilizing your skill. Right now he f***ing sucks

Reactions: Backstrom6

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
If they want to blame somebody, they should point the finger at the GM. He's responsible for this mess. The club can't score 2 goals a game. And if you want to say that Chuck isn't all that great that's fine... MB is STILL responsible for this. He could've not drafted him, could've developed him differently, could've traded him.

No matter what the buck stops with him.

Far far from a Bergevin guy. Can't stand him but he tried hard to trade Galchenyuk. No one wants this guy. He's a dog. Until he shows up game after game , he will continue being a dog. His compete level is non existent for a guy with his supposed skill set

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Marc Bergevin - Kickstart My Heart Edition

1xa204.jpg

:sarcasm:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Far far from a Bergevin guy. Can't stand him but he tried hard to trade Galchenyuk. No one wants this guy. He's a dog. Until he shows up game after game , he will continue being a dog. His compete level is non existent for a guy with his supposed skill set
We've done everything we can to screw him up. I can't think of a player that's been handled worse.

Johnny31

Aug 4, 2017
Just trade him at this point. I think that we will end up regretting it because he will explose with his next team but I cant see this happening with us. He seems to be in a very bad patern. Trade him for his own benefit before we completely destroy him

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
yeah ok he's an expletive dog, It's three games and he hasn't shown up? What have Danault or Shaw done in the three games. Give me a break.......

Danault can penalty kill and has adddd a Shg. Galchenyuk is floating. Take your blinders off man. He's been awful since returning from injury. Slower than ever. Less involved. Watch him closely. He will never go into the corner
Man this guy is completely overrated

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
Overrated!!!!!??? When he scored 30 goals just 2 years ago I bet you weren't calling him overrated. When's the last time Shaw or Danault got 30 goals. I think you're the one who needs to take the blinders off...... We'll agree to disagree on this one.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Overrated!!!!!??? When he scored 30 goals just 2 years ago I bet you weren't calling him overrated. When's the last time Shaw or Danault got 30 goals. I think you're the one who needs to take the blinders off...... We'll agree to disagree on this one.

Hahah. One 30 g year. Guess Jonathan marcashault is a super star too. He's so good Bergevin tried trading him. He's so good they have decided he can't play centre.
Overrated. He's got talent but zero f***ing drive

Reactions: Tyson

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Bergevin should take a bow. It only took him 5 years to completely ruin this team.

Radulov is a mercenary and Markov is too old. We don't need them. Hemsky and Streit can do the job for a fraction of the salary they said..

The team did better last year with Galchenyuk at center. Chucky had 10 points in 10 games and the team got off to a rocket of a start going 9-1. Drouin on the other hand has only a single assist and can't generate anything 5 on 5 on top of being terrible defensively just like everybody said. He generates most of his points on the PP. Let that sink in while we continue to drown the one player that actually had the potential to help carry this franchise offensively.

What Bergevin has done is nothing short of criminal. Jail worthy. I'd lock him in a cell and throw away the key, or perhaps a straight jacket would be more suiting... do they make those in purple?

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Honestly, I don't think Molson came in and gave Bergey the mandate ti ''win now''. Bergevin even said in his press conference that rebuilding would take time as they have to do it properly through drafting and developing, using Chicago as an example, and they tanked.

I think Bergevin believed this team was a bottom dweller one. He expected us to suck and keep sucking. That's why his free agent signings were just bottom players, but with a more physical edge. They wouldn't bring much skill to this team, just sandpaper, making it a bit more entertaining and tough, but nothing to boost us up the standings. Unfortunately for him, he didn't realize the ****show of previous season, and adding Galch-Gallagher-Markov to this team, meant adding 2 top 6 guys and 1 top Dman. You can't even bring in that much talent off free agency.

That screwed his entire plans, and he has failed to adapt since.

I was referring to this Molson quote from the 2012 presser where Bergevin was announced:

"Today marks the first step towards bringing back a winning culture to our organization," Molson said. "Our priorities are as follows: improve the team in the short-term, re-establish a winning a culture over the long-term, give our fans what they deserve, the best possible product on the ice, and establish stability in all areas of the organization."

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/montrealer-marc-bergevin-named-canadiens-gm-1.1129922

If Molson was not asking for Bergevin to "win now", then what does he mean by "improve the team in the short-term"? If you're rebuilding, then it's incompatible with the long-term goal of improving the team through drafting and development since improving the team in the short term infers improvements that run counter to the longwinded process that is usually associated with rebuilding over the long term. Hence my comment in the other thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad