Marc Bergevin - Kickstart My Heart Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
It's not good but 2w and 7L is a hell of a lot better than going 1 and 8. Last night's win is pretty big from that perspective. Obviously still lots of time to make the playoffs here despite a crappy start. No matter what though, I think we can all agree that the club is nowhere near contender status. And at this stage, given what he started with... it should be.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
and then i saw the playoff race
im a MBliever
we were in last place
im a MBliever

this roster is junk ooo ooo ooo
im a MBliever he couldn't make trades if he tried

continued ...

Then I saw his roster, now I'm a MBeliever
Not a trace of doubt in my mind
Dat dat dat
I'm a MBeliever, Squeeze le bâton

Kan Kon, ohhhh!

Oh, last place was out to get me
Now, that's the way it seemed
Disappointment haunted all of my Cup dreams
Then I saw his de-presser, now I'm a MBeliever

Yes, I saw that locker room, now I'm a MBeliever
Not a trace of doubt in my mind

Said, I'm a MBeliever, dat, dat, dat, dat, dat, dat, dat (I'm a MBeliever)
Said, I'm a MBeliever, yeah (I'm a MBeliever)
I said, I'm a MBeliever, yeah (I'm a MBeliever)

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Random thought... that cap space we have this season, is it not pretty close to Radulov's AAV + the difference between Weber's AAV and Subban's?

I'm guessing the Plekanec cap savings in the offseason would help with Price's and Patches' forthcoming raises but I could be wrong.

Top 9 / top 2 pairs

Pacioretty - Drouin - Radulov
Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Byron - Plekanec (Poehling beyond this year) - Shaw

Mete - Subban
Emelin - Petry

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Random thought... that cap space we have this season, is it not pretty close to Radulov's AAV + the difference between Weber's AAV and Subban's?

I'm guessing the Plekanec cap savings in the offseason would help with Price's and Patches' forthcoming raises but I could be wrong.

Top 9 / top 2 pairs

Pacioretty - Drouin - Radulov
Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Byron - Plekanec (Poehling beyond this year) - Shaw

Mete - Subban
Emelin - Petry

You've managed to make me cry!

Reactions: Roadhouse

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
The Habs problems have been obvious for so many years and all of his moves are so predictably bad that it hurts. How is he allowed to still go on?

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Roke

Jul 21, 2003
Winnipeg
The Habs problems have been obvious for so many years and all of his moves are so predictably bad that it hurts. How is he allowed to still go on?

Yeah. When you build a team like Brian Burke building the Leafs (but you inherited a much better goalie) you're not going to get the best results.

The first summer was a pretty big warning sign with Therrien, Bouillon, 4 years for Prust & Moen, and thinking Subban was comparable to Michael Del Zotto and then the Briere/Murray/Parros summer the next year was even worse.

Reactions: Tighthead

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Yeah. When you build a team like Brian Burke building the Leafs (but you inherited a much better goalie) you're not going to get the best results.

The first summer was a pretty big warning sign with Therrien, Bouillon, 4 years for Prust & Moen, and thinking Subban was comparable to Michael Del Zotto and then the Briere/Murray/Parros summer the next year was even worse.

I agree yet find myself wistfully nostalgic for those years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad