Marc Bergevin - Kickstart My Heart Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Bergevin is not the one coaching our team, Julien is. Julien is the one putting Galchenyuk on the 4th line. But wait, let me guess... Bergevin is telling Julien what to do right?

Well there is evidence of this happening when our coach says during the summer he will play Chucky at C and give him a fresh start. All of a sudden at end of summer golf tournament Bergevin decides Drouin is our franchise C and Chucky is a LW. These things are like rats, if you see one, there are likely hundreds more hiding somewhere else.

Last edited:

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I don't need to read back man, you have an unhealthy obsession with Bergevin. Sorry but I don't know how else to explain this.

You see some sort of conspiracies all the time... And it's Bergevin behind everything all the time, I mean wtf man?

Do you really believe that a coach of Julien's pedigree is just Bergevin's puppet? This is just ludacris.

You're the one who sees conspiracies. Do you also believe that the GM and coach don't discuss lineups and deployments? You wouldn't even bother to read a few extra pages to get it right.

So be it. I'm done with posters who openly admit they don't care if they get it right. I thought you were better than that man. Clearly I was mistaken.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
You're the one who sees conspiracies. Do you also believe that the GM and coach don't discuss lineups and deployments? You wouldn't even bother to read a few extra pages to get it right.

So be it. I'm done with posters who openly admit they don't care if they get it right. I thought you were better than that man. Clearly I was mistaken.

Don't forget to read between the lines.

1y7iil.jpg

Reactions: groovejuice

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal

Dude, I know exactly your position on this and what you were trying to imply, this is not the first time you suggest stuff like this.

What was there new to read? It's always the same, Bergevin is the ultimate villain and everything is under his control...

Of course they discuss players but it's Julien who's making the decisions at the end of the day.

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
Dude, I know exactly your position on this and what you were trying to imply, this is not the first time you suggest stuff like this.

What was there new to read? It's always the same, Bergevin is the ultimate villain and everything is under his control...

Of course they discuss players but it's Julien who's making the decisions at the end of the day.
My boss also "discuss" with me. I do what he wants at the end of the day.

Reactions: Habs178

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Well there is evidence of this happening when our coach says during the summer he will play Chucky at C and give him a fresh start. All of a sudden at end of the summer golf tournament Bergevin decides Drouin is our franchise C and Chucky is a LW. These things are like rats, if you see one, there are likely hundreds more hiding somewhere else.

Julien said Galchenyuk will get A CHANCE to play center. He DIDN'T say he WILL play center. Sorry bud, I'm not buying that every single issue our team has is Bergevin's fault. There are some very legit reasons but this is not one. Galchenyuk playing 4th line is between Galchenyuk and Julien. Julien has a plan of breaking him down with the hope of rebuilding him back up again. Galchenyuk is going to have to figure it out. Lets see if Julien's plan works.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Weird that both Therrien and Julien use that exact same move

Did MT put Galchenyuk on the 4th line? Is is weird or is it a coincident? Listen, I think we need a sample size of Galchenyuk at center and if we end up falling off this year (lets see where we stand at the end of the month), we should play Galchenyuk at center for a complete year. However, if you watch his game, there are question marks. He's got lots of talent but he needs to learn to make smart plays with the puck

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Julien said Galchenyuk will get A CHANCE to play center. He DIDN'T say he WILL play center. Sorry bud, I'm not buying that every single issue our team has is Bergevin's fault. There are some very legit reasons but this is not one. Galchenyuk playing 4th line is between Galchenyuk and Julien. Julien has a plan of breaking him down with the hope of rebuilding him back up again. Galchenyuk is going to have to figure it out. Lets see if Julien's plan works.

Where was this chance you speak of? If the GM says that he isn't playing C and then the coach proceeds to not play him at C... How can fans not associate these situations to each other?

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Did MT put Galchenyuk on the 4th line? Is is weird or is it a coincident? Listen, I think we need a sample size of Galchenyuk at center and if we end up falling off this year (lets see where we stand at the end of the month), we should play Galchenyuk at center for a complete year. However, if you watch his game, there are question marks. He's got lots of talent but he needs to learn to make smart plays with the puck

There's been some posts that provided stats on Galchenyuk's performance statistically as center previously. Obviously no data from this year, but I think we got a decent enough sample size that shows in terms of production, he can be an offensive force.

Hurt the team? Hard to say, but last year, when he started as center, we had a blistering start to the season before he got hurt. In 2015-2016, we can probably blame him for ruining our tank because he was scoring so many goals :sarcasm:

We won last night, so it's unlikely he'll move back to center and since so many people are on the hot seat, no chance CJ is going to experiment now or be patient with Alex. The only thing I would pin on MB regarding Alex (other than all the public nonsense about positioning and liabilities) is regardless of fault, losing Radulov hurt Alex. Not sure about mentorship, but Radulov was a great complimentary player. Alex has to be responsible away from the puck, I agree. I also think he needs to put in that effort 100% like all the stars do.

All this aside, I'm hoping the off the ice stuff isn't true, but if so, I hope the best and Tremblay needs to STFU on personal issues of other people.

However, regardless of deficiencies in his game, I don't think there is any question he is incredibly talented and still only 23. I was an idiot when I was 23, wasted a lot of years in school but now carved out a decent life. I think with continued mentorship and coaching, as well as being given opportunities to succeed (playing with Mitchell and Hemsky or Danault and Shaw just didn't work) will pay off for us. End of the day, Alex is an ASSET and we need to not waste it as well.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

You have absolutely nothing to base that on.

Reactions: JLP and Tighthead

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
There's been some posts that provided stats on Galchenyuk's performance statistically as center previously. Obviously no data from this year, but I think we got a decent enough sample size that shows in terms of production, he can be an offensive force.

Hurt the team? Hard to say, but last year, when he started as center, we had a blistering start to the season before he got hurt. In 2015-2016, we can probably blame him for ruining our tank because he was scoring so many goals :sarcasm:

We won last night, so it's unlikely he'll move back to center and since so many people are on the hot seat, no chance CJ is going to experiment now or be patient with Alex. The only thing I would pin on MB regarding Alex (other than all the public nonsense about positioning and liabilities) is regardless of fault, losing Radulov hurt Alex. Not sure about mentorship, but Radulov was a great complimentary player. Alex has to be responsible away from the puck, I agree. I also think he needs to put in that effort 100% like all the stars do.

All this aside, I'm hoping the off the ice stuff isn't true, but if so, I hope the best and Tremblay needs to **** on personal issues of other people.

However, regardless of deficiencies in his game, I don't think there is any question he is incredibly talented and still only 23. I was an idiot when I was 23, wasted a lot of years in school but now carved out a decent life. I think with continued mentorship and coaching, as well as being given opportunities to succeed (playing with Mitchell and Hemsky or Danault and Shaw just didn't work) will pay off for us. End of the day, Alex is an ASSET and we need to not waste it as well.

Great post. And you summarized it very well with your last statement! To put Galchenyuk at center full time or not. Regardless, If we ever trade him before we try him at center for a complete year, we better get full return. Giving up on him like we did with Beaulieu and Ghetto are not smart moves IMO.

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Where was this chance you speak of? If the GM says that he isn't playing C and then the coach proceeds to not play him at C... How can fans not associate these situations to each other?

Julien did play Galchenyuk at center in certain situations in pre-season. Galchenyuk's play lead him to the 4th line. I want to defend Galchenyuk and the skilled asset we have with him but he does deserve some of his own faith. But if you want to pin this against our GM and give our Coach and player a pass, go right ahead. It's not something I agree with.

Last edited:

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Julien did play Galchenyuk at center in certain situations in pre-season. Galchenyuk's play lead him to the 4th line. I want to defend Galchenyuk and the skilled asset we have with him but he does deserve some of his own faith. But if you want to pin this against our GM and give our Coach and player a pass, go right ahead. It's not something I agree with.

Bergevin: "Trades are hard". People laugh at it and say he is not telling the truth.

Bergevin: "Galchenyuk is a winger at this point". People laugh at it and believe it.

Bergevin: "We want to build through the draft". We have 23 picks top 100 picks in our last 6 drafts. That is 4 or 5 more picks on top of our own picks. But people laugh at it and say we trade picks away and mortgage our future.

Should I carry on?

I've watched every single preseason game and training camp scrimmage and at no point in time did he play C. He started off on the 3rd line from day one , at some points playing with danault/shaw and then others playing with Danault/Hemsky.

Bergevin obviously isn't transparent , I don't think anyone is arguing that he is. That doesn't mean that all of his statements are falsehoods. This isn't black/white there is a tonne of grey and it's important to look at the big picture. All the signs point to our management being the issue and you chose to ignore the information provided to you. Facts don't convince you , anecdotal evidence doesn't sway you , this isn't the characteristic of a neutral poster quite the contrary. There is nothing wrong with not being neutral but it's peculiar when posters go out of their way to claim to be above the speculation and then only to turn around and speculate.

Reactions: JLP and Tighthead

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
He's meeting with the media today....

3-1 odds he comes out with a smug grin after winning 1 game
5-1 odds he is wearing purple

Reactions: Habs178

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
15+ min late already, I guess Bergy figures you can keep people waiting if you're the boss (and don't respect the fans enough to be on time lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad