News Article: Marc Bergevin Drops The Ball As Canadiens Lose Alexei Emelin

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Disagree entirely.

We've seen Tinordi and Beaulieu play well in their call-ups. They are next in line, they will get valuable experience, just as this year is designed to do. We have Diaz on the cusp of returning and two D-men in Weber and Kaberle who have played regular NHL shifts over the years.

Trading 2 x 2nd round picks to get ****** defensemen like Regehr and Leopold would not have been smart for a team sticking to a rebuild/restructure and culture change plan that seems further along than any one could have thought.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Definitely dropped the ball by not calling Miss Chloe to be informed of the future.

uiCk

Jan 20, 2009
MTL
Marc Bergevin Drops The Ball As Canadiens Lose Alexei Emelin
http://thehockeywriters.com/marc-bergevin-drops-the-ball-as-canadiens-lose-alexei-emelin/

Feel free to agree or disagree with me!

Disagree!
The window of opportunity was open wide, but Bergevin decided to close the shutters instead of looking at the bigger picture and add more depth to his blue line!
That's not the bigger picture! that's short term, MB is looking at the bigger picture.

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
I like the fact that we can now give some of our youngsters experience which will only make us stronger for next year.
Thankyou MB for keeping our picks.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Idiotic. I guess he should have a crystal ball. Sigh, so begins the crapping on Bergevin. Perhaps the honeymoon is over already...

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Idiotic. I guess he should have a crystal ball. Sigh, so begins the crapping on Bergevin. Perhaps the honeymoon is over already...

This guy is from Quebec City, so hopefully they get a team again and we don't have to read these articles anymore.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Disagree with the article. Habs have plenty of options on D. Injuries happen and rosters get decimated, you can never make enough trades at the deadline for that alone to cover off all contingencies. But the Habs have options... Diaz returning, the option to peel back the bubble-wrap on Kaberle or use Weber if he's healthy... and of course the option to call up a guy from the AHL. Bergevin already test-drove that option with Tinordi and Beaulieu, and they already both proved they could handle standing in on the blueline. So Bergevin has done a great job, getting a good low-cost depth defender in Drewiske is just a bonus to me. Paying out good draft picks for Robyn Regehr would have been the dumb move IMHO.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
I disagree.

Drewiske was a fine addition at a low price, Diaz is on his way back soon and Bergevin is free to call up either Beaulieu or Pateryn -- both who impressed during their stints with the big club. Bergevin did well by adding Drew and not giving up much, while keeping all of his seconds and his first.

_vivelequebec_

Mar 5, 2007
Montréal
How come not trading Weber for a low draft pick is a mistake? Bergevin just sent the message to other GMs that he is one though guy to deal with. You'll see how much it'll worth in the future when it'll come to negotiate....

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I disagree.

Drewiske was a fine addition at a low price, Diaz is on his way back soon and Bergevin is free to call up either Beaulieu or Pateryn -- both who impressed during their stints with the big club. Bergevin did well by adding Drew and not giving up much, while keeping all of his seconds and his first.

Tinordi.

He was better than those 2 during their callup.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
completely disagree, was Marc supposed to know Emelin would get hurt. Good thing is that we have drewiskie and Nathan can be put into the lineup until diaz is ready to go.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Dropping the ball would've been overpaying for a ****** defenseman like the names WTK said, Bergevin played it smart and got a solid depth guy without paying much. Diaz will be back soon and we have Tinordi, Beaulieu, St-Denis and Pateryn who can fill in on the bottom pairing from Hamilton and also we still have Weber and Kaberle.

dreamingofdrouin*

Dropping the ball would've been overpaying for a ****** defenseman like the names WTK said, Bergevin played it smart and got a solid depth guy without paying much. Diaz will be back soon and we have Tinordi, Beaulieu, St-Denis and Pateryn who can fill in on the bottom pairing from Hamilton and also we still have Weber and Kaberle.

This^^

whoever the write of the article is.....he's a twit.....stupid, stupid assessment.

HabsHockey*

How's this a news article when you write the thing and pay to become a sponsor. Is it just to post links to make money off the ads on your site because this is the most active board on HF?

Back to the "news article" now, what do you call picking up a depth D a few days before the trade deadline? Did you want Berg to pick up 3 D? 5 of them?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad