Player Discussion Marat Khusnutdinov

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Marat looks vg. Plays PP, and PK. Decent passer, good positionally, smart, and for a little guy, seems reasonably strong. Is this a regular season game with starters?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Marat looks vg. Plays PP, and PK. Decent passer, good positionally, smart, and for a little guy, seems reasonably strong. Is this a regular season game with starters?
Pretty sure this is still pre-season. SKA's got Khusnutdinov playing big minutes and has a few 2021 draftees in the mix as well, so I'd assume these aren't necessarily full line-ups. Purely a guess, though.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Pretty sure this is still pre-season. SKA's got Khusnutdinov playing big minutes and has a few 2021 draftees in the mix as well, so I'd assume these aren't necessarily full line-ups. Purely a guess, though.
Ok, that makes sense. Marat looks like one of the better guys on the ice, so it would make sense that not all of the starters are playing, or are going at 80%.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Madlad has had more points in this game than he had in 12 KHL games last season. I know it's just preseason but nice to see.

Hopefully he's earning himself some better offensive opportunities

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Madlad has had more points in this game than he had in 12 KHL games last season. I know it's just preseason but nice to see.

Hopefully he's earning himself some better offensive opportunities
Yeah, the points are nice but less important than the possibility of a bigger role this season. Seems unlikely that he'd play himself onto one of the top lines, but if he can get minutes on both the PP and PK it could be a big year for him.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
Yeah, the points are nice but less important than the possibility of a bigger role this season. Seems unlikely that he'd play himself onto one of the top lines, but if he can get minutes on both the PP and PK it could be a big year for him.
I don't think it's unlikely at all.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Khusnutdinov is up to 22 pts in 39 games in KHL. Not bad at all for a prospect who is hailed as a two-way player

Reactions: Circulartheory

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Not in every case, but in most cases KHL points translate to more points in the AHL. KHL is a much stronger league imo for the most part (hold a couple teams). Even if his points translated 1 for 1 to the AHL, he’d be on pace for a pretty good d+2 season in the AHL. My gut is that he’d be about a point per game guy in the AHL next year, if not this year.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Not in every case, but in most cases KHL points translate to more points in the AHL. KHL is a much stronger league imo for the most part (hold a couple teams). Even if his points translated 1 for 1 to the AHL, he’d be on pace for a pretty good d+2 season in the AHL. My gut is that he’d be about a point per game guy in the AHL next year, if not this year.

The league is fine on it's own. I just dislike the lack of transfer agreements between the KHL/NHL so there is no team control over their prospects.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Honestly I prefer Russian prospects stay there as long as they want. Obviously Kaprizov stayed beyond what was necessary, but it is nice to know that when they arrive they will be ready

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad