Player Discussion Marat Khusnutdinov

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Guy is fearless and fast. Moves around the ice more than Fiala does, and is constantly keeping the puck moving with passes. Get him on Rossi's workout plan so he can build that strength up, and we could very well have a pair of 5'9 top 6 centers. If he doesn't ever find the strength, he could still end up being a top 6 winger who can drive offense and be good defensively.

Reactions: WILDTATE10

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Every time it's like NHL fans don't wish their teams to succeed...

I didn't say I wish he didn't play in the KHL. I said I wish he didn't play for SKA (or CSKA). The two teams that have a lot of money and are more inclined to rip up his whatever the KHL equivalent of an entry level contract that doesn't pay him much, in return for an extension. Like happened with Kaprizov.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Is he a better prospect than Khovanov? About the same?
Hard to tell. I mean Khovanov looks like a bust right now. Can't do crap in the KHL and I would take Artem Galimov(drafted in the 5th this time) over Khovanov anyday by now.

Potential-wise Khusnutdinov might be a better prospect, but as other russian posters will confirm he is way overhyped in NA for reasons I can't explain.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I didn't say I wish he didn't play in the KHL. I said I wish he didn't play for SKA (or CSKA). The two teams that have a lot of money and are more inclined to rip up his whatever the KHL equivalent of an entry level contract that doesn't pay him much, in return for an extension. Like happened with Kaprizov.
The best thing that ever "happened" to Kaprizov was staying in Russia for that long. And money had nothing to do with it. It was his smart decision.

In return MIN gets a better player which should be in the best interest of it's fans.

Reactions: MuckOG

P10p

May 15, 2012
The best thing that ever "happened" to Kaprizov was staying in Russia for that long. And money had nothing to do with it. It was his smart decision.

In return MIN gets a better player which should be in the best interest of it's fans.

Easy to say that now with hindsight on your side...

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
He was rumored to be coming to Erie (OHL) this year. Though with COVID, that becomes less likely. I do believe he has interest though in getting over to NA as soon as possible

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018

This Matvey Michkov kid is the best 15 year Old I’ve seen in some time. Between Wright/Lambert (2022) and Bedard/Michkov (2023) we could very well we another 15/16 draft year combo with McDavid/Eichel and Matthews/Laine. Michov, for perspective, it wel putprlducing Khusnutdinov on the same team while being 3 years younger.

Reactions: AJ Thelen

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
Wow, looks like a gem pick. Does incredible stuff at top speed. I'll call him nuts in a dove.

Haven't been this excited about the future of this team since 2010. Although, I question Rossi's transition into NHL game speed a bit more than others. He does possess an (potentially) elite vision to compensate that, though.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
If he he ever makes it over it'll be nice to have his speed up front. We have become a slow team.

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
I saw he was the 13th forward today for SKA, wish he would have had a chance to play but nice to see him get a call to the KHL.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Small sample size? He is only 20, and looked great just months ago.
He did not look great. He was not in the KHL. On the level. on which he should start performing at this age(a lot of his peers do, some of them on the same team) he looks lost. That is obviously due to his NA adventure. Jumping back and forth istead of developing steadily is what separates him from the guys who are 19-20 and start to show signs of mature plaz in the KHL are are even regular KHLers by now. The sample size is growing and due to quarantine measures it's not like he is being skipped for veterans. Last night the team iced two 20 year olds and a 18 year old. Again, he looks that for now. He has time to improve, but at this point I am getting sceptical.

Reactions: Al Lagoon

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey

gotta-go-fast-sonic-rubick-runner-transparent.png

Reactions: guitarhunterdude

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad