Maple Leafs Window Closed...

Has the window closed...

• Total voters

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
This team has been exposed. Its soft as butter. All the skill didn’t score, would get its nose dirty. Trying to skill goals in the playoffs is not going to happen near as much as reg season. Its a problem. T bay adjusted and fixed it already. Boston and Columbus showed a weak under belly.

Now it seems clear emough. Window is not closed. That’s hilariously defeatist thinking. Needs change right through the roster
Window isn’t closed but some are doing there best to paint it shut.

theTTC

Aug 17, 2010
Now it seems clear emough. Window is not closed. That’s hilariously defeatist thinking. Needs change right through the roster
In the recent Leafs brass presser, Dubas doubled down on his original player/team philosophy. So, what makes one believe he will initiate "change right through the roster"?

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
In the recent Leafs brass presser, Dubas doubled down on his original player/team philosophy. So, what makes one believe he will initiate "change right through the roster"?
I was on a fishing trip so I didn’t even hear it. Sounds like i am glad I didn’t:) Shanny was saying the team needs more grit i read but still haven’t listened. Thats a different take from each maybe. They will hash it out or the windows will slam on a big wasted time.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Window isn’t closed but some are doing there best to paint it shut.
Yeah everyone is pretty much feeling disappointed and mad to different degrees. I walked away from it for a week. It kills me ha. I could say p!ssed off stuff too but the step back works for avoiding it.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Yeah everyone is pretty much feeling disappointed and mad to different degrees. I walked away from it for a week. It kills me ha. I could say p!ssed off stuff too but the step back works for avoiding it.
Everyone deals with it differently.
Some walk away, for some, posting helps vent the frustration.

Hello, my name is X and I am a chronic Maple Leaf fan. I first starting cheering 30 years ago and need help.

Reactions: Mad hatter

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014

Hello, my name is X and I am a chronic Maple Leaf fan. I first starting cheering 30 years ago and need help.
Maple Leafs fans AA slogan haha

Edit: definitely not mocking AA.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trapper

Auston Richard

Feb 27, 2020
It was close and that was a key difference maker that swayed it. You are completely underestimating having your top shut down defender out with AHL depth to replace him.

Also, game 2 was absolute domination by the leafs.

The leafs couldn't score. That was the primary problem. Blaming that on the loss of a shutdown D is insane.

Shooter14

57 years now and still hoping.
Feb 5, 2018

Hey I know how you feel. I've been addicted since 1967 and I've been getting help, I finally admitted to myself that I needed help, so I've been going Maple Leafs Anonymous.

I Think it's been about 40 years now that I've been going. I tell you it hasn't been easy, more so when the Leafs make the playoffs. I would break out in a sweat, shake alot. When there out of the playoffs, I get a sense of relief that my anguish is over. Just when I think I'm out they pull me back in, when the new season starts. If you need a sponsor let me know. Stay strong.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
I was on a fishing trip so I didn’t even hear it. Sounds like i am glad I didn’t:) Shanny was saying the team needs more grit i read but still haven’t listened. Thats a different take from each maybe. They will hash it out or the windows will slam on a big wasted time.
We’re gonna need lake location and GPS points. Just for clarity.:D

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
I'm still so mad at this team for losing. Getting shut out in Game 1 is shameful, getting shut out in Game 5 is a travesty. Yeah, I understand Korpisalo was playing well, but the Lightning forwards have made him look very human this series.

If these Leaf players want to be "great" - specifically Matthews, Tavares, Marner - then they need to actually step up and find ways to win games. The 3 goal comeback in in Game 4 is now totally meaningless and can only be mentioned in the same breath as the 3 goal collapse in Game 3 and the utter futility of Game 5.

The Leafs' window was never open with this core; if it had been then they could have at least won a single playoff series without getting embarrassed. Passengers like Marner whose on-ice skill is surpassed mainly by his salary cap detriment to this team either need to justify their roster spot or be moved elsewhere.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
The leafs couldn't score. That was the primary problem. Blaming that on the loss of a shutdown D is insane.

having said that I don't think we can count on facing the 28th ranked offensive team in the playoffs. That isn't going to happen much.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
We still gittin our chances sire. Also uh, we are getting a new vet thug in joe thornton and still getting two real THUGS with him. Like Reaves and some fool and cheaper like Rinaldo. Some Domi tucker type of thug who can play that dirt. Corson and Roberts and dirt. Mayne they tough monkeys.

But uh yeah, we still got the same core killa and now we understand that getting THUGS and heavy metal D-guy is the dirt. We bout our paper and money, so we cool. Dubas finna get us some heavy metal D, so after that, we again have a chance on this here.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
We still gittin our chances sire. Also uh, we are getting a new vet thug in joe thornton and still getting two real THUGS with him. Like Reaves and some fool and cheaper like Rinaldo. Some Domi tucker type of thug who can play that dirt. Corson and Roberts and dirt. Mayne they tough monkeys.

But uh yeah, we still got the same core killa and now we understand that getting THUGS and heavy metal D-guy is the dirt. We bout our paper and money, so we cool. Dubas finna get us some heavy metal D, so after that, we again have a chance on this here.
Definitely need some head banging heavy metal deee.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Y'
Definitely need some head banging heavy metal deee.
Y'all already know sire. Also I'm lookin at this philly vs mont game and back to my mind came the good ol philly games and now I want Wayne Simmonds on our team REAL HARD. That guy with Joe T would change it all. Simmonds is feared. He is hated. The man is strong like Tyson and still has that PP skill. Would make our second PP better, even first hell. Still doubt it in the first, but second would be a bank one. Simmonds would fight everybody, be a fan favourite, liked guy, sell jerseys and still hit that thang hard. Mayne that guy is an ox. Need him, cheap.

mclaren55

Apr 12, 2010
Y'

Y'all already know sire. Also I'm lookin at this philly vs mont game and back to my mind came the good ol philly games and now I want Wayne Simmonds on our team REAL HARD. That guy with Joe T would change it all. Simmonds is feared. He is hated. The man is strong like Tyson and still has that PP skill. Would make our second PP better, even first hell. Still doubt it in the first, but second would be a bank one. Simmonds would fight everybody, be a fan favourite, liked guy, sell jerseys and still hit that thang hard. Mayne that guy is an ox. Need him, cheap.

If this was 2015 I’d be down.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Has the “window” officially closed for the Maple Leafs? Now that it is very evident that there will be No success with this core and goaltending. I know there was talk of this “window” a few years back. Looks like it has been boarded shut now.

Can we officially say it is a failed rebuild. Does this core need to be torn torn and rebuilt.

Thoughts?

LMAO.

Idiotic.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
If this was 2015 I’d be down.
Also Imagine this sire imagine another Domi playing for the maple leafs. Their team (smurfs) is not using his body the correct way. He has played in their 4th line at times. They not loving him at all. Domi and his family are triers. They try hard. That'
s why even he is with the maple leafs in the near future. We want em all and we get em all.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
The 4th youngest team in the league played at a 105 point pace under Keefe while missing it's best two defenseman for a large portion of that stretch and having some of the worst goaltending in the league during that run as well.

If we even maintain a league average defense in terms of high danger chances against as we had under Keefe and get average goaltending next year, this team should have home ice in the playoffs even in this division.

The window is just opening and will be open for the next 5-6 seasons minimim. People just have no patience.

This team is younger than most rebuilding teams. Carolina, Columbus, and NYR are the only younger rosters and none of them made the 2nd round of the playoffs this year.

Lou's mistakes are all cleaned up, Dubas actually has some flexibility this offseason, lets see what he does with it.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Has the “window” officially closed for the Maple Leafs? Now that it is very evident that there will be No success with this core and goaltending. I know there was talk of this “window” a few years back. Looks like it has been boarded shut now.

Can we officially say it is a failed rebuild. Does this core need to be torn torn and rebuilt.

Thoughts?

Dubas opened the door last summer but it took a few months to get Babcock out of the barn.

I am looking forward to seeing what the new system looks like in a year.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Y'

Clifford/Spezza/Simmons?

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
The 4th youngest team in the league played at a 105 point pace under Keefe while missing it's best two defenseman for a large portion of that stretch and having some of the worst goaltending in the league during that run as well.

If we even maintain a league average defense in terms of high danger chances against as we had under Keefe and get average goaltending next year, this team should have home ice in the playoffs even in this division.

The window is just opening and will be open for the next 5-6 seasons minimim. People just have no patience.

This team is younger than most rebuilding teams. Carolina, Columbus, and NYR are the only younger rosters and none of them made the 2nd round of the playoffs this year.

Lou's mistakes are all cleaned up, Dubas actually has some flexibility this offseason, lets see what he does with it.
I fully remember us destroying a Senators club like that four times with nasty,gritty decent players and a few really good ones. Skill/ finesse and reg season points don’t cut it. Stats don’t either. Patience does cut it for sure and this is a young incomplete team. Still developing

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
I fully remember us destroying a Senators club like that four times with nasty,gritty decent players and a few really good ones. Skill/ finesse and reg season points don’t cut it. Stats don’t either. Patience does cut it for sure and this is a young incomplete team. Still developing
Different times though. We had the high end skilled guys like Sundin/Kaberle/Mogilny, but we were also able to overpay good veteran played to fill those gritty roles. It would be like being able to give Lucic/Okposo/Ladd their FA contracts and not having to worry about them falling off the cliff, if they did you just signed somebody else.

Even then we still only made it to 2 conference finals in a 10 year period.

I'm all for adding gritty players, but they have to be able to play a top 4 role like Muzzin and drive the puck the other way, or play in your top 3 LW slots.

cesareborgia

Jun 9, 2010
Lol at the window being closed.

Your two best players are 22 and 23. Probably trade them for some 20 year olds.
Would do it in a heartbeat if said 20 year olds are similar skill wise but not incredibly selfish, entitled, ignorant, apathetic and greedy like our guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad