GDT: Maple Leafs vs Capitals

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Dubas took a risk on injury prone Mrazek. It's a total bust. Freddie ain't great but he's not a .900 goalie either.

It's a huge risk to rely upon Campbell to carry us through the playoffs.

And if he goes down we are done like dinner.
Freddy struggled the last 2 seasons but he was a bonifide #1. Soup made the decision to let Freddy walk look like the right one early in the season but it is a fail unless Soup returns to all star starter.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC

I'm tired

I don't mind it. Caps are a bigger physical team, if Cliffy and Wayne can bring a simple game where they hit, forecheck and NOT take dumb penalties, it should play out fine. Spezz has been spinning his wheels lately, needs time off before the playoffs, as I do expect him to be one of the guys starting on the 4th line in game 1.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

Not surprised at this.

Gio-Lilly just so good together, and Muzz-Brodie was very good too. Those will likely be the tougher usage pairings.

Boosh plays with Mo but likely replaced on most every o-zone start by Lilly or Brodie so probably gets the fewest minutes.

Most interesting thing to me is which guys get the PK time tonight. All 6 have played a good amount of PK, though Boosh has been a bit of a disaster on the PK for us.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I missed the last game cause of work, guess I didn't really miss much though. Hoping for a better result tonight, any update on Soup ? Matthews getting 60 vs OV would be epic.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto

Not surprised at this.

Gio-Lilly just so good together, and Muzz-Brodie was very good too. Those will likely be the tougher usage pairings.

Boosh plays with Mo but likely replaced on most every o-zone start by Lilly or Brodie so probably gets the fewest minutes.

Most interesting thing to me is which guys get the PK time tonight. All 6 have played a good amount of PK, though Boosh has been a bit of a disaster on the PK for us.

THANK YOU KEEFE. This is perfect.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Holl went from protected in the expansion draft :loony: to #7 healthy scratch now and Leafs are better for it. 👍
He's honestly not a bad player, he's just been passed on the depth chart. I believe he's a good 4/5 D Man.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
I don't mind it. Caps are a bigger physical team, if Cliffy and Wayne can bring a simple game where they hit, forecheck and NOT take dumb penalties, it should play out fine. Spezz has been spinning his wheels lately, needs time off before the playoffs, as I do expect him to be one of the guys starting on the 4th line in game 1.
Yeah sire, they gangsta. The capitals too, they play real hehard. Hitting peeps and dirt. Tough monks. We finna hit ours too tonight. Some human beings, might get injured, period.

Reactions: al secord

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC

Not surprised at this.

Oh!! Sweet jesus... finally.
Thank you.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
We have to hope :crossfing: that Campbell does not get injured down the stretch.
That’s Dubas’ bet and the reasonable thought seems to be that it’ll turn out to be a bad one.

I know he tried to remedy the situation and failed but that shouldn’t be good enough for any fan.

Reactions: Racer88

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I've said this a million times this season but it would sure be nice to have Jared McCann for another option at center this season or even another winger. Seems like he'd have great chemistry with Willy.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Holl went from protected in the expansion draft :loony: to #7 healthy scratch now and Leafs are better for it. 👍

Yep, I am sure you are pointing this out to show how good Dubas has been at constructing this D that a #4 on this team last year is now a healthy scratch.

Reactions: Morbo

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
So how come they've never tried Holl with Rielly?

From what you read about him on here he seems like he'd be the perfect Hainsey type fill in to let Rielly play his game.
Hainsey and Lub stop da cycle and clear da net front .. Holl just doesn't do those key jobs for Rielly (who can't) .. Holl and Rielly would be an unmitigated disaster from a defensive perspective

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
A #4 defenseman at a good cost that was justifiably protected at the expansion draft now doesn't have a guaranteed spot on our defense, because we took a defense that was already top-5 and stacked it further. Surely anybody that subscribes to the myth that "defense wins championships" must love Dubas.

Reactions: thinkblue
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad