GDT: Maple Leafs vs Capitals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Yes yes y'all! This is it y'all! Reward the crowd y'all! :clap: Get it back y'all! ✊ ✊ And be GANGSTA WITH IT.

We lost to the buffalo sabres, now we'll get it back against these old fools. They ain't like us, they aaaaight, they cool, but they ain'ts toronto maple leafs. We have it all now :clap: Lets see and interesthang to see whom plays in gezoal for us, and what are the lines. Not much changes I see, some, but it'll be aaaaight.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Campbell looks to be back in net. I expect a much better effort from the Leafs.

Capitals aren't messing around lately. They've been playing very well.

Should be a good tilt.

Be nice to see Matty get 2 for 60 against the great 8.

It's a nice tune up against another playoff team. I think they will be up for this one.

Reactions: Burnie97

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
part of me wonders.... if we had held on to Freddie and he had the same season he is having with the Canes with us; I'd be so much at ease heading into playoffs. Oh well....
Thats hindsight. Some of the losses Freddy has had this season and the goals allowed, they were what he allowed here. Good on him for the season but he needs to prove it in the playoffs.

Reactions: Brad C and Zacman

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
Important game for both teams. Caps can still catch the Pens for 3rd place; we want to keep our spot in 2nd place, obviously. Just don't make -- "setting up AM34 to get his 60 goals", as part of the game plan and they should be ok.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
After quickly checking the standings... yup, the Caps are a playoff team so we should at least get a full effort tomorrow.

Assume Jack back in net. Dunno what they do with that fourth line... it's a bit in shambles with no clear answer.

If Muzzin is back, it should be Holl's turn to take a seat (please).

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
part of me wonders.... if we had held on to Freddie and he had the same season he is having with the Canes with us; I'd be so much at ease heading into playoffs. Oh well....

Part of me is convinced that if Freddie was still here, he wouldn't be having the same season he is with Carolina.

That ship sailed long before his contract expired.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Hard to say really. Right now the Leafs are 19th in GA / GP. Ideally the Leafs should be around 10-15th, but goaltending is kinda making our GA/GP worse than it should be, I think Freddy could maybe have us there.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

Freddy is still letting in soft goals, at inopportune times. The Canes are better defensively than us, so it covers it up mostly. Come the playoffs, it will once again be exposed.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Freddy is still letting in soft goals, at inopportune times. The Canes are better defensively than us, so it covers it up mostly. Come the playoffs, it will once again be exposed.
The Canes defense isn't better than ours though. Our goaltending has just been that horrendous.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Dubas took a risk on injury prone Mrazek. It's a total bust. Freddie ain't great but he's not a .900 goalie either.

It's a huge risk to rely upon Campbell to carry us through the playoffs.

And if he goes down we are done like dinner.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
Dubas took a risk on injury prone Mrazek. It's a total bust. Freddie ain't great but he's not a .900 goalie either.

It's a huge risk to rely upon Campbell to carry us through the playoffs.

And if he goes down we are done like dinner.

No that you got that out of your system, are you feeling better?

Reactions: Lauro and kerk

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
To win in the playoffs, you need to get hot goaltending. I realize this is not groundbreaking analysis.

Campbell has shown the ability to get hot and sustain a high level of play for an extended period. So we know he can do it. He's our best and really only hope in net.

Campbell has also had difficulty staying healthy and we know he can be shaky for prolonged periods, especially when playing at less than 100%. So the downside is there.

I would feel better if we had a more reliable backup plan than Kallgren/Hutchinson/Mrazek--and I'm sure Dubas probably feels the same. We can only assume the costs at the TDL to acquire goaltending depth were prohibitive. Rright now I feel ok that Dubas didn't spend assets on an option that may or may not be an upgrade on Jack.

To use a timely Easter image, our eggs are all in the Jack basket, which is a huge gamble. But I also have faith that he can rise to the occasion and am rooting for him. Only time will tell...

Reactions: crump

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
To win in the playoffs, you need to get hot goaltending. I realize this is not groundbreaking analysis.

Campbell has shown the ability to get hot and sustain a high level of play for an extended period. So we know he can do it. He's our best and really only hope in net.

Campbell has also had difficulty staying healthy and we know he can be shaky for prolonged periods, especially when playing at less than 100%. So the downside is there.

I would feel better if we had a more reliable backup plan than Kallgren/Hutchinson/Mrazek--and I'm sure Dubas probably feels the same. We can only assume the costs at the TDL to acquire goaltending depth were prohibitive. Rright now I feel ok that Dubas didn't spend assets on an option that may or may not be an upgrade on Jack.

To use a timely Easter image, our eggs are all in the Jack basket, which is a huge gamble. But I also have faith that he can rise to the occasion and am rooting for him. Only time will tell...
They’ll still play tonight though.

We know Dubas messed up but that doesn’t really effect tonight

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
AM vs OV

Shootout at the OK Corral with 2 of the best goal scorers in the game going head to head.

The changing of the guard from the old Rocket Richard regular champ to the new wave one now taking Toronto by storm.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
We have to hope :crossfing: that Campbell does not get injured down the stretch.

I'd think all teams hope their starter doesn't get injured.

Can't think of a single team doing as well with their backups as their starter, except maybe Florida because their starter is a 10 million dollar sub .900 goalie in the playoffs.

D00bis

Jan 15, 2019
I’d only feel better with Freddie if we had canes defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad