Post-Game Talk: Maple Leafs vs Boston Bruins 7 PM CBC

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Kadri is somewhat of a diver... what is most impressive for him though, is that he is so good at faking it... the refs can't even call him for it.

In all seriousness, he seemed to dive into the boards head first at the end there... and despite acting all shook up, he finished the play, threw a big hit and got into a wrestling match.

That aside though, Kadri still tries to do to much, multiple times he tried to deke 3 guys when the best play was to dump the puck in and let his teammates pursue it.

I don't really like how he doesn't shave either... it is a stupid rule, but Polak, bernier and Komarov abided by it, it looks pretty bad when the kid doesn't. Not because he should, but with him doing it, and getting away with it, it doesn't bode well for the "rules" and team first aspect.

I'd be ok with moving him, so long as the return was right.

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
This has less to do with Kadri and more to do with the fact that we've been getting the **** end of reffing ever since Babs called out the refs.

Hate to see it when teams fighting for playoff spots but if refs favouring the American teams helps the Canadian tank corps. They cheated in other sports events such as the Olympics so it should come as no surprise if true.

Last edited:

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Kadri is somewhat of a diver... what is most impressive for him though, is that he is so good at faking it... the refs can't even call him for it.

In all seriousness, he seemed to dive into the boards head first at the end there... and despite acting all shook up, he finished the play, threw a big hit and got into a wrestling match.

That aside though, Kadri still tries to do to much, multiple times he tried to deke 3 guys when the best play was to dump the puck in and let his teammates pursue it.

I don't really like how he doesn't shave either... it is a stupid rule, but Polak, bernier and Komarov abided by it, it looks pretty bad when the kid doesn't. Not because he should, but with him doing it, and getting away with it, it doesn't bode well for the "rules" and team first aspect.

Was this ever confirmed as a rule? Doesn't sound like it given a number of players have had beards/facial hair throughout the year.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Its pretty cool ain't it?

NO one can accuse MLSE of not spending money now. The are pouring money into this situation.

The only cynical part of me is wondering, is this largesse because there is a franchise going to Markham in the near future?

Had to ask? Never seen MLSE spend like they have the last two seasons.

I know Tanenbaum most likely has so much money, he may have gotten that it would be nice at his wake to talk about a Stanely Cup. People get that around that age, don't they?
Leafs are the key to Rogers profiting from their NHL TV deal

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
I love how Kadri protects the puck. I think the kid would be devastated if he was moved, I think he sees a guy he wants to play for in Babcock. If he puts in a true NHL summer, I think Babcock will step in and want him around.

Guy just has a compete going now, that would be sorely missed. You better get something good for him. If you move him.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Yet they are still treated like **** by Bettman and his cronies. Killing the goose who lays the golden eggs for the rest of the NHL.
Doesn't really impact the NHL at all

Rogers is paying them for the next 12 years regardless

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
I don't really like how he doesn't shave either...
well i mean shaving is just a sort of roman empire kind of mindset that they introduced

unfortunately our society is based off a lot of pagan foolish rituals that don't have any merit have what

shaving makes us look more "presentable" ?
okay so go put on some foundation on your face if you like
maybe some lip gloss as well

shaving is actually not good for the body, whether be soreness or rashes can cause a lot of problems
so

i mean go ahead enjoy your smooth skin

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
Hahahahahahah Babcock, man you gotta love him. Think of this year like an accountant. He got rid of Phanooof, by boasting him up. Constantly. Now he boasting up Kadri. You just gotta know Kadri is gone at the draft by this trumping.

Babcock is a TRUMP that is actually elected and allowed to operate. I wonder if Cherry likes him, he is a 2016 Boston Bruins Cherry, getting echlers ready to go head first in the boards. Much more elite than Cherry ever was, but there is Cherry about him .

Lot more pain, Leafs looked lost out there tonight, I thought Bruins really brought it, and for once, someone, researched the way we play, and 'played it".

Not to see Julien actually take our team serious. Kudos to Boston.

Amazing, we lose a game and NO comments. Very much a social media phenomenon. Love it.

headwire

Jan 25, 2012
Toronto
well i mean shaving is just a sort of roman empire kind of mindset that they introduced

unfortunately our society is based off a lot of pagan foolish rituals that don't have any merit have what

shaving is actually not good for the body, whether be soreness or rashes can cause a lot of problems
so

This is probably my second favourite post on hfboards.

My favourite is the announcement of the David Clarkson trade, but it's pretty close.

StevieBlunder

Jun 17, 2015
Man does it ever feel good to like your coach. When were we last able to boast that? Quinn?

Good thing we like him we've got him for another 8 years lmao

RayNibbs

Mar 26, 2015
Toronto, ON

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

UnknownNasty

Oct 5, 2014
I was at the game and can indeed confirm that the refs were horrible. They screwed Kadri out of multiple calls, and the penalty on Parenteau was just... Wow.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
I love Kadri.....

He is a pain in the ass to play against and does not back down.....calling the hit he made at the end of the game a penalty is a joke.

He will be resigned for sure.

Babcock was right about the lack of calls against him.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory

He was clean shaven at the morning skate/meeting and that meets the rules.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach

so

When you're done, don't forget to smother your face with after shave containing god-knows-what chemicals. I hate shaving: it's a waste of water, a waste of time and damages your skin and the environment.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
He'll be the next Bozak. He'll do all the right things but will not be liked because he's not flashy.

I liked his all around game. He earned his spot

Hyman's pretty good at stripping the puck off of players. Add in his NHL-ready frame and commitment to two-way hockey, and you have a good NHL player on your hands.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
We lost a game, kids were pushed off the puck, no discussion, perfect social media. Now watch Babcock correct them all and make the board go viral next game. Rinse, and repeat.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Love the newbs who are Scared to post a real response because it will reveal how little they know about hockey... It's cute.

I don't like the clean shaven rule (as stated in the post) but let's give a different example.... You work for a construction company. That company says, only blue coloured hard hats, and one guy shows up wearing a grey one... It doesn't bode well for any structure or leadership your trying to establish.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
All this trade Kadri nonsense needs to ****in stop, he is our top forward for gads sake

Stop trying to find a whipping boy for the sake of it

Sign him for 6 years 5 Millions per year and everybody is happy except the blind haters

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
So the Bruins just faced some hard teams then.

They also play better on the road, and they have that bewitching feeling on our club, though I don't know why.

Florida ho...

Celly Hard

Nov 5, 2013
Ontario

I'd be ok with moving him, so long as the return was right.[/QUOTE]

Some of us grow beards alot quicker than others, especially those with middle eastern/Indian backgrounds. Just because it takes you alot longer to grow your beard doesn't mean kadri is going to be baby faced everytime you look at him.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Love the newbs who are Scared to post a real response because it will reveal how little they know about hockey... It's cute.

I don't like the clean shaven rule (as stated in the post) but let's give a different example.... You work for a construction company. That company says, only blue coloured hard hats, and one guy shows up wearing a grey one... It doesn't bode well for any structure or leadership your trying to establish.
Then the person who wears the grey gets sent home and disciplined. Haven't heard anything about Kadri breaking team rules, so I doubt management feels it is an issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad