Post-Game Talk: Maple Leafs vs Boston Bruins 7 PM CBC

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006

Maple Leafs-Boston Bruins: Saturday game preview

Boston lost 4-1 to Florida Thursday. It was the team’s fifth straight loss, and one that puts them in jeopardy of missing the playoffs.

Puck drop: 7 p.m.

TV: CBC

Radio: TSN Radio 1050 Toronto

Key matchup:William Nylander vs. Zdeno Chara.

The Maple Leafs rookie will face the NHL’s King Kong defenceman for the first time, and it should be interesting to see how the young, speedy 19-year-old handles the veteran, because Chara will be tough physically.

Struggling: Boston lost 4-1 to Florida Thursday. It was the team’s fifth straight loss, and one that puts them in jeopardy of missing the playoffs. Boston, which was in first place in the Metro Division two weeks ago, is now just a point up on Detroit for third. The team suffered a similar collapse late in the season last season and missed the playoffs. It’s especially hard on head coach Claude Julien, who was feted prior to the Florida game for setting a franchise record with his 388th win. But with nine seasons behind the bench and the threat of a second consecutive season outside the playoffs, fans and critics are putting him on the hot seat.

Offensive numbers: Goal scoring and the powerplay have been issues for the Bruins over the skid. One of the highest-scoring teams in the NHL, Boston has scored just six times in their past five games. The top three players in team scoring have been quiet: Patrice Bergeron, no goals in his last eight games; Loui Eriksson, one goal in his last five games; and Brad Marchand, no goals in his last seven.

Come on up: To shake things up, Boston recalled forward Frank Vatrano from Providence of the AHL. Vatrano had a goal against the New York Rangers on Wednesday. He is among the league leaders in the AHL, with 33 goals.

Up next: March 28, at Tampa, 7:30 p.m., Sportsnet

SICK BAY

LEAFS -- F Leo Komarov (lower body), F Peter Holland (upper body), F Nikita Soshnikov (upper body), D Matt Hunwick (sports hernia), F James van Riemsdyk (foot), F Joffrey Lupul (sports hernia), F Byron Froese (hand), D Stephane Robidas (knee), D Viktor Loov (upper body).

BRUINS -- F Chris Kelly (leg), D John-Michael Liles (lower body).

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Assuming it's MegaJon in net tonight. Then again, if we're looking to tank Sparks is your man.

Game Day: Bruins at Maple Leafs

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/03/25/game-day-bruins-at-maple-leafs

Bernier in goal

Jonathan Bernier returns to the net after backing up on Thursday, looking to build off a recent spate that has seen him post a .920 save percentage or better in his past four starts. It's expected one-time Leafs prospect Tuukka Rask will counter. Rask is 14-3-2 in 21 games with a .934 save percentage versus Toronto.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Thanks to Budsfan for the GDT & Updates.... and Happy Easter to those of you who celebrate it..

Leafs Resurrection: Toronto vs Boston 6-1 Blowout - TML 2014-15

GO LEAFS GO !!

SEER

Sep 21, 2015

What should Leafs do next year? And what's this about 'loaning' players to Marlies? https://t.co/wQhU7Gauwd via @torontostar

— Kevin McGran (@kevin_mcgran) March 26, 2016

---------------

Well, Kevin..., it's like this:

If I loan you a five dollar bill, or my lawnmower.., that means that I expect a five dollar bill, or my lawnmower
back at some point...

This means you can't claim either of them as your own..., nor can anyone else claim either one, as their own.. :laugh:

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Congrats to Brownie, with his 1st NHL Goal..! :handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

Gotta See It: Brown scores first NHL goal

TML Rescuer: Connor Brown 2014-15 Goal Highlights - TML

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Congrats to Corrado.., with his 1st Leafs goal..! :handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

Frankie Goes To Toronto: Frankie Corrado Montage - TML 2015-16

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
If any team can stop the Leafs winning streak it's the Bruins.

Leafs have been playing great lately though, tons of confidence.

Think this game will be a loss but I said that the last two games now.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Will be at the game tonight. In a weird way, this is a tough match up for the B's. They need the win but are playing a Leafs team who has been playing well but can also play loose. B's have had a better year then I would have thought after last summer's sell offs. I really want Mathews but can't be part of tank nation tonight. Go young buds.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Boston doesn't stand a chance :laugh:.

I'm sure there will be some desperation. They are actually playing Rask for this one. They need the wins badly to hold their position, but who knows if they can.

This is a Leafs team that will give them a tough game. Honestly I think we roll over them and contribute to them missing the playoffs.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Do we play spoiler again? Let me know ahead of time so I can put $2 on them losing in bodog and then watch as they win which is what usually happens.

I swear we'd have that Presidents Trophy all wrapped up by now with the luck I have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad