Confirmed with Link: Maple Leafs To Sign D Calle Rosen

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
If the Leafs signed both Swedish defensemen, then it might be safe to assume both Hunwick and Polak are gone?

I can't see the two of them being interested in signing in Toronto only to get the Marincin and Corrado treatment.

Rielly, Gardiner, Zaitsev are locks.

That leaves 3 spots for Carrick, Rosen, Holm. That is unless one of Polak or Hunwick are retained. I could see Polak brought back again, as he's a big RH shot and can clear the crease. He'd be again the only physical force on our blue line/and appears to be ok with short term contracts. However I know that Hunwick is Babcocks Hyman on Defense.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Marchenko and Marincin as both seem to not be in Babcocks favour/but both have one year 1.25-1.4m remaining ish.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Holm is good. Big, strong and physical. Very smart and calm with the puck. He joins the rush aswell.

Holm and Rosen are a pairing in SHL and in national team aswell, would be kind of ironic if leafs signs both of them and play them together...i do think they would be a very good 3rd pairing in NHL...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad