Confirmed with Link: Maple Leafs To Sign D Calle Rosen

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
huh...was just reading the other thread speculating he would sign with the Leafs and here he is

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Holy crap!

The next Borje Salming!

Let's hope.

Doesn't seem fair. Before the Maple Leafs used to use their $$$ to buy players in the era without the salary cap.

Nowadays it is done through "soft power", such as the lure of big city life in a nice metropolitan locale such as Toronto.

Rumours had it that Babcock was about to go to Buffalo, but his wife preferred life in Yorkville and to shop at Holt Renfrew & Whole Foods Inc.

Imagine that. They add the players via the draft, then they poach players via the free agency route in Europe with soft power.

That's why they hate Toronto, and always will.

Go Leafs Go!
Go Leafs Go!
Go Leafs Go!

:handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Rumours had it that Babcock was about to go to Buffalo, but his wife preferred life in Yorkville and to shop at Holt Renfrew & Whole Foods Inc.

Whole Foods is pretty sweet though.

When I can shop there every week, I'll know I've made it in life.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Ha take that Chicago!

Tbh I'm a bit dubious of dmen from the SHL. For us in Colorado, the last couple didn't work out very well (Lindstorm and Holos) but hopefully with a good system, he'll do fine.

I'm guessing he's expected to fill a bottom pairing role. I do have to admit that my own preference was for one of the youngsters like Demott to fill in that role next season and for an actual top 4 dman to be acquired by trade but oh well, free asset so I won't complain.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
obviously a lot of the lower-minute guys we tried to play being crap means some new blood on the bottom end of the defence would be beneficial.

Marchenko, Marincin, etc. can't be brought back. they just can't do the job at this level.

Svanstrom

Oct 26, 2013
Lund, Sweden
Late bloomer. I like what I've seen from him. Been the best D among the EU skaters and still have a good chance on making the Swedish WC team too. Obviously and probably, we wont see much ice time from him if he makes the cut tho...

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Ha take that Chicago!

Tbh I'm a bit dubious of dmen from the SHL. For us in Colorado, the last couple didn't work out very well (Lindstorm and Holos) but hopefully with a good system, he'll do fine.

I'm guessing he's expected to fill a bottom pairing role. I do have to admit that my own preference was for one of the youngsters like Demott to fill in that role next season and for an actual top 4 dman to be acquired by trade but oh well, free asset so I won't complain.

Probably replacing Hunwick in the third pairing.

I said all year we are 3 defenders and 3 forwards away from being a good team.

Its hard to get a good read on Calle but from the bits and pieces that I've read online he is more offence than Zaits but not as a complete 2 way as Zaits.

Thursday night Calle played bottom pairing on the Swedish National team at the Worlds behind Hedman-Klingberg, Stalman-Ekman-Larsson, Rosen-Helm

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
three forwards away from being a good team??????????
What, you need an All Star at every forward spot?

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Probably replacing Hunwick in the third pairing.

I said all year we are 3 defenders and 3 forwards away from being a good team.

Its hard to get a good read on Calle but from the bits and pieces that I've read online he is more offence than Zaits but not as a complete 2 way as Zaits.

Thursday night Calle played bottom pairing on the Swedish National team at the Worlds behind Hedman-Klingberg, Stalman-Ekman-Larsson, Rosen-Helm

IMO we are already a good team. We are just maybe a couple pieces away from being a great team but it will take some time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad