Confirmed with Link: Maple Leafs To Sign D Calle Rosen

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Soshnikov Zaitsev are from the new group.

Wallin Frogren Rynnas are from the old group.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
im sure the leafs like his skating and skills, but he needs 5-10 pounds of muscle this summer...175-180 is light for an nhl Dman

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Marlies 17/18 D-Core

Dermott - Holl
Rosen - Nielsen
Valiev - Lindgren
ex. Desrocher

I think he ll look a lot like zaitsev at the WHC power play minutes ,black hawks liked him too ,they no a bit about replacing parts ,I mean its not eric karlson ,we need a reliable player ,eat some minutes ,move the puck ,I'm sure his every movement will be scrutinized now hes becoming leaf property ,but there are lots more players coming with 2 -5 years hockey experience that ll be NHL .players soon ,I'm glad the leafs are getting deep enuff to sign player to AHL contracts ,the internal pressure to perform and play the rigfht way is outstanding :yo::yo::yo::yo:

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Marlies 17/18 D-Core

Dermott - Holl
Rosen - Nielsen
Valiev - Lindgren
ex. Desrocher

Dermott is seriously too good to not be in the NHL next year at some point. They might not start him with the Leafs depending on who we sign but he will end up there before 2018.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Marlies 17/18 D-Core

Dermott - Holl
Rosen - Nielsen
Valiev - Lindgren
ex. Desrocher
Yeah, Nielsen played the right side in junior iirc.

Committing him to that side changes the look on the R nicely.

And Dermott's arrival sounds like it's projecting to late '18-19, nicely. Easy to envision a LD added for a year to buy him that time and maybe smooth things out for Carrick.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Dermott is seriously too good to not be in the NHL next year at some point. They might not start him with the Leafs depending on who we sign but he will end up there before 2018.

I think he'll be on the Marlies to start. If he has a great camp and keeps going strong with the Marlies, he'll be called up when there's an opportunity and then if he keeps playing well he'll stay up. Similar to Kapanen I guess.

He did have a really good camp this season and was among the last cuts.

catgoldfish

Nov 15, 2004
British Columbia
A few us in here think Jake is terrible so, I mean, it really is in the eye of the beholder.

I'm one of them Don't like his loosey goosey play. Not aggressive and makes horrid plays that costs us goals in tight games. Just keep Rielly, Zaitsev and Polak. The rest of the Leafs D can take a hike.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I think he'll be on the Marlies to start. If he has a great camp and keeps going strong with the Marlies, he'll be called up when there's an opportunity and then if he keeps playing well he'll stay up. Similar to Kapanen I guess.

He did have a really good camp this season and was among the last cuts.

Yes true - until and unless he had extra ordinary camp and preseason, he is going to start with Marlies for now. His destination is NHL at some point

Animal

Oct 10, 2012
No one said anything about a franchise cornerstone.

......you clearly missed my point.

You said the fact that he made Sweden's World Championship team is enough reason to think he's a good player. By that logic, Granberg must be good too, since he made it as a 21 year old

Ropesman

May 1, 2016
Charlottetown
I love this move.

Everything i have read points to him being a great puck mover. If he can be a solid bottom pairing guy defensively while be a great puck mover then this is a win for us. All year our bottom pairing struggled with moving the puck, hopefully this can address that.

I assume he starts with the Marlies to adjust to the smaller ice, but who knows maybe he pleasantly surprises us.

highslot

Jul 10, 2012
sounds like an upgrade over hunwick, marincin and carrick in the bottom.

with

reilly-zaitsev
gardiner-rosen
dermott-polak,

that looks a lot better imo.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
This management group seems to pick and choose a little more wisely when it comes to free wallets. Unlike Burke who wanted every mediocre free agent he could get his hands on... frogren, wallin, Hanson, mueller, the bus, Swedish rapper goalie... etc.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Yeah, Nielsen played the right side in junior iirc.

Committing him to that side changes the look on the R nicely.

And Dermott's arrival sounds like it's projecting to late '18-19, nicely. Easy to envision a LD added for a year to buy him that time and maybe smooth things out for Carrick.

I'm pretty sure nielsen played left side in jr
Like 93% sure, but just going from memory.

Animal

Oct 10, 2012
This management group seems to pick and choose a little more wisely when it comes to free wallets. Unlike Burke who wanted every mediocre free agent he could get his hands on... frogren, wallin, Hanson, mueller, the bus, Swedish rapper goalie... etc.

Yes agreed, and seems like they don't hesitate to let them go if they don't turn out as expected (Casey Bailey)

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
I'm one of them Don't like his loosey goosey play. Not aggressive and makes horrid plays that costs us goals in tight games. Just keep Rielly, Zaitsev and Polak. The rest of the Leafs D can take a hike.

The good Jake is great to watch, drives play, controls breakouts the bad Jake encapsulates visually everything that kept the leafs out of the playoffs for the last century ..:sarcasm:

I bet he'd be a great bottom pairing Dman. :D

New Leaf

Oct 16, 2008
I love how Gardiner was scored on the least among Leafs d-men and people still **** all over him

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Our left side:

Gardiner
Rielly
Hunwick
Marincin/Dermott/Rosen

Up to one of this three to steal a spot. Hunwick needs to be brought back for veteran presence and he is another level above those three below him right now.

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
I love how Gardiner was scored on the least among Leafs d-men and people still **** all over him

People are dumb.

He was legit used as a shutdown dman from early march on because Rielly couldn't do it. What happens? We go on a tear and take the Caps to 6.

He's a very good defenseman.

Ropesman

May 1, 2016
Charlottetown
People are dumb.

He was legit used as a shutdown dman from early march on because Rielly couldn't do it. What happens? We go on a tear and take the Caps to 6.

He's a very good defenseman.

Agreed.

Does he make some bone head plays? Of course that is the cost of having a player who can make those plays that others cannot. Sometimes they fail.

Some of the subtle plays he makes to avoid pressure and reverse the play are just beautiful to watch. Such a great skater who puts little to no effort into his stride.

The brain farts are definitely becoming more and more rare ever since Babcock showed up. I have 0 issue with keeping Gardiner for the next 5-7 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad