Confirmed with Link: Maple Leafs sign G Joseph Woll to 3-year entry-level contract (will report to Leafs, not Marlies)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Maybe the best post on HF!

@The CyNick - So what is your actual view on this trade? Are you an overly pessimistic person who can never be happy or are you a troll?

My position is consistent. I wanted Kessel off the team. At the time I was happy that happened. Very happy.

Upon receiving more information about what was happening at the time, I feel like the trade could have been better. The Dion trade changed how I viewed the trade. When you see Lou trade a far less valuable asset, retain 0 and still get back serviceable assets it makes you dig into what happened. Which I did.

To this day if you said you could either have Kessel or take the return we got including the retention, I would rather not have Kessel. But that doesn't mean it was a homerun deal. And the fact that Leafs ownership rushed the young GM out of the spot tells you they weren't happy either.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Step 1. Think about the bolded statement.

Step 2. Now think about your myriad of posts criticizing the return Dubas got. (Top prospect, B prospect, 1st, 3rd, roster player included in deadline deal for more picks)

Step 3. Reconcile those opinions as coming from an intellectually honest and consistent person worthy of being listened to.

Step 4. Fail at step 3.

Have you ever bought a car, been really excited about it, then six months later after learning more about the car you are less enthused than the day you bought the car?

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I think Z is tradeable if you add a nice offensive piece like Johnsson. And return could be a younger RHD who is borderline 2nd pairing or a third pairing. Lets face it we can't agree with Johnsson on CAP because we screwed up with Willy, Matty and you know Mitch is coming too. So lets get something we need like a decent RHD who can help with CAP at 4M per.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Have you ever bought a car, been really excited about it, then six months later after learning more about the car you are less enthused than the day you bought the car?

Yup.

But I've never been so down on a car that I was willing to give it a way for free, had someone else broker a deal that saw me get compensated pretty decently for it, then turned around and shot my mouth off at every opportunity about how the guy who brokered the deal that made me money for something I would have given away for free did a terrible job.

We also ate more money and got considerably less return for Phaneuf. Lou did a nice job finding a dance partner that kept the money off the cap but it was not a night and day better trade

Last edited:

Albi34

Feb 14, 2010
My position is consistent. I wanted Kessel off the team. At the time I was happy that happened. Very happy.

Upon receiving more information about what was happening at the time, I feel like the trade could have been better. The Dion trade changed how I viewed the trade. When you see Lou trade a far less valuable asset, retain 0 and still get back serviceable assets it makes you dig into what happened. Which I did.

To this day if you said you could either have Kessel or take the return we got including the retention, I would rather not have Kessel. But that doesn't mean it was a homerun deal. And the fact that Leafs ownership rushed the young GM out of the spot tells you they weren't happy either.
1. The kessel deal was fine. I dont think we have andersen without it. (and obviously kap) If you have a source proving he could have gotten something better then have at it.
2. You pinpoint this all on dubas yet I guarantee it was a decision by committee. I already showed you the quote regarding Hunter and Shanny.
3. Rushed out of the spotlight...by being named full time GM? They really must have hated him.

Reactions: smitty10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad