Confirmed with Link: Maple Leafs sign F Dominic Moore (1 year, 1 million)

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
when and where did i say Babcock didn't like him? reread what I wrote. he's too slow for the style of games Babs likes to play
lay of the caffeine

Fine then.

Not signing Boyle had nothing to do with his ability or Babcock's style. If that was the case, they wouldn't have traded for him in the first place, because they knew what they were getting, and Babcock wouldn't have relied on him so much when he got him. The fourth line was excellent in the playoffs and did exactly what Babcock wanted. Was he too slow for him then? Boyle is exactly the kind of player Babcock wants. The reason Boyle won't be a Leaf next season is almost certainly because:

1. They weren't prepared to give him the contract he wanted, or
2. He didn't want to sign here.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Moore will do just fine. To the poster that asked if Nonis or Burke is running this team.

No they're not (Thank God) they both would have offered Moore 3 yr 9mill

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Moore will do just fine. To the poster that asked if Nonis or Burke is running this team.

Rumor had it that Moores days were numbered the minute Burke took over the team... due to the Steve Moore connection. Which is kinda understandable... I mean Brian Burke offered Steve Moore 3 contracts to play for Anaheim the year after he his career ending injurey caused by bertuzzi who played for Burke's then team Vancouver Canucks. Steve moores attorney said that Burke did it with the intentions of using it against Moore in court and didn't actually want to sign Moore to the contract. Burke of course said that wasn't true and wanted to help Moore continue his NHL career.

Regardless... with the history I wouldn't be so sure Burke would sign Dominic Moore.

Reddaye

Nov 1, 2011
New Brunswick
I was a bit bummed out to see that Boyle had walked instead of getting signed here to a short, reasonable deal. However, I'm pretty happy to have Moore back on the team, and feel he fits the role well enough. This is a solid addition for reasonable money and term. Moore has always been pretty reliable and hardworking. I enjoyed his last stint with the team (one of the few enjoyable things from that era).

This is a fine stop gap at 4C.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Pominville back to Buffalo, Sharp back to Chicago, Moore back to Toronto.

2008 called and wanted to know if teams want to turn the clock back 8 years also, as it appears teams are entering some time warp phase here.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Terrible deal, he is worth no more than 975K, this will handcuff them for years to come. They won't be able to re-sign Matthews, Marner and Nylander, way to go Lou:amazed:

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Always liked Moore. Good to see him back on a cheap deal. Fits perfectly in that role and can PK.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Even at 37 years old Moore can give the Leafs 10-12 minutes a night centering a 4th line and killing penalties and taking some key defensive zone face-offs as needed.

Plan A likely was Freddy the goat to play this role but his serious injury last year and long recover process ahead made this move a unfortunate necessity as a stop gap measure.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
you would rather pay $1.55M more for a player who plays 10 mins a night? Moore was also better at FO this season which is the primary job during those 10mins of ice time

Honestly, I would have given Boyle that deal - though I'm pretty sure his icetime was closer to 15min than 10 (don't have the numbers in front of me.

Moore is fine - he's struggled the previous season or so but still a decent chance he can pull things together

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
At 1M for 1yr I can't complain about any deal. I actually like bringing in Moore and would prefer him as our 4th line center then a couple different options.

I'm gonna be that guy right now but again, bringing in Moore at 1M for 1 year again proves that you don't need to pay big money for a 'locker room leader' if thats what you want. Think about who Moore is and what he has been through and then try and say he wouldn't be a good leader.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Pominville back to Buffalo, Sharp back to Chicago, Moore back to Toronto.

2008 called and wanted to know if teams want to turn the clock back 8 years also, as it appears teams are entering some time warp phase here.

It isnt just hockey.

Fed and Rafa dominating tennis like 2008 as well

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

https://editorinleaf.com/2017/07/02/toronto-maple-leafs-centre/

Are you kidding me? Dominic Moore? Ugh! The Toronto Maple Leafs were rumoured to be in hot pursuit of NHL legend Joe Thornton and they ended up with Dominic Moore?

What a disappointment.

While Moore is cheaper than Boyle, he is also a worse player. The Leafs overspent on Hainsey, but they'd have been better off to do so with Boyle, in my opinion.

As you can see, Moore is below average at both offense and defense. Now, Ben Smith is garbage, and so is Fred Gauthier, so with Boyle leaving, the Toronto Maple Leafs didn't exactly have a lot of great options, but this is still disappointing. For those of you who like Gauthier, I am sorry. The fact the Leafs apparently feel Dominic Moore is better suited to this team than he is pretty much says it all as regards to his chances of ever skating a regular shift for the Leafs.

Other than adding another 36 year old vet, I fail to see what this accomplished. The Leafs are worse today than they were yesterday.

Go4soda

Dec 15, 2015

Actually, no.
Burke jettisoned Moore immediately after being hired by the leafs due to his vendetta with the Moore family over the bertuzzi incident.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Actually, no.
Burke jettisoned Moore immediately after being hired by the leafs due to his vendetta with the Moore family over the bertuzzi incident.

Source? Not saying you're wrong, but a conspiracy theory isn't necessary.

He wasn't immediately jettisoned. He played the year and was sold as veteran depth at the deadline when the Leafs were bad.

Go4soda

Dec 15, 2015
Source? Not saying you're wrong, but a conspiracy theory isn't necessary.

He wasn't immediately jettisoned. He played the year and was sold as veteran depth at the deadline when the Leafs were bad.

No proof here. Just thought is was common knowledge at the time.
I wouldn't call it conspiracy theory. It was still fresh, and in the news.
Also, by immediately, I meant he was shipped out that season.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
No proof here. Just thought is was common knowledge at the time.
I wouldn't call it conspiracy theory. It was still fresh, and in the news.
Also, by immediately, I meant he was shipped out that season.

I don't remember it and it sounds ridiculous. I'm no fan of Burke, but I'm pretty sure he's not a vindictive ****in' monster like that. That's kind of a big deal if it happened openly like you described.

Go4soda

Dec 15, 2015
I don't remember it and it sounds ridiculous. I'm no fan of Burke, but I'm pretty sure he's not a vindictive ****in' monster like that. That's kind of a big deal if it happened openly like you described.

Vindictive monster? It's not like he cornered Moore in a parking garage and knocked out his knee caps??
He was upset about how s. Moore(and family) handled the incident.( Making it a legal matter) and thus wasn't going to have Dominic play for him. Done. He didn't try to sabotage d. Moore' s career or anything.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Vindictive monster? It's not like he cornered Moore in a parking garage and knocked out his knee caps??
He was upset about how s. Moore(and family) handled the incident.( Making it a legal matter) and thus wasn't going to have Dominic play for him. Done. He didn't try to sabotage d. Moore' s career or anything.

So you're accusing Brian Burke of refusing to work with Moore and forcing him to move across the continent, in order to satisfy a vendetta against the family of someone who suffered a paralyzing injury at the hands of his employee, because they were upset by that.

... but you think that's kinda normal and not really a big deal?

Remind me to never work for you.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
1. We are not presently a legitimate Cup Contender

2. I call shenanigans and would ask to see your proof of this. I'm thinking the final four for the past ten years will suffice. I'll check your results in about 2 hours.

Read my post above. It took me all of 2 seconds to come up with Matt Cullen. Acquired by Pittsburgh, 2 years ago for their #4 centre role and they won the cup those 2 years.

The guy is talking bollocks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad