Confirmed with Link: Maple Leafs sign F Dominic Moore (1 year, 1 million)

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Every sucessfull cup contender the past oh 10 years has a 4th line C who has been part of there core for years. We lack one and need one badly!!

Matt Cullen was acquired by Pittsburgh, 2 years ago and he was their 4th line centre for their 2 cups. You're just wrong.

Also, Dennis Rasmussen, not only doesn't fit Babcock's theory of a 4th line centre being good in the dot (he's awful), he's also a complete garbage player. Most likely a career AHLer. Moore is 10 times the player he is. I'd also rather have Ben Smith (*shudders*) or Gauthier over Dennis "Garbage" Rasmussen.

Last edited:

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Looking the team's current forward depth chart, the team could be done at forward without a subtraction. There are 17 forwards listed at Capfriendly.

Subtract Lupul and Horton. That's 15. Subtract Smith and probably Fehr, that's 13 without Kapanen.

The Nic

Jul 26, 2009
I don't think the Goat will ever be ready. He's just not a good enough skater. He can't provide energy on the fourth line that Babs is looking for.

Moore at this age is still better at skating than a young Gauthier. Size can only take you so far. Gauthier is an AHL level player unless he significantly improves skating.

Do you watch the games at all... you're quoting a scouting report that's at least 4 years old. You can say that he's got bad hands... and you can say that he's not the most aggressive guy... but Goat is 6-7... about 250 lbs... and his skating is just fine.

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
Brian Boyle was good enough to make Matt Martin look good.
I dont know if Moore has that same gift.
But hey if Martin wasnt here, the NHL would let a pack of wolves on the ice in the first game all the rookies wouldnt survive, its practically the 1970s, itd be terror.

All sarcasm aside, i wouldve preferred to see Boyle back but Moore is definitely a good 4th line option, im glad they solved this issue early on in free agency.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Every sucessfull cup contender the past oh 10 years has a 4th line C who has been part of there core for years. We lack one and need one badly!!

1. We are not presently a legitimate Cup Contender

2. I call shenanigans and would ask to see your proof of this. I'm thinking the final four for the past ten years will suffice. I'll check your results in about 2 hours.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Do you watch the games at all... you're quoting a scouting report that's at least 4 years old. You can say that he's got bad hands... and you can say that he's not the most aggressive guy... but Goat is 6-7... about 250 lbs... and his skating is just fine.

He's also slow and doesn't play aggressive at all - if he hit everything that moved, his size would make a difference, but he doesn't.

Just hard to see where a guy like that slides into the lineup - not enough puck skills to play on a scoring line and doesn't have those extra aspects to his game to make him play in the 4th line.

If he had been a 5th round pick I doubt so many people would be penciling him into future lineups.

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
1. We are not presently a legitimate Cup Contender

2. I call shenanigans and would ask to see your proof of this. I'm thinking the final four for the past ten years will suffice. I'll check your results in about 2 hours.

1. Yes we are
2.???

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
1. Yes we are
2.???

1. I know a lot of you want to believe it because we managed to win 2 playoff games last year, but we aren't yet.

2. Read what I was quoting about the #4C 's being with teams for years and years.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
We just got better on D and fourth line again. Boyle was not good in the faceoffs, not good enough. Dom Moore is. He is also quicker than Boyle and can score a lil more than that. So we done got smarter and better. We arlight.

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
I'm not thrilled about it nor do I hate it.

WHich pretty much sums up my interest in the 4th line position.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
1. I know a lot of you want to believe it because we managed to win 2 playoff games last year, but we aren't yet.

2. Read what I was quoting about the #4C 's being with teams for years and years.

TBH i think we are still a bubble team, and could even miss but probably one of the better bubble teams so should still make it. But Philly just got a 2nd overall and their D got a year older, Tampa should have stammer healthy. We arent a contender.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Can't believe are complaining about Moore, he is at 1mil for 1 yr. You can't sign 4th liners cheaper than that. Even if Leafs use anyone on ELC contract, it is only 250k more.
It is a really solid signing, good speed, good at the dot, good PK, good character and a hometown boy who plays every shifts like his last. All for ONE mil, how can you get better than that.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Brian Boyle was good enough to make Matt Martin look good.
I dont know if Moore has that same gift.
But hey if Martin wasnt here, the NHL would let a pack of wolves on the ice in the first game all the rookies wouldnt survive, its practically the 1970s, itd be terror.

All sarcasm aside, i wouldve preferred to see Boyle back but Moore is definitely a good 4th line option, im glad they solved this issue early on in free agency.

you would rather pay $1.55M more for a player who plays 10 mins a night? Moore was also better at FO this season which is the primary job during those 10mins of ice time

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
Love this signing. I like him a little more than Boyle to be honest.
Y'all already know he better in the faceoffs, quicker on skates, and he done got the smartz. I know boyle is smart too, but he shady, akward at times, he lost a lot of faceoffs at times. Both can score, but Moore scores mo.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
The Toronto Maple Leafs announced today that the hockey club has signed free agent centre Dominic Moore to a one-year contract worth $1 million.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad