Confirmed with Link: Maple Leafs sign F Dominic Moore (1 year, 1 million)

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Good guy. Decent center. Cheap salary.

Check, check, and check.

Not overly impressed with this add, but he fits the bill nicely.

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
Next best option once we lost Boyle. Buys us time to figure out 4 spot. Not like we are going to win or lose based upon Moore being our 4th.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Next best option once we lost Boyle. Buys us time to figure out 4 spot. Not like we are going to win or lose based upon Moore being our 4th.

once i saw boyle got $2.55M, Moore became THE best option. We cant afford $6M our 4th line

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Lou will probably flip him at the deadline for picks

You think we go from buyers to sellers in a season?

Well, maybe you are on to something. Less than 2 seasons into scorched earth... we got a rental and gave up a draft pick.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Looks like some are just upset that non scorched earth blowed up in front of their faces.

Great idea by Shanny to do this scorched earth approach and its working out great.
With non role player like Kadri who is a core player with the big 3, its been terrific. Lets hope we continue to trade 2nd round picks now that we are looking to win.
Scorched earth successful

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
That certainly works. A nice short term solution to the fourth line center position. Gives time for Gauthier to fully recover and if nothing else can re-examine the situation later on.

Perfect. He's an expendable piece if Gauthier heals and then breaks through.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Perfect. He's an expendable piece if Gauthier heals and then breaks through.
Right.
Good fit imo, and iirc he's a bit of a burner. Makes the fourth line a different thing....two fast guys, two pests.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
i always liked moore as a 4th line C but there's a decent chance he's done as an effective player at his age. we'll see. no risk contract either way.

ickie*

Jun 18, 2017
he's got gas left in the tank and great hands. one of those guys that's got just a tad more skill than a lot of the competition he ends up playing against when opposing teams don't get too into matching lines and go head to head. dom moore against other teams' 4th lines is flat out more skilled than most of the personnel on them. great pk'er too. bruins probably would have kept him if not for having so many kids they want to inject this season. even as a not-everyday player he's good. good signing by you guys

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Pleased with this, especially the term. I hope it means they expect the Goat to be ready by the trade deadline or the beginning of 18/19...

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Pleased with this, especially the term. I hope it means they expect the Goat to be ready by the trade deadline or the beginning of 18/19...

I guess both Dom and Freddy are in the wait-and-see category this year, but at opposite ends of the rainbow.

Can Dominic still make it in the NHL?

Can Freddy make it in the NHL yet, or ever?

Just wait and see!

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Great 4th line centre for our team. I want my 4th line C to kill penalties, win faceoffs, hustle like a mofo, and hopefully be fast. He's all these things plus he's got some decent skill.

Excellent signing for 1 year at 1m

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Boyle not being signed has nothing to do with Babcock not liking him :facepalm:

when and where did i say Babcock didn't like him? reread what I wrote. he's too slow for the style of games Babs likes to play
lay of the caffeine

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
big thing against boyle i think was that he was nowhere near as good on faceoffs as they hoped.

moore is much better on draws.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
big thing against boyle i think was that he was nowhere near as good on faceoffs as they hoped.

moore is much better on draws.

Gonna miss boyles size, but I'd say Moore is an upgrade in almost all other areas. Looking forward to his spunk, great work ethic for the young guys to be around.

carko32

May 14, 2014
Slovenia
I like this signing. Was solid everywhere he played past few years, can win faceoffs. Plus cheap guy on 4th line, that is what I like.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad