GDT: Maple Leafs @ Sabres | 7PM - TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Optimist

Wendel and I
Feb 16, 2015
Ontario Canada
I have a feeling that this one could get ugly. The last thing that we need is a physical game against a bottom dwelling team, especially since we play them two more times after tonight. I wouldn't have minded seeing Martin in the lineup tonight to set the tone. We shall see.

Reactions: Cotton

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I have a feeling that this one could get ugly. The last thing that we need is a physical game against a bottom dwelling team, especially since we play them two more times after tonight. I wouldn't have minded seeing Martin in the lineup tonight to set the tone. We shall see.

So true, I've been thinking the same thing. Let's hope things stay calm.

Reactions: Optomist

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
It's nice having a backup you have 0 concerns about. He has be our best backup ever. Guys trying to pull a Tim Thomas back there.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015

Sucks that Johnsson is out.

We better at least get to see Martin make Risto pay. Could be a real chippy one tonight.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto

Sucks that Johnsson is out.

We better at least get to see Martin make Risto pay. Could be a real chippy one tonight.

That sucks for Johnsson. I thought he played a solid first game. No major mistakes, lots of hustle and a couple good defensive plays. I'm sure he will be back.

Reactions: AngryScotsman

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Wonder if Johnsson is out after that hit from last night. Could be precautionary.
I think it is more the last game in Buffalo got pretty emotional and chippy. I think a message is sent to Risto. Martin didn't like him whooping it up on the way to the box after he fought Kadri, and him trying to intimidate Kadri in the box saying how many more times they play probably didn't go over well with it all over the game highlights.

Reactions: Burnie97

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Honestly I thought it was a poor debut from Johnsson. He got smashed around real good anytime he was near the puck. And couldn't hold onto the puck when it was on his stick. He did show some gudpro tho.

Still more baffling to me is that after getting one of our best 4th line games all year on Saturday (Leivo/Kappy combine for key early goal to get us going after a bad start, then dominate possession all game long (65cf%/90xgf%), Babs decides he didn't like that.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
Since 1970, Leafs have played 107 games vs. Buffalo in the Sabres' arena.

They've won just 29 of them.

Why do people get their hopes up for these games in Buffalo... the result is almost always the same

Reactions: AnishLoomba

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Why do people get their hopes up for these games in Buffalo... the result is almost always the same
What happened in 1970 has no bearing on what will happen in 2018

Welsh Maple Leaf

Jan 9, 2017

What happened 5 years ago or 30 years ago doesn't really matter.

We should be winning now.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
What happened 5 years ago or 30 years ago doesn't really matter.

We should be winning now.
I will defend the theory to the death that we lose in Buffalo all the time because the arena is always 50-75% full Leaf fans making more noise than Sabres fans and it pisses the Sabres off seeing that, so they play their hearts out. Even when we were good in the early 2000's and the Sabres sucked we just couldn't win in that building so I don't expect it to really change honestly. Obviously still hoping for a win tonight however.

Reactions: La Masse

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
It's pretty clear Leivo will never be given a shot here under Babcock
I hate Babcock so much.

We've had some bad coaches over the years, but I've never disliked a coach as much as I do Babcock. I think he truly is that bad.

Our previous coaches haven't been good either... but they haven't had a lot to work with.

Just switching Leivo for Hyman would make our team so much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad