GDT: Maple Leafs @ Sabres | 7PM - TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
If McVezina and Sparks both played last night, why not give Pickard the start tonight?

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Sparks deserves a start based on his performance with the Marlies and we need to see where is as an NHL goalie. Perfect opportunity for it as well.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Sparks deserves a start based on his performance with the Marlies and we need to see where is as an NHL goalie. Perfect opportunity for it as well.
Tonight, please.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
In theory I agree, but andersen seems to be at his worst when he's cold
I agree, but usually most starting goalies get cold once they've been out a few games. Hopefully he's okay and can play a few games to get back into his groove for the start of the playoffs.

I know everyone including myself wants him to beat Raycroft's wins record here, and he is so close but it's not everything! His health is more important - hopefully they don't rush him back.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Don't see the Sabres getting 4 fluky bounces again! Lets run our 4 lines optimally and win this one! Hopin for the Panthers to hold off the B's tonight as well!

Babcock mentioned after the game McElhinney would start today. Maybe Sparky gets Saturday against the Habnots.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Tonight, please.

If he had not played last night I would say definitely and let McBackup start at home on Saturday night.

Then again, you have to reward McBackup for his play this year and treat him like a #1 until Freddy returns.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
If he had not played last night I would say definitely and let McBackup start at home on Saturday night.
My daughter and I are taking two Hab fans Saturday night.
Bad enough Matthews may not play, would be even worse if they don't start an NHL goalie.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Given our bad record in Sabresland, it's time to win an ugly, weird one in that building. Having both Matthews and Andersen out gives some others a chance to carry the team and starting Sparks would be just the thing to throw some unplanned weirdness into the game. Want to beat them handily tonight.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
My daughter and I are taking two Hab fans Saturday night.
Bad enough Matthews may not play, would be even worse if they don't start an NHL goalie.

well. if he plays in the NHL.... then they are starting an NHL goalie :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce