Confirmed with Link: Maple Leafs invite Rimouski Oceanic right winger Michael Joly to training camp

willshockey*

Hockey Inside Out is doing another "Bash the Leafs" weekend, I sure want to crash them Habs sites.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
Really interesting. Kinda a slap in the face to think a team wants you to go undrafted so they can pick you up for free after, imaginary draft pick mentality. Why not use our 7th on him then if he is still available is the question that comes to mind.

Because we can pick someone coming off their 17yr old season and have 2 years to watch them grow, like Joly would have been 2 years ago.

He didn't have a season to get him drafted after not being picked for 2 years, so there's very little risk that I can see.

If someone drafts him, we invite another of the dozens of unsigned overagers heading back to junior because they're under sized or poor skaters.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
According to TVA Sports, the Toronto Maple Leafs have invited undrafted 20 year old Rimouski Oceanic right winger Michael Joly to their training camp.

crop_967288_32_1411062722.png

Here is a French to English translation courtesy of Google Translate:

WOW google translate is painful...

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Literally zero downside to this. I'm assuming the kid is a sniper of some sort based on his stats?

Doug Gilmour

Oct 5, 2010
Because we can pick someone coming off their 17yr old season and have 2 years to watch them grow, like Joly would have been 2 years ago.

He didn't have a season to get him drafted after not being picked for 2 years, so there's very little risk that I can see.

If someone drafts him, we invite another of the dozens of unsigned overagers heading back to junior because they're under sized or poor skaters.

Nothing wrong with bringing him up to rookie camp and even main camp if he earned it. I wish him nothing but the best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad