Friedman: Maple Leafs deadline approach changing, now searching for both scorer and D man.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Liljegren was the Maple Leafs best defenseman tonight, despite playing only 16 minutes, essentially the same as Timmins. Liljegren contributed an assist, played the PK and even contributed to your favorite statistic the +/- leading the team as a +1.

*Maple Leafs win tight 2-1- defensive game against mediocre Nashville Predators team going 1/5 on the PP*

"I tOlD YoU tHeY nEeD tO adD a DeFeNsEmAn"

Odd post to say the least, after a very good defensive performance.

Not sure who's been advocating for the Leafs to overpay for anything, in fact if you actually read what I've been stating you'd see I've been saying cheap depth options are the most likely outcome.

The Maple Leafs will indeed be shopping for a forward, and they are very unlikely to be shopping for the top 4 D you continue to insist they need.

Move on, it was bad enough when you were bumping the thread when they struggled defensively, now you're even bumping it when they have good defensive outings, as if that somehow helps your case of them needing a Defenseman somehow.

You're certainly an interesting fellow. :laugh:
And the chaos continues....LOL 😆

Let's be honest the Leafs won last night because Matt Murray put on a master class performance you could argue he stole it.
He was great bit so was Saros..classic goaltending duel....good game . Leafs played smart without matthews amd generated enough offense. The D especially Timmons and Liljegren were very good. If we being honest....

Pretty even game last night. Both teams were pretty much dead even in terms of scoring chances.
Agreed. Fine game by both goalies....

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Think we need a priest to perform an exorcism of the last few pages I just read.

But anyways as time goes on, I still wonder if these insiders are talking out their ass. I can't see Dubas adding a D. I just can't. We have 10 dmen who have played games for the Leafs this year and look like real quality NHlers. At least 7 of them have played multiple games of top 4 minutes with excellent results. No teams depth dman is any better than what the Leafs have, and unless Dubas is able to bring in a top pairing dman to make the defense just disgustingly stacked, I don't see a deal happening.

Even then, if he adds a top pairing guy who comes out? One of Sandin or Liljegren most likely which is just wrong as both are top 4 dmen. It's a luxury.

But on offense, boy do we need some help there. Depth scoring has been pretty good so far, the stars are mostly pulling their weight. But we have massive injury risk here as seen with Matthews being out. Engvall should never be on a teams top line ever. We know Knies is signing but he can't be relied on in the top 6 and should just be another depth option realistically.

Leafs badly need a top 6 player and preferably top line winger. Nylander can play C for us if needed so W should be cheaper. But if we get an injury it keeps the high end of our top 6 mostly in tact. If healthy givs the Leafs a stacked top 6 or 3 elite lines.

Dubas MUST be looking at some forwards out there IMO. This is the year to add a big fish up front. Not to mention the inability to score in elimination games being why we lost the past 3 years in a row

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Think we need a priest to perform an exorcism of the last few pages I just read.

But anyways as time goes on, I still wonder if these insiders are talking out their ass. I can't see Dubas adding a D. I just can't. We have 10 dmen who have played games for the Leafs this year and look like real quality NHlers. At least 7 of them have played multiple games of top 4 minutes with excellent results. No teams depth dman is any better than what the Leafs have, and unless Dubas is able to bring in a top pairing dman to make the defense just disgustingly stacked, I don't see a deal happening.

Even then, if he adds a top pairing guy who comes out? One of Sandin or Liljegren most likely which is just wrong as both are top 4 dmen. It's a luxury.

But on offense, boy do we need some help there. Depth scoring has been pretty good so far, the stars are mostly pulling their weight. But we have massive injury risk here as seen with Matthews being out. Engvall should never be on a teams top line ever. We know Knies is signing but he can't be relied on in the top 6 and should just be another depth option realistically.

Leafs badly need a top 6 player and preferably top line winger. Nylander can play C for us if needed so W should be cheaper. But if we get an injury it keeps the high end of our top 6 mostly in tact. If healthy givs the Leafs a stacked top 6 or 3 elite lines.

Dubas MUST be looking at some forwards out there IMO. This is the year to add a big fish up front. Not to mention the inability to score in elimination games being why we lost the past 3 years in a row

If he adds a top pair D Sandin is likely part of the return

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
While We’re all so grateful you’re here to tell us what we can / can’t post about the leafs, in a leaf thread, you ever thought of scrolling past? At least he was talking about hockey and related to the subject. You’re here for ???? Reasons, calling out people’s grammar and trying to kick leaf fans out of a leaf thread lol. Not the best logic
It's not a Leafs thread or board. It's a trade forum to discuss "trades" and the Leafs game last night, etc. has nothing to do with trades. It's a simple point that you can't, or don't want to grasp.

And, I'll post whatever I want. Thanks for your valuable input and have a nice day.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
And, I'll post whatever I want. Thanks for your valuable input and have a nice day.

This thread is allowed to exist. You officially do not need to worry about it. However, you are not allowed to complain about it here.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
The leafs need a Jake Muzzin type player in the back end and at left wing
If we don't get a big banger who can play top 6, another scorer won't help anyway. Losing Muzzin was huge and is exactly the type of guy we need on the backend. The playoffs and the East are brutal and the Leafs need to add grit and size to complement what they already have. If we don't have enough offense with what we have, who does? Our bottom 6 needs work as well.

Reactions: Strangle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad