GDT: Maple Leafs @ Bruins Down 1-0 8PM HNIC: Fortune Favours the Bold

Status
Not open for further replies.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Hainsey with another pass up the middle to a Bruin.

He's overplayed and outa gas.

He's been bad for a while now, ever since the pace of the game has gotten faster, seems to be his downfall consistently over the years.

If Hainsey is supposed to be your defensive anchor, your team probably doesn't have a great defense.

Between that and goaltending (which is hard to project into the playoffs), that's been our biggest problem so far.

I think some Leaf fans, or media members thought our defense was passable but these last few games have showed us, clearly not. Some select players on our team have terrible neutral zone play too.

Reactions: Kurtz and weems

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I'm not absolving the d-men. They were atrocious. At least 4 goals directly resulting from their incompetence.

If Rask doesn't make big saves, you could say the same about the Bruins. When the Leafs were storming back after scoring back the 2nd goal, he shut down the door and made some tough saves.

I don't see many goals tonight that I went "Man... no chance there".

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Matthews, Marner, Hyman and Kapanen are the only forwards who have seemed to show up.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
He's been bad for a while now, ever since the pace of the game has gotten faster, seems to be his downfall consistently over the years.

If Hainsey is supposed to be your defensive anchor, your team probably doesn't have a great defense.

Between that and goaltending (which is hard to project into the playoffs), that's been our biggest problem so far.

I think some Leaf fans, or media members thought our defense was passable but these last few games have showed us, clearly not. Some select players on our team have terrible neutral zone play too.

Not resting him down the stretch was stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia