GDT: Maple Leafs at Flames Oct. 30 on TSN

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
GOOD NEWS, EVERYONE!

21 out of 23 players on our roster haven't broken their ankles/feet!

Calgary Flames vs. Toronto Maple Leafs

6:00 pm Mountain Time on TSN
__________ __________ __________ __________ __________ __________ __________

banner-cgy_zpsba74a316.jpg

CALGARY FLAMES [5-4-1]

Projected Lineup:

Glencross.jpg
|
Stajan.jpg
|
djones.jpg
Curtis Glencross | Matt Stajan | David Jones
cammy.jpg
|
colborne.jpg
|
galiardi.jpg
Mike Cammalleri | Joe Colborne | TJ Galiardi
baertschi.jpg
|
Monahan.jpg
|
Hudler.jpg
Sven Baertschi | Sean Monahan | Jiri Hudler
Jackman.jpg
|
Bouma.jpg
|
McGrattan.jpg
Tim Jackman | Lance Bouma | Brian McGrattan

Russell.jpg
|
Wideman.jpg
Kris Russell | Dennis Wideman
Butler.jpg
|
Brodie.jpg
Chris Butler | TJ Brodie
image.php
|
OBrien.jpg
Derek Smith | Shane O'Brien

Ramo.jpg
|
MacDonald.jpg
Karri Ramo | Joey MacDonald

nhl-mapleleafs.png

Toronto Maple Leafs [9-4-0]

Projected Lineup:

James van Riemsdyk - Nazem Kadri - Phil Kessel
Joffrey Lupul - David Bolland - David Clarkson
Mason Raymond - Jay McClement - Carter Ashton
Frazer McLaren - Trevor Smith - Colton Orr

Dion Phaneuf - Carl Gunnarsson
Cody Franson - Morgan Rielly
Jake Gardiner - Paul Ranger

Jonathan Bernier
James Reimer

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

Place your vWagers here

GAME PREVIEW
Courtesy: Flames.NHL.com

Last 10: Toronto 6-4-0, Calgary 5-4-1

Season series: This is the first of two games. The Toronto Maple Leafs and Calgary Flames split two games in 2011-12, each winning at home.

Big story: Though most of the attention was paid to Calgary losing captain Mark Giordano for 6-8 weeks with a broken ankle, the Flames on Tuesday also announced forward Lee Stempniak would be out week-to-week with a broken foot. Stempniak had one point in nine of the Flames' 10 games and ranked third on the team in scoring (Jiri Hudler 13; Sean Monahan 10).

"When you feel like you're playing well and contributing and helping the team, it makes it more frustrating," Stempniak told the Flames website. "Hopefully, I don't miss too much time, I can get back on the ice at some point soon, and get out there quicker than expected."

Stempniak played on the second unit for each of the Flames' special teams.

"It's going to give some extra responsibilities to some other guys whether it's on penalty killing or power play or 5-on-5," coach Bob Hartley said. "[Stempniak] was on the ice in many key situations for us. Well, [Stempniak's] not here. We still need to go. We can't shut down."

Team Scope:

Maple Leafs: This is the third back-to-back set of the season for Toronto, which won the second game of the first two. James Reimer may have earned his third straight start after shutting out the Edmonton Oilers 4-0 Tuesday. If not, Jonathan Bernier will be back in net.

The duo has combined for a .941 save percentage.

They have become used to facing an awful lot of shots. The Maple Leafs have allowed fewer than 31 once in their 13 games. Reimer stopped 43 Tuesday.

"As a team, I don't think we want to give up 40-plus shots, but having said that, I don't think it was as dangerous as the quantity suggested," Reimer said. "Our defence and our whole team did a heck of a job of eliminating second chances. Edmonton played well and came at us, but I thought we protected the house really well."

Toronto is visiting Western Canada for the first time since mid-February 2012.

Flames: Though not as high-profile as some other reunions this season, Calgary forward Joe Colborne will face the team that traded him away in September. Colborne played 16 games for Toronto over the course of three seasons. The Boston Bruins made him the 16th pick in the 2008 NHL Draft, then included him in a 2011 trade for Tomas Kaberle.

"You always want to show well against your old team, but I've moved on from that," Colborne told the Flames website. "I'm so excited with the opportunity that we have here as a team, and right from Day One it's been a great experience for me, and they've given me a great opportunity, especially these last few games, playing with some great players."

Colborne will center Mike Cammalleri and TJ Galiardi.

Who's hot: Toronto forward Phil Kessel has seven goals and three assists in the past four games, including two goals and two assists against the Oilers. … Jiri Hudler had a season-opening nine-game point streak, was scoreless in game 10, then had an assist Saturday against the Washington Capitals. Rookie Sean Monahan has at least one point in eight of his 11 NHL games. Defenceman Dennis Wideman has three points in his past two games.

Injury report: Maple Leafs forward Joffrey Lupul (foot) returned to play Tuesday. Nikolai Kulemin (ankle) and Tyler Bozak (lower body), and defenceman Mark Fraser (knee) are on injured reserve. Kulemin and Fraser took part in the morning skate Tuesday. Bozak will have another MRI exam soon. … Flames defenceman Christopher Breen (abdominal wall) is day-to-day. Giordano and Stempniak are out.

banner-cgygfg_zps690b80e9.jpg

Last edited:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Boy, when I look back at it, we haven't had a lot of good moments against the Leafs that I can remember. Does anyone want to suggest a different video clip?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Show the one where Sundin stepped over the blue line and shot the puck top shelf on Kipper :sarcasm:

You mean the overtime winner that was also his hat-trick goal that was also his 600th career goal? That was a pretty magnificent moment; too bad he wasn't wearing a Flames jersey. :laugh:

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows
I hope the Flames win and everyone stays healthy. Especially the D.

Also I hope lots of the people who got the Budweiser goal helmets bring them back tonight. They made for an awesome atmosphere. I wonder how many boos Phaneuf will get.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
What about the Flames scoring 3 goals in 1minutes a couple years ago!

____

Expecting Gratz to fight one of Orr or McLaren tonight

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I'm concerned about the Leafs 4th line. For some reason the Leafs still pack goons, while we have Backlund and Bouma there. You just know they'll be dirty and will try to injure one of our guys.

Joe Colbourne needs to be big tonight. Prove his former team wrong!

May 27, 2012
Earth
I'm concerned about the Leafs 4th line. For some reason the Leafs still pack goons, while we have Backlund and Bouma there. You just know they'll be dirty and will try to injure one of our guys.

*Colborne. I see you do this all the time! :laugh:

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I see Ramo and Macdonald are sharing the crease. There's no way we can lose with two guys crammed in the paint!

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica

that's why we are still dressing grats at this point

NO ONE FRACKS WITH OUR KIDS

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
I was at the game for sundins ot winner. I hate the Leafs. If we only win one more game this year, I hope it's this one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad