GDT: Maple Leafs at Flames Oct. 30 on TSN

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Gio is from TO, if I'm not mistaken the first time he played them in TO he scored twice and we won, good thing he is pla... wait, oh ****. Our forwards look okay, but our D has to be the worst group in the NHL with Gio out.

I have no idea how we will do tonight, we need our goalie to steal the game!

GO FLAMES GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yo:

May 27, 2012
Earth
When Backlund was drafted he was projected to be a similar player to Nicklas Backstrom(Capitals). I could be wrong, but I think it is right.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Gio is from TO, if I'm not mistaken the first time he played them in TO he scored twice and we won, good thing he is pla... wait, oh ****. Our forwards look okay, but our D has to be the worst group in the NHL with Gio out.

Erm, no, he scored twice and we lost on Mats Sundin's hat trick goal in overtime. Thanks for reminding me of that though :rant:

Let's just win this. Hopefully the Leafs are tired from last night's skate through the park.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

Our D shut down the Washington Ovechkins last game, so there is hope! Go Flames!

I Hate Blake Coleman

F*** the oilers
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
The great thing about Backlund is he is tenacious on the puck and his style of play means he can play on any line.

It would be great if the Flames win this one. Toronto's on the second half of a back to back. I'm hoping Bart steps it up in Stemp's absence.

Hotlanta

Dec 1, 2009
I'm concerned about the Leafs 4th line. For some reason the Leafs still pack goons, while we have Backlund and Bouma there. You just know they'll be dirty and will try to injure one of our guys.

Joe Colbourne needs to be big tonight. Prove his former team wrong!

Leafs fan coming in peace. I wouldn't be too worried about our fourth line, Smith is an AHL call-up with Bozak out, he is not overly big or overly physical. Orr's physical game (fighting, targeting defense for big hits) minus finishing small hits has disappeared since the Parros injury. He most likely won't fight.

In addition, our fourth line played over 10 minutes last night so expect them to only play 3-5 tonight. McLaren will look for a dancing partner I am sure, but he is one of the cleanest "Goons" there is today. Expect to see him throwing the body around though.

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
Lol at poor Chris Butler. Love the avatar.

Appropriate he's in the top 4 just before Halloween because that's truly scary.

Demetric

Jun 19, 2013
Under a Rock
I'm concerned about the Leafs 4th line. For some reason the Leafs still pack goons, while we have Backlund and Bouma there. You just know they'll be dirty and will try to injure one of our guys.

Joe Colbourne needs to be big tonight. Prove his former team wrong!

It's Colborne'n Time!

Lol at poor Chris Butler. Love the avatar.

Appropriate he's in the top 4 just before Halloween because that's truly scary.

:handclap:

FlamesFan18

Frank the Tank
Feb 26, 2010
Calgary
Going to game tonight with my best friend who is the biggest Leafs fan I know. Really going to try not to get into a drunken fight.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
Really hoping we can pull this one out, because everyone where I work is a Leaf fan, and you know... :laugh:

Also this made me laugh.

21 out of 23 players on our roster haven't broken their ankles/feet!

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
Love to see a win but the Leafs have been good this year. Will be a tough game for sure.

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
Kessel goes top-shelf where the cookies are.

I hope you have a lot of cookies

MC Ride

Feels bad man
Feb 4, 2009
Go flams beet the leefs

images

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->