Confirmed with Link: Maple Leafs & AGM Mark Hunter Part Ways, Effective Immediately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go4soda

Dec 15, 2015
id bet nylander and marner could put up Barzal level points if they had 0 defensive responsibilities. That islander team had no defensive system what so ever
This. I like Barzal a lot, but what went on on the island this season was a free for all. Let’s take a step back and evaluate in 2-3 years before making comparisons between marner and barzal. As of now, I’ll take marner.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Marner had 69 points with 16;28 TOI. Litterally only Laine can be compared with similar TOI and stats. You really need to look into everything, not just points. Barzal never scores 85 with Babcock.
You really think the Isles will play the same with a new coach and no JT? Those GA were just horrific. The new coach cracks down big time.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Most guys in hockey do move on if they are passed over by the organization. Kyle Dubas would have eventually left as well.(Teams actually want him as their GM unlike Hunter).
To that fact I will say this again. Why was Mark Hunter's name brought up for the GM jobs in Carolina and Minnesota before they got filled.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
To that fact I will say this again. Why was Mark Hunter's name brought up for the GM jobs in Carolina and Minnesota before they got filled.
He was with the Leafs. No one asked for permission to speak with him. Arizona and Colorado both asked to speak with Dubas.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
He was with the Leafs. No one asked for permission to speak with him. Arizona and Colorado both asked to speak with Dubas.
That's exactly what others don't seem to realize. We always hear of teams asking permission to speak with others about interviewing for GM jobs, however for Carolina and Minnesota they didn't want to ask to speak with Hunter.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
That's exactly what others don't seem to realize. We always hear of teams asking permission to speak with others about interviewing for GM jobs, however for Carolina and Minnesota they didn't want to ask to speak with Hunter.
Yup. All this b.s about Hunter being so much more experienced. Where is his offers? Dubas had 2 by age 31. hunter is 55.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Yup. All this b.s about Hunter being so much more experienced. Where is his offers? Dubas had 2 by age 31. hunter is 55.
and your point is what exactly ?

Dubas has our GM job so there's no need to continually pimp him and knock Hunter . How Dubas performs will determine whether Shanny made the right decision and it won't be based on some over the top homers ramblings on a hockey forum .

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
If you want to get technical Dubas has more experience working in management at the NHL level. Shanahan originally hired him on July 22, 2014. Shanahan hired Hunter on October 21, 2014.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Happy Mark Hunter can sign with the Islanders day everyone.

Why hasn't Mark Hunter signed with the Islanders yet?

No one wanted him after all?

Actually, I think it is tomorrow he can join another organization, since they said after July 15th.

Is it really necessary to make these posts?

It is OK to love Dubas and still respect what Hunter did for the franchise. I can appreciate what both guys bring to the table, but we are undoubtedly worse off losing one instead of having both. I have been really happy with Dubas so far, but if I do have a small criticism thus far it is the first 2 rounds of the draft (which was Hunter's forte). I do really like and am very optimistic about the future of Sandin and Durzi, but I hope we don't live to regret trading the pick that was Bokk and not taking Veleno at 30, as well as passing up on Wise and Addison at 52.

There is no doubt he will eventually be picked up by another franchise if not right away. You are just opening yourselves up to look really foolish if he is hired somewhere and does great things. It is OK to be happy with the way things worked out without having to take shots at the other guy.

Last edited:

JuanSnow

Mar 5, 2016
It's clear that Hunter was basically a glorified scout. He doesn't need the money so I doubt he goes anywhere for anything less than a GM job.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
I think people have forgotten he is available so maybe he hasn't received any offers.
tumblr_lnv4lu27iK1qjun2ao1_250.gif

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Actually, I think it is tomorrow he can join another organization, since they said after July 15th.

Is it really necessary to make these posts?

It is OK to love Dubas and still respect what Hunter did for the franchise. I can appreciate what both guys bring to the table, but we are undoubtedly worse off losing one instead of having both. I have been really happy with Dubas so far, but if I do have a small criticism thus far it is the first 2 rounds of the draft (which was Hunter's forte). I do really like and am very optimistic about the future of Sandin and Durzi, but I hope we don't live to regret trading the pick that was Bokk and not taking Veleno at 30, as well as passing up on Wise and Addison at 52.

There is no doubt he will eventually be picked up by another franchise if not right away. You are just opening yourselves up to look really foolish if he is hired somewhere and does great things. It is OK to be happy with the way things worked out without having to take shots at the other guy.

Calm down, I've never been involved in this Hunter/Dubas argument, though I do prefer analytics and new school thinking so that would have me personally liking Dubas more. maybe I shouldn't have poked the bear but it was only intended as a creative way to bring the discussion back now that he can officially sign somewhere else.

And it's July 15th or after per Bob McKenzie(and everywhere else I've looked) so he can sign now.

Reactions: A1LeafNation

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Best of luck to the guy. I am glad we picked Dubas but as long as it isn't against us, I hope Hunter has success.

He was the reason we picked Marner and I can't thank him enough for that.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Marner had 69 points with 16;28 TOI. Litterally only Laine can be compared with similar TOI and stats.

Ok, so for the sake of accuracy, so this kinda of thing doesn't get repeated...

In order, points/60 leaders in 2017/18 (playing a minimum of 10 games):
1. Malkin
2. MacKinnon
3. Hall
4. Marchand
5. Kucherov
6. McDavid
7. Giroux
8. Kessel
9. Stamkos
10. Barzal
11. Matthews