Mantha

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
Mantha has looked good. I know the scouting report on him is his lack of effort on every shift, but I can say I only seen that about twice so far. Other than that, he has looked very smooth out there.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Rick Nash is a good comparison imo

Pretty good comparison. Only difference I'd argue is that Nash always commanded his line, whereas Mantha can be the leader or the follower. Better on-ice awareness for non-scoring plays but not the elite cherry-picking that Nash pulls off.

Jeff Carter can play center, but Mantha reminds me a ton of him in terms of what Carter has looked like out on the wing. Big man with lots of speed, lethal finish and underrated passing.

Its been a comparison made for several years now and I think its really holding up.

He also reminds me a lot of Getzlaf without the severe hesitation to shoot. I will say this though - I think Mantha is much more a hybrid winger than a sniper at this level. He's got a ton of short-pass smarts in the offensive zone that are prime for scoring chance set-ups.

As a more underwhelming comparison, I'd say Dainius Zubrus.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
What's positive is that he's shooting the puck a lot. Averaging almost 3 shots per game. In time I hope he can increase that number even more (being put in a shooting position on the PP would do a lot in that regard). Guys that score 30+ goals consistently usually need to be averaging 3-4 shots per game. With the shot Mantha has, you want him putting a lot of pucks on net.

InGusWeTrust

hockey.tk
May 6, 2009
Michigan
hockey.tk
What's positive is that he's shooting the puck a lot. Averaging almost 3 shots per game. In time I hope he can increase that number even more (being put in a shooting position on the PP would do a lot in that regard). Guys that score 30+ goals consistently usually need to be averaging 3-4 shots per game. With the shot Mantha has, you want him putting a lot of pucks on net.

Green should be shooting more too. He has such a nice shot. If he was shooting 3 times a game I bet he could hit the 20g mark with that much PP time. That would be huge. 6 already..

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Proably Sheahan has found a girlfriend and moved out from that single guys apartment.

I think they asked him to move out when he refused to not wear his Tinky Winky outfit around the house all of the time.

tumblr_mconimQPyU1rq2di2o1_1280.jpg

InGusWeTrust

hockey.tk
May 6, 2009
Michigan
hockey.tk
Proably Sheahan has found a girlfriend and moved out from that single guys apartment.

They interviewed Sheahan between periods one game and mentioned that he bought a house in Plymouth with his fiance(?) I believe. Not sure which game but I thought it was awkward that they would mention the city on television. I wouldn't want the world knowing what city I lived in. (I know that people find out but I would hate for it to be announced)

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
I have to admit I was wrong about Mantha. I was about ready to pawn him off as a bust this year if he didn't step up and make a impact. But I guess the knee injury his first season in the Ahl really held him back last year. Happy to see him due well so far in the big league this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad