Mantha

rhef3

Jul 28, 2016
Just outside St.louis
yes the name that brings a lot of attention lately haha

I know he is pretty much untouchable but with the news that anaheim had scouts watching him play and "showing interest" i'm curious where his value is right now for a 1-1 swap.

On the ducks board they are interested sure but don't want to pay a premium which is pretty much any team, and they come to the suggestion of Brandon Montour

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=170326

he hasn't had a game in the nhl so that would scare a lot away but neither has mantha which is why they brought up his name.

IF mantha was to be traded how would this value fair. I know the salaries would be fairly close so the cap shouldn't be too bad of an issue.

thoughts ?

or are most fans on here on the Mantha is going no where train ?

just trying to bring a little life to the wings forum, generate some talk.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
How about late 1st for late 1st? I'd rather do Theodore... although I like Montour.

Theodore + Mahura for Mantha is something I'd seriously consider.

Last edited:

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
Mantha is going somewhere if he understands that the amount of time in NHL with the puck is a lot less than in the AHL.

And if he's given a proper solid chance and not this "earn your ice-time on the fourth line" kind of duties ****.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris 84

Sep 15, 2007
well, mantha HAS of course had a game in the NHL.

anyway, 1 for 1 for montour? can't see it happening from our side....
1 for 1 for theodore i can't see happening from their side (maybe not ours either, but at this stage i really don't know how mantha is rated within the organisation)

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Late 1st for late 1st. I'd rather do Theodore, though I like also Montour.

Theodore + Mahura for Mantha is something I'd seriously consider.

55th overall 2nd round Montour

for

20th overall 1st round.

No they are both NOT 'late firsts'

Mantha has A LOT more upside. (according to previous stats)

I do not know or watch Montour. So maybe hes becoming amazing. But to me Mantha is worth more on paper.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
55th overall 2nd round Montour

for

20th overall 1st round.

No they are both NOT 'late firsts'

Mantha has A LOT more upside. (according to previous stats)

I do not know or watch Montour. So maybe hes becoming amazing. But to me Mantha is worth more on paper.

I suggested Theodore and not Montour in my proposal. Mantha and Theodore are both late 1st's. I edited it to make it more clear.

Last edited:

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Don't see Holland dealing Mantha unless Fowler is coming back, And Holland would need to at least deal Smith to New Jersey or Buffalo or Winnipeg for picks to clear a spot and at least open a little salary as well.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Don't see Holland dealing Mantha unless Fowler is coming back, And Holland would need to at least deal Smith to New Jersey or Buffalo or Winnipeg for picks to clear a spot and at least open a little salary as well.

Sounds great, but I doubt a GM is going to take an unestablished forward for an established defenseman.

If we're trading Mantha, realistically we would probably have to trade for a similarly unestablished defenseman and hope we come out ahead down the line.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Sounds great, but I doubt a GM is going to take an unestablished forward for an established defenseman.

If we're trading Mantha, realistically we would probably have to trade for a similarly unestablished defenseman and hope we come out ahead down the line.

I don't know there was a supposed rumor that Bob Murray , Was asking for Mantha+Detroit's 2016 1st round pick for Cam Fowler right before the draft. Supposedly that was from Helene St James herself. And rightfully so Holland said no because he needed that 1st rounder to move the Datsyuk contract.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
What I don't really get is if Anaheim and Detroit are talking about a trade involving Mantha, it would make so much more sense to call up Mantha instead of Bert to showcase him.

It could be Svechnikov who is on the trade block too.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I thnk Mantha is going to be a good player, albeit frustrating like Franzen was when he went invisible. I think Mantha is going to be like Franzen; whereas he looks like he has another gear but rarely taps into it.

I'm all for trading Mantha for Fowler. And I am not even that high on Fowler.

XO

Nov 4, 2009
I thnk Mantha is going to be a good player, albeit frustrating like Franzen was when he went invisible. I think Mantha is going to be like Franzen; whereas he looks like he has another gear but rarely taps into it.

I'm all for trading Mantha for Fowler. And I am not even that high on Fowler.

Mantha for Fowler would be a great trade for us but Anaheim would never do that that alone.

Mantha for Theodore seems fine. For Montour, not interested.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I suggested Theodore and not Montour in my proposal. Mantha and Theodore are both late 1st's. I edited it to make it more clear.

If people are considering Theodore they absolutely should be considering Montour for such a transaction. After a year of professional hockey draft position meaning nothing.

I don't think that Kenny will do something like this, but this is absolutely the type of creative move that he needs to be considering at this point.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
If people are considering Theodore they absolutely should be considering Montour for such a transaction. After a year of professional hockey draft position meaning nothing.

I don't think that Kenny will do something like this, but this is absolutely the type of creative move that he needs to be considering at this point.

Not sure it means nothing, as it pertains to trade value. The luster of former 1st round pick seems to hold for quite some time with younger players.

But in this case it may not matter in the long run, I agree. But everytime I have seen Theodore I have been impressed and he would be my ask. Personally.

There's a reason all the Ducks fans are proposing Montour, and it's because they want to keep Lindholm, Fowler, Vatanen, Theodore. I'm not letting them do that, if they want to make a trade. They make out far too well, and Mantha probably comes in and slots in their top 6 and puts up numbers with Kesler or Getzlaf.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Not sure it means nothing, as it pertains to trade value. The luster of former 1st round pick seems to hold for quite some time with younger players.

But in this case it may not matter in the long run, I agree. But everytime I have seen Theodore I have been impressed and he would be my ask. Personally.

There's a reason all the Ducks fans are proposing Montour, and it's because they want to keep Lindholm, Fowler, Vatanen, Theodore. I'm not letting them do that, if they want to make a trade. They make out far too well, and Mantha probably comes in and slots in their top 6 and puts up numbers with Kesler or Getzlaf.

You don't have to like Montour, but he is a damn fine defensemen and far better than anything we have in our system, although I certainly would not turn down Theodore if they were willing to part with him. As someone on the other board suggested, I would even consider a deal based around Tatar and Montour with some additions.

I like Mantha a lot as a player and have defended him for a while, but I don't think he has quite as much trade value as others think. People are right to ask questions about why he can't crack the roster of a very mediocre Wings team at this stage of his career.

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
IF there really is anything going on it is towards one of the Ducks roster D. Every move Holland has made is oriented towards "now". Theodore is a very promising player who has done fairly well in his limited NHL games but he isn't a difference maker today. I don't think Holland is suddenly looking toward the future especially considering the moves he made over the off-season. People can argue well Theodore is probably already better than some of our D, well he probably is but it's not like Theodore is ready to step in as a top 1-2 or even 3. Anything less isn't going to noticeably improve our team today.

Then you have the Ducks perspective in which they are trying to shed salary.. They have plenty of proven NHLers on D and are ready to bring the young guys in and save themselves some money.

So you guys can give up on trying to create this fairy tail right now because it's not going to happen.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
if we're gonna trade for a dman it better be a NHL dman, not a prospect

we can draft our own prospects

we need a guy who is young and plays TODAY in the NHL in a meaningful way

otherwise why bother

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad