Mantha vs. Sam Reinhart

Who's The Better Player

• Total voters

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Come on man, Reinhart has like negative hits in his career. So does Mantha.

I like Reinhart and would take him on my team, but its almost comical how much he Drouins around the ice.

he doesn’t hit a lot but he isn’t soft. Dude takes a beating going in front of the net constantly. Some Sabres fans thinks he gets disengaged or floats around sometimes, but he isn’t soft

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
what about scoring pace and potential? Let’s look at actual results.

turns out I was right about 2021, by a lot. Shooting fish in a barrel lol. Let’s revisit this again next year, maybe Mantha will finally our produce him then

REINHART

Goals: 23

MANTHA

Goals: 15

now Mantha will play on a stacked offensive team and we can see what he does. He clearly couldn’t reach his potential on his own or with Larkin. He is 26, it would have happened by now. Reinhart has played most this year without eichel and has produced just as much.

That awkward moment when you revive a dead thread to take a victory lap even though they have

1. Identical PPG average over their career.
2. Reinhart having a much worse plus minus.
3. Reinhart being much more reliant on PP production.
4. Reinhart having way more ice time over the last five years.
5. Buffalo having scored 131 more goals than Detroit over the last five years.
6. Reinhart being married to Eichel for the better part of the last five years.

Congrats, I guess? :laugh: Mantha’s still the better player.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
That awkward moment when you revive a dead thread to take a victory lap even though they have

Awkward moment? Don’t make dumb polls to prove an argument and then whine about being called out on it. You made an entire thread and poll about this to prove a point. You’re point was wrong, just reminding you that reinhart had a significantly better year, like I said he would.

All your points about scoring pace and relying on eichel were wrong. Reinhart is the better player and always has been. And is also younger and more durable :)

the legend of Mantha! Only 26 year old player people talking about potential with

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Awkward moment? Don’t make dumb polls to prove an argument and then whine about being called out on it. You made an entire thread and poll about this to prove a point. You’re point was wrong, just reminding you that reinhart had a significantly better year, like I said he would.

All your points about scoring pace and relying on eichel were wrong. Reinhart is the better player and always has been. And is also younger and more durable :)

the legend of Mantha! Only 26 year old player people talking about potential with

*Checks poll results*

:biglaugh:

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
*Checks poll results*

:biglaugh:

A bunch of people on HF boards were wrong? Maybe next year Mantha will put it together.

wasn’t this year. Apparently just couldn’t do it with Larkin, needs to be on a stacked team and MAYBE it will happen.

reinhart I guess will just keep producing regardless of the situation. On a terrible team and centering his own line...still producing

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
A bunch of people on HF boards were wrong? Maybe next year Mantha will put it together.

wasn’t this year. Apparently just couldn’t do it with Larkin, needs to be on a stacked team and MAYBE it will happen.

reinhart I guess will just keep producing regardless of the situation. On a terrible team and centering his own line...still producing

Thanks for not addressing any of the 6 points that were brought up to negate your claim. :thumbu: Have a good day.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Thanks for not addressing any of the 6 points that were brought up to negate your claim. :thumbu: Have a good day.

when you start using plus and minus....you may want to drop your argument.

notice you’re argument about Mantha and reinhart is never who actually produces more. It’s that reinhart players with eichel (wrong). Or that Mantha paces for more points, if he just played a full season (wrong)

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017

notice you’re argument about Mantha and reinhart is never who actually produces more. It’s that reinhart players with eichel (wrong). Or that Mantha paces for more points, if he just played a full season (wrong)

It’s addressed multiple times. Try reading.

Better yet, try not bumping a dead thread to try to declare victory only to bury yourself once again. :laugh:

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse

Better yet, try not bumping a dead thread to try to declare victory only to bury yourself once again. :laugh:

Don’t make polling threads to prove a point and whine about them when they get bumped once the season is ending. Reinhart outproduced Mantha by a lot. Scored more goals than him, by a lot. And didn’t have eichel “carrying” him. I told you he was a better player who produces more, it’s not even close at this point

The Myth of Mantha! Where the points don’t matter.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Don’t make polling threads to prove a point and whine about them when they get bumped once the season is ending. Reinhart outproduced Mantha by a lot. Scored more goals than him, by a lot. And didn’t have eichel “carrying” him. I told you he was a better player who produces more, it’s not even close at this point

The Myth of Mantha! Where the points don’t matter.

That weird moment when people are still voting Mantha after you bumped it.

giphy.gif

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Ummm. His percentage is going down, I can only assume you’re trolling at this point. Take care

I don't think you're in any place to accuse anybody of trolling after bumping a thread from October.

The inferiority complex is strong, and that's saying something when it's against Detroit. Go run some numbers for the love of God.

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013

Reinhart has played with Eichel this year though, what I

TOI With: 270:52
TOI Away: 108:37

His most common linemates include, Olofsson, Dahlin, Hall, Ristolainen, and Eichel.

Source: Sam Reinhart - Teammates - On Ice - Natural Stat Trick

The increased analytics are to be expected though.

drewbahflo

Nov 22, 2014

I don't agree with reviving an old thread like this, but I almost feel embarrassed for you while reading your desperate attempt in your previous post. I was going to post how bumping this thread is silly/etc... but then I saw your comment.
you can't really believe any of that, right? when I read that it was just like picturing a fish out of water desperately flopping around.
poor dude :(

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I don't agree with reviving an old thread like this, but I almost feel embarrassed for you while reading your desperate attempt in your previous post. I was going to post how bumping this thread is silly/etc... but then I saw your comment.
you can't really believe any of that, right? when I read that it was just like picturing a fish out of water desperately flopping around.

Anxiously awaiting a response for, well, any of this.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse

meh it’s my first time bumping an old thread because he was extremely obnoxious in another thread about this, created this dumb poll thread to prove a point and was extremely annoying in it too. I think bumping this thread and creating a poll to prove a point are both bad looks haha.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Reinhart has played with Eichel this year though, what I

TOI With: 270:52
TOI Away: 108:37

His most common linemates include, Olofsson, Dahlin, Hall, Ristolainen, and Eichel.

Source: Sam Reinhart - Teammates - On Ice - Natural Stat Trick

The increased analytics are to be expected though.

yes, he has played with eichel and has always looked good (and advanced stats say he drives play). But he has also played without eichel and looked just as good.

the very dumb argument “but he plays with great players” is an annoying straw man argument. Reinhart produces good! “BuT HE plAyS WitH GoOd playErs” reinhart produces away from eichel too! “BuT HE usE To PlaY Wit Eichel”

also, olofsson and risto are not good 5v5 players, and hall was dog shit this year.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse

Well, then I’ll take the younger player who is way more durable (PPG is a handy tool to help ignore that a player is constantly injured). Plus, the player who has a higher PPG the closer you make the time frame. Reinhart is .75 ppg over the last two years, Mantha is .68.

LOL. This will start your theme of pointing at factors outside of Mantha and reinhart. Which ignores both teams have been awful...let’s not pretend reinhart has been on a great scoring team while Mantha hasn’t

Reinhart has as many 5v5 goals as Mantha does total this year. Reinhart has 24 5v5 points this year...Mantha has 27 total points. Soooo reinhart produces 5v5 and on the PP...is that a bad thing?

Come on lol...that awkward moment when you realize you made a very dumb point.

Man if Mantha just PLAYED MORE he’s totally be better. All those great Detroit players blocking Mantha eh?

yup, the Sabres...the great scoring offense the last five years lol. And btw, in this five year time span, reinhart has almost 60 more points than Mantha—who has never hit 50 points in a season

In four of the last 6 years, including this year....reinhart has a higher ppg away from eichel. I posted his stats this year away from eichel. He has been dominant. And let me get this straight, now that Mantha is on a good team, his good stats won’t count now...right!?

Go home, you’re drunk. Keep playing with your memes. Reinhart just had his 4th straight 20 goal season (5th in six years). Mantha has hit 20 goals twice in his entire career. Reinhart is better right now. Has always been better. And produces way more than Mantha. Oh and is younger, more durable, and now playing center

Mantha has never even hit 50 points in his career....he is about to be 27. The reason I don’t like responding to these points is because they are bad points

Last edited:

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
yes, he has played with eichel and has always looked good (and advanced stats say he drives play). But he has also played without eichel and looked just as good.

the very dumb argument “but he plays with great players” is an annoying straw man argument. Reinhart produces good! “BuT HE plAyS WitH GoOd playErs” reinhart produces away from eichel too! “BuT HE usE To PlaY Wit Eichel”

also, olofsson and risto are not good 5v5 players, and hall was dog shit this year.
I’m merely commenting on the fact you said he didn’t play with Eichel. Reinhart actually has a better Corsi when playing with Olofsson (58.32 vs 50 without) and Risto has a relatively low impact in that it’s -1 on Reinhart’s Corsi. Reinhart actually played much better with Hall than without (64.77 together and 48.10 apart). I think it’s to be expected that a top 6 player is going to play with a team’s top players and that will have some effect on their underlying analytics especially when they’re considering a top 5/10 center in the world. A good way to squash this debate with that user would be to provide Reinhart’s analytics to compare to Mantha with and without Eichel as a linemate. It’s hard to argue with quantifiable data.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad