Injury Report: Mantha out for 6-8 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
From what I've seen of Sproul last year, this pre-season, and this year, if he makes 10+ million, it'll be from a lucrative career in the KHL. He needs to pull his head out of his ass ASAP and stop looking like a poor man's Marc-Andre Bergeron on stilts.

I didn't confine it to the NHL intentionally in the post, though I do think Sproul will collect that at the NHL level especially with salaries increasing as the cap increases. He will get several chances.

For instance Cam Barker banked north of 13 million.. Jamie McBain will bridge 7 million when he signs his deal with LA in career earnings. Those are guys that woefully performed and were given chances because of their body type, potential and skill set. McBain will likely clear the 10 million point in Europe if he cannot use his what appears to be his last chance in the NHL. Heck look up Jakub Kindl's career earnings...

Still the point is a guy like Sproul will likely get an NHL contract when he shouldn't even if he continues to be a dumpster fire in his own end and some serious interest in Europe should he fizzle through a couple contracts in North America.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

probertrules24

Jul 10, 2007
Canada
Awesome!! I'm tired of the hoping and talk, I wanna see what this kid can really do!!

I'm hoping for good things from him but understand the jump to the AHL is a big thing so I'm being cautiously optimistic about him lighting it up. I hope some people aren't setting them selves up for a let down if he's not a huge impact.

T Low

Oct 18, 2008
I'm hoping for good things from him but understand the jump to the AHL is a big thing so I'm being cautiously optimistic about him lighting it up. I hope some people aren't setting them selves up for a let down if he's not a huge impact.

Yeah, it's amazing how badly we want to believe, isn't it, though. Self included.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
From what I've seen of Sproul last year, this pre-season, and this year, if he makes 10+ million, it'll be from a lucrative career in the KHL. He needs to pull his head out of his ass ASAP and stop looking like a poor man's Marc-Andre Bergeron on stilts.

I'm not expecting Sproul to have a career as good as Kindl is having right now. But if he does, bonus. Just not too high on him and I'd be fine if Holland uses in some kind of trade package.

Larkin+Sproul+2nd (2016) + cap dump for Myers.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012

Yeah, and the kid is coming off of a broken leg. I am not expecting anything of note from him until after Christmas.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Super interesting to see how he does.

I will not be disappointed if he struggles - He'll improve.

But then again, I wouldn't be surprised if he tore it up...

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
I just want to see that Pulkkinen-Sproul-Mantha PP. Three huge shots. Should be just lethal at that level. Put Callahan in front of the net and then maybe Ouellet or Backman there to make plays. Yessir. That would be a dandy PP unit.

Then again, Pulkkinen and Sproul together should have yielded more success than they've gotten.

jerrymac

Oct 24, 2011
GB
Really excited for tomorrow now. Though I'd be surprised if Mantha has a big game. First game in the AHL and coming off a lengthy injury. Hopefully it won't take him long to get going.

Hugh Mongusbig

Mar 7, 2012
The kids hasn't played competitive hockey in months..... It's going to take him weeks to get going... Let the kid find his legs and game again before expecting him to make any kind of impact in the AHL.

Colton2233

Mar 28, 2008
Can he play in the AHL/NHL all year? He only played 3 yrs of juniors plus only is 20yrs old?

Other guys from his draft year had to go back to juniors. Domi, Horvat etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad