Injury Report: Mantha out for 6-8 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil18

Jul 13, 2013
Montréal
No surgery will be required !

@AnsarKhanMLive: Wings top prospect Anthony Mantha is out 6-8 weeks with fractured right tibia, GM Ken Holland said.

he is already fitting in haaa...

Last edited by a moderator:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Sucks for Grand Rapids and Mantha. Wasn't going to play for Wings anyways though.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
I don't understand how it went from holding him out as a precaution and Mantha saying he is fine, to it being a fracture. Terrible luck

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Sorry to hear it, guys. Nobody likes seeing an injury- but especially to a highly-anticipated prospect.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
Well there goes any chance Mantha had with playing in the NHL this season.

He'll need a solid month to get back to where he was and than more time to really dominate the AHL. On the bright side we may have a top 5/10 prospect in the NHL when the season ends.

sakei

Anti-Kindl-Brigade
May 19, 2014
Zurich
At least we know that he has Red Wings genes. Getting hurt at the most inconvenient time :facepalm:

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Am I the only one who doubts on the judgement of the incident?

"He said he got hurt in the first period and played the entire game," Holland said. "After the game we worried more about the cartilage (in his knee) and then the next morning he woke up swollen, so obviously the body is sending a message that something's not right. So we put him through some tests."

If he got hurt, he got hurt. Shouldn't they rather be overprotective than risking **** like that?

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008

If he got hurt, he got hurt. Shouldn't they rather be overprotective than risking **** like that?

Are they going to take out every player who has something hurting?

That's hockey. You play unless you know something bad is going on.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL

Players break feet far too often without realizing it until they take their skates off and their foot doubles in size. Same things happens with other bones.

crashman

At least this will cut back on all the complaining because he's not on the Wings opening night roster. Every player coming from juniors should spend some time in the AHL, even the best prospects.

crashman

At least this will cut back on all the complaining because he's not on the Wings opening night roster. Every player coming from juniors should spend some time in the AHL, even the best prospects.

It's still very unfortunate for him though and couldn't have come at a worse time. I hope it doesn't hurt his confidence goin forward.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Are they going to take out every player who has something hurting?

That's hockey. You play unless you know something bad is going on.

no, of course not. But that incident sounded quite weird, and weird incidents can cause a wide range of injuries. Not being able to protect yourself means that your fall is harder than usual. I'm not so sure that taking such a risk at the beginning of the trainings camp is undoubtful. Nothing else.

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus
Sucks for Mantha. Key is for him to get healthy and then get some solid top 6 time in the AHL. I can see him getting a few call-ups later in the year. He should be with the big club come next season, but I am not holding my breath. Hopefully a stellar year after he recovers, and no more injuries.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009

No, dude. Players that aren't ready for the NHL should go to the AHL. You can't make a blanket statement like that. Some players can hit the NHL running. Don't send them down just because it's team policy or something.

As for this news. What a joke. I'm no longer surprised by any news of this nature. Expect the worst it seems.

Conspiracy theory time. Holland had someone go Tonya Harding on Mantha to delay his coming into the NHL for 6-8 weeks. Plenty of time for Cleary to get his 10 games in. :laugh: :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad