Confirmed with Link: Manny Malhotra hired by TOR as assistant coach

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I forgot about Penny! I bet they wish they could have that one back.

Ya no doubt. Imagine having both the scout who discovered Pavel Bure and the scout who discovered Peter Forsberg on the same scouting staff! What a missed opportunity.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Good hire
Toronto is one of the mentally weaker teams
probably trying to fix that

Malhotra calls Matthews: Hey Auston. I just wanted to introduce myself...

*hears a woman screaming and men laughing in the background*

Malhotra: Is this a good time?

Matthews: Ya...er...wait... I need to put my pants back on...

Reactions: Didalee Hed

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
That’s a big loss for us, was hoping he could stick around a little longer to help develop our centerman guys like Gaudette and Petey & Motte could do a lot better in the faceoffs. Good for him though, moving on up in the coaching world.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
Me too. Very much so, he was a joy to work with. Some NHL'ers have a real presence, and Vancouver has been blessed with many of them.

My kid learned a lot about faceoffs from him. I believe there are several Canucks who could say the same.
I’m very curious. In what capacity did you work with manny malhotra?

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
I’m very curious. In what capacity did you work with manny malhotra?
Not real work. Volunteer coaching with our kids. I can't say enough good things about him, on and off the ice.

And you can imagine how much is asked of NHL'ers when they show up in public, whether it is at the kids rink, or travelling back on the ferry from their kid's tournament on the Island, or surrounded by literally a hundred kids getting their team photos taken at the rink. These guys are so classy, and Manny has that outgoing personality that is so charismatic.

I'd like to see him learn the ropes as a bench AC in the NHL and then graduate to HC. The league would be better for it. But the travel is tough on the family. Wish him and his family the best.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Well..

With so much veteran leadership in the line up, Manny really felt that there was nothing more he could contribute.

So long Manny and thanks for sacrificing your eye for this team!!

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
Not real work. Volunteer coaching with our kids. I can't say enough good things about him, on and off the ice.

And you can imagine how much is asked of NHL'ers when they show up in public, whether it is at the kids rink, or travelling back on the ferry from their kid's tournament on the Island, or surrounded by literally a hundred kids getting their team photos taken at the rink. These guys are so classy, and Manny has that outgoing personality that is so charismatic.

I'd like to see him learn the ropes as a bench AC in the NHL and then graduate to HC. The league would be better for it. But the travel is tough on the family. Wish him and his family the best.
Ahhhhh, I did not even consider that. That is very cool. Glad to hear the reputation holds up.

Reactions: I am toxic

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Why is it when a personnel of the Canucks is quite clearly doing good, they end up not being with the Canucks shortly after.

Does that mean Benning is next?

Couldn’t get so lucky...

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
I met Manny and Kesler together at a STH event in 2011, Manny was stoked to talk to, shake hands with (remember when we could do that?), autograph for people while Kesler was very much not interested in human beings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad