Confirmed with Link: Manny Malhotra hired by TOR as assistant coach

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I thought Manny, with his connections to the team and the city, would be one of those assistant coaches that survive HC changes. I guess Manny does want to become a HC one day so if this is a promotion for Manny congrats!

I notice the Canucks don't have an associate coach and with Doug Jarvis now a senior advisor they also don't have a veteran coach on the staff. There are some big names available such as Jacques Martin whose hiring won't threaten Green.

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
I thought Manny, with his connections to the team and the city, would be one of those assistant coaches that survive HC changes. I guess Manny does want to become a HC one day so if this is a promotion for Manny congrats!

I notice the Canucks don't have an associate coach and with Doug Jarvis now a senior advisor they also don't have a veteran coach on the staff. There are some big names available such as Jacques Martin whose hiring won't threaten Green.

A lot will depend on whether Aquilini wants to save some money. Its a better look if you still spend to the cap while silently reduce the off-ice costs. The front office is still pretty slim and they maybe want to stay cheap on the assistant coaches as well, so I am not really sure they would bring in someone like Martin who will certainly demand quite a bit of salary.

Reactions: F A N

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->