Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
KV spin.gif.gif
The KV spin...

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Ive been a Poolman fan a long time. He's in the wrong league but I think next year he will be on the Jets as they won't have both Myers and Trouba on the roster but only one. I think Chiarot signs elsewhere and we let Morrow go and keep Beaulieu as our depth guy. So pairings should be:
Jmo Buff/Trouba
Kuli Buff/Myers
Niku Poolman (nice puck movers for pair three Id say)
Beaulieu

BTW, this Moose run is fun to watch.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I was at the game yesterday in the CO and wanted to provide you lot with some of my thoughts. Don't get offended because I say how I see it personally.

- First off, Berdin is absurdly good. Holy smokes I did not know anything about him because I was expecting Comrie to play. I thought he was ECHL fodder, but absolutely not. He's extremely explosive in speed, challenging the shooter, and is a fantastic stickhandler. He tends to get really scrambly in net and is a bit too adventurous when playing the puck, but once he calms down and picks his spots you got one hell of a prospect.

- Nogier I thought was the most steady, consistent, and reliable defender (even in the Dub). He doesn't play a high skilled game, but prefers to keep it simple and looks very good because of it.

- I was a bit disappointed in Appleton, I thought he would be more of a catalyst with the puck. He didn't do anything bad nor good, but considering how good he already is in the AHL I thought he would do more.

- I was never a fan of Stanley during the draft and did not like him yesterday either. It wasn't that he was bad per say, but you're always left with wanting more after watching him. For a player of his size and current PIM's, he doesn't really have any sort of mean streak in his body which is what you want for players that big.

- Another player I was pretty disappointed in was Harkins. He was such a smart player when I watched him in the WHL, but it seems that the physical game of the pros is getting to him a bit. One area I thought he would be much more effective at was on the PP and he just doesn't do a good job in the corners. He's still pretty young though. He got a nasty crosscheck by one of our defenders, Boikov. However, one of the reasons why is because Harkins weighs the same as a feather - kid needs to put more meat on his bones.

- Spacek was very good, he's still on the slight side where perhaps the NHL style of game is better suited than more of the gritty AHL game. He's a player who I thought Harkins would be like on the PP and have the puck go through him.

- I must admit I came away pretty disappointed with Vesalainen. I am not saying every forward over 6'2" needs to be physically opposing like Milan Lucic, but I thought he would handle the physical game better. Eagles are a very gritty team and he sort of disappeared when the goings got tough. 1v1 though he is very good player.

- Poolman was fantastic, he picks his spots so freakin' well that I consider him to have some NHL talent under his belt. He's way better than his stats say even though I do think there is a limit of offensive ability in his game.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
Moose been playing well been to a few games the ones they lost comrie shit the bed hopefully they make the playoffs and get some experience along the way.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Every time I watch the Moose, I come away with the feeling that Poolman is too good for the AHL.

Pascal Vincent recently said words to that effect in a post game interview.

Anyways the Moose and the other three teams in the hunt for that final playoff spot are off for a few days.

Interestingly enough, when they return to action on Wednesday they all played each other. Manitoba@Texas / Milwaukee @Rockford.

Screen Shot 2019-03-24 at 4.06.44 PM.png

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Poolman: you hope the Jets are smart enough to give him a chance next year. what will their D be like with him and Niku subbed in and Myers, Chiarot and/or Trouba subbed out?

Birdman: guy needs a few years of AHL coaching to get rid of that overplaying of angles.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Preview : Showdown with the Stars - Manitoba Moose

March 27, 2019 vs Texas Stars (7pm CST)

The Manitoba Moose (33-27-4-2) continue their three-game road swing in this season’s final meeting with the Texas Stars (32-29-4-3) tonight at 7:00 p.m. CT. Tune in on TSN 1290, moosehockey.com/listenlive/, the Moose App, or stream the game live on AHLTV.

Heading into today’s contest, the Moose have won four of their last five road games including a sweep of the Colorado Eagles on the weekend. As a team who has struggled away from Bell MTS Place this season, getting some points on the road is crucial to making the post season. Six of the club’s remaining 10 games will be played on the road, and all of them are against Central Division opponents.

The team’s goal leader, Logan Shaw, spoke about the team finding a sense of joy playing in other cities recently.
“We’re starting to find that we can just play our game. I think earlier in the year we were just trying to do too much on the road when we didn’t have to. They can be close games on the road, they don’t have to be pretty. That’s what we did this weekend, they were both close games. I think the biggest things is that we just had fun playing hockey, and it was awesome.”

The Moose have played well against Texas this season, boasting a 5-1-1-0 record against the Stars in 2018-19. That includes getting three points from a two-game series two weeks ago in Winnipeg. The Moose shut out the Stars 4-3 in the first game, then battled back from a 4-1 deficit in the third period to force overtime two nights later.

Marko Dano had five points (2G, 3A) in that series and has a four-game point streak against Texas going into tonight’s matchup. With eight total points (4G, 4A), Dano is tied with Shaw (5G, 3A) as the point leaders against the Stars.

While Manitoba has pulled off five victories against Texas, five of the seven matchups between the Central Division rivals were decided by one goal. That includes the last game in Texas when Jansen Harkins won it for the Moose in a shootout.

Manitoba will feel comfortable if they’re in for another tight game against the Stars, the Moose are flaunting an impressive 19-6-4-2 record in one-goal games this season.

In Saturday’s game in Colorado, it was the defencemen doing most of the damage. Despite the d-men only scoring 15 per cent of the clubs goals this season with 26 total, Cameron Schilling and Tucker Poolman scored all three goals for the Moose including Poolman’s first career overtime winner.

“I told them it’s about time.” Shaw joked, “It’s nice to see. It’s great to spread the wealth, and it’s been awesome for those guys to step up and play the way they’re playing defensively, but to be able to chip in offensively, it’s huge for us.”

The Moose wrap up the road trip with back-to-back games against San Antonio on Friday and Saturday. The team returns home for their final homestand of the season beginning on April 2, against the Bakersfield Condors. Head to moosehockey.com/listenlive/, the Moose App and AHLTV to catch the games live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad