Manitoba Moose 2018-19 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
One move that was incredible and the goal was also excellent.
Huh. See you on the Jets next year (him and Appleton take whose lineup spots?)

Nice goal by KV. Pretty sure that was an "up yours, haters" hand gesture after he scored. ;)

Comrie looked weak on at least the first 2 maybe all 3 of the Gulls goals.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I don’t anticipate he’ll be back. De Leo is a nothing player, but kinda stings to trade him for 3 games of Kerdiles.

De Leo is 2nd on his team in scoring, behind only a 27 YO AHL lifer. He probably never makes the NHL but his chances still look a lot better then Kerdiles'.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Whileee

May 29, 2010
You've watched KV enough times to know he has a patented reverse spin shot?
There was a write up about KV (in The Athletic, I think), with video analysis of that maneuver. It was noted that it shows very good skating technique. I'll try to dig out the reference.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
KV's spin move, from this article in The Athletic (by Scott Wheeler)... The Gifted: Jets prospect Kristian Vesalainen has the skill...

His second go-to tool is an inverted spin-shot he uses when he attacks from behind the net (ala Evgeni Malkin). He used it to create several goals in Liiga last season, including the one below.

This is a skill that takes practice with a skills coach (I have watched NHL skating coach Barb Underhill practice it with several Leafs) to make repeatable and effortless. It is neither of those things, but Vesalainen is able to corral the puck without bobbling it and release before he is even fully facing the goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad