Managerial Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Hernan Losada leaves Beerschot (Belgium) to take the DC United job, pretty outside the box hiring for MLS standards but he did a decent job at Beerschot and plays an attacking style. Interestingly Beerschot's new manager is only 28 years old

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Paulo Sousa is the new Poland manager, seems completely out of left field

In other Euro NT news Bosnia hire Bulgarian manager Ivaylo Petev, he coached in Croatia before (Dinamo Zagreb) but infamously the season they didn’t win the title but he was the manager who helped start the Ludogorets domination in Bulgaria and has NT experience with Bulgaria during Euro 2016 qualifying

Last edited:

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Rafa Benitez leaves his Chinese club and is rumored to become new Celtic manager. Balague also reports he has interest from an unnamed Bundesliga side

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Not surprised he got fired, but slightly surprised that it happened so quickly.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Not sure if that matters when you are managing Chelsea - you will be sacked rather quickly regardless.

No. of games:

Lampard: 86
Sarri: 63
Conte: 106
Mourinho (2): 136
Benitez: 48 (I guess he didn't technically get sacked?)
Di Matteo: 42
AVB: 40
Ancelotti: 109

I didn't include Hiddink.

Seems like business as usual for Chelsea to sack Lampard.

So hard to evaluate who has got potential to be a good manager. To me Lampard shouldn't have taken the job so quickly. Then again he will get another shot somewhere so... I guess in that sense no harm done. And if he does well the next 5-10 years I couldn't see why he couldn't go back to Chelsea.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Welp, can't say I didn't see this coming, but I expected it after the Leicester game rather than today.

One thing Lampard did do fairly well was to integrate the youth into the first team, and hopefully Tuchel does the same. It's going to be a huge shame if he doesn't play the young talent we have.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
After all the shit Sarri got from people at Chelsea and Juve, it's hard not to relish in their current struggles. Would love to see him take over Fiorentina.

I would kill to have him, he himself said that one day he will coach the team he has always cheered for. I believe that in the end the candidates for the Fiorentina bench next year can be Sarri, Spalletti and Juric.

Reactions: Juve

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I would kill to have him, he himself said that one day he will coach the team he has always cheered for. I believe that in the end the candidates for the Fiorentina bench next year can be Sarri, Spalletti and Juric.
Enjoy Sarri, he's a dinosaur that still uses tactics that don't work anymore as the game has changed.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
It's unfortunate that spending huge money on players that haven't played very well has cost him his job, even if you can put some of the blame on him for it. I certainly have my issues with how he's managed and we are not doing well enough this year, but his expectations also went way up after we spent £200m on new players.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Tuchel vs Chelsea officials seems too funny to be true. How many months before he whines about the transfer policy?

Good pressing schemes, zero offensive schemes when having the ball. Counter press, counter attack and nothing else.

Reactions: Peen

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
It’s an awful fit long term.

Whatever. Six of the next seven fixtures for us are winnable.

We need to get on a roll asap and have some chemistry because once the fixture list once the R16 starts, our fixtures are hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad