Managerial Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
It's quite obvious Savant doesn't watch Spurs much. I feared Lloris was passed it some time ago. That drink driving incident etc suggested he was a but out of sync. I would like to see more than a couple of goalkeepers doing as well as Lloris did this season behind that defense. He has been fantastic for quite some time now.

Spurs got some bad holes, but let's not pretend Kane, Son, Lo Celso and Ndombele can't cause some damage. And that players like Bergwijn, Højbjerg etc. aren't more than useful even for a potential top 4 team in England.

Obviously not easy to find, but a van Dijk, Dias etc. would have gone a long way to getting Spurs back on track under someone like Conte.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
So apparently Pochettino lives in a hotel in Paris and his wife is still in England?

Anyway. Seems 95% Conte by now. Extremely pleased with that to be honest - even if this blows up - it is worth the risk.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
@Creed Bratton

Here's another example of how horrible Paratici is. Buys Romero for 26 million and loans him to Atalanta with the option to buy for 16 million.

Genius work right here!!!!!
Im shocked Juve allowed this to happen. He just won best defender in the league lol... I wonder where he goes now. Too good to stay at Atalanta.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
At least someone bought a good CD in the first place. The last good one Spurs bought was Alderweireld in 2015 (can dream that Rodon will prove me wrong of course).

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Conte and Levy's first disagreement? :laugh:

Credit to him if he doesn't take the job for not being convinced he will get the resources required. Better getting that out of the way now rather than 7 months down the road.

My gut feeling is that this is negotiations. I will be disappointed if Conte doesn't sign, but worst case scenario would be Conte saying yes for then to quickly get annoyed with the lack of money spent. Not helpful for Spurs or Conte.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It's quite obvious Savant doesn't watch Spurs much. I feared Lloris was passed it some time ago. That drink driving incident etc suggested he was a but out of sync. I would like to see more than a couple of goalkeepers doing as well as Lloris did this season behind that defense. He has been fantastic for quite some time now.

Spurs got some bad holes, but let's not pretend Kane, Son, Lo Celso and Ndombele can't cause some damage. And that players like Bergwijn, Højbjerg etc. aren't more than useful even for a potential top 4 team in England.

Obviously not easy to find, but a van Dijk, Dias etc. would have gone a long way to getting Spurs back on track under someone like Conte.
Washed might be a little harsh for Lloris but I have not been impressed by him in many seasons. He certainly is exiting his prime at the minimum. Alderweireld is washed though.

Reactions: AB13

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Washed might be a little harsh for Lloris but I have not been impressed by him in many seasons. He certainly is exiting his prime at the minimum. Alderweireld is washed though.

Lloris will not last forever of course. That we can agree on.

Alderweireld is very average these days. Agree on that as well. Good enough to play in a solid back four still, but he can't carry the mess that is Spurs at the moment. And he seems to have lost a bit of fire. Showing up to the pre season overweight etc.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I don't think Lloris will become a manager yet.

Lloris has always had spells were he has been quite poor. But we are talking about spells. Overall since he joined Spurs (and before that) he has been brilliant. Some have had higher highs, but very few have been among the best in the business for as long as Lloris (not saying he has been the absolute best). And last season he was rock solid again.

Hopefully Conte will soon manage Lloris.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
A very gangly Belgian would dispute this
I don’t know that I agree with that
Quite amazing.
Lloris put France in the knockout stage after some horrible games in the group.
Then he proceeded with masterclasses in every single game (including against Uruguay with an unreal save and Belgium) before making his ONLY mistake in the final with the game over (he had a dominant first half).

Lloris was easily the best goalie. Not even close to me.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Conte not going to Spurs. Probably because he has balls and won’t let someone tell him he can’t buy anyone.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Best case scenario for Spurs. If Kane is leaving they'll probably go through a transitional period and they don't need a manager who's basically guaranteed to walk out after his 2nd season.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
He has balls? What kind of logic is that?

To clarify expectations between Spurs and Conte before he is hired or not taking the offer is surely not a bad thing?

It might be a bit strange for some of here, but Spurs only spend the money they make. Meaning you can't spend money the club doesn't make. Terrible terrible club for not being owned by some dictatorship from somewhere or any of the other fantastic alternatives you got in terms of owners.

Completely fine if Conte expects more money than Spurs can offer. Not an issue at all. Kind of the same reason why Guardiola isn't managing Spurs now.

Reactions: luiginb

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I know a good option for Spurs now that Conte is off the table. Mikel Arteta does not live far away and while his FA Cup title argues against it, he really showed off the Tottenham gene against Villareal in the Europa League semis. A world class bottler to fit the club culture and play the Tottenham way.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I know a good option for Spurs now that Conte is off the table. Mikel Arteta does not live far away and while his FA Cup title argues against it, he really showed off the Tottenham gene against Villareal in the Europa League semis. A world class bottler to fit the club culture and play the Tottenham way.
For the record I think the turn around on here on the perception of Conte from some within 24 hours was quite funny

Reactions: AB13

Havre

Jul 24, 2011

Not expecting anyone not being a Spursfan wanting to watch that (even if it should be a bit of fun - especially for Arsenalfans), but agree with almost every single word in terms of how the club has handled this. Laughable.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

Not expecting anyone not being a Spursfan wanting to watch that (even if it should be a bit of fun - especially for Arsenalfans), but agree with almost every single word in terms of how the club has handled this. Laughable.

Early on I was kind of hoping they would go for Graham Potter but after this sh*t-show I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted nothing to do with Tottenham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna