Managerial Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I don’t agree. Spurs have massive quality in the squad with nice age profiles, and don’t need an overhaul. All they need to challenge for the title is Conte, a dominant CB and maybe a creative player.
I don’t agree but that’s fine. Kane and Son are fine. The rest? Would be very concerned. Back line is a mess. Lloris is washed/near washed. Going to have to reteach the midfielders and for what? Two-Three year possible boost? This is a much tougher job that Chelsea was when he took that. The rest of the PL is too tough compared to when he last left to just assume they are going to go to Top 4, and especially if they don’t Conte isn’t going to stick around much longer than he has to

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I don’t agree but that’s fine. Kane and Son are fine. The rest? Would be very concerned. Back line is a mess. Lloris is washed/near washed. Going to have to reteach the midfielders and for what? Two-Three year possible boost? This is a much tougher job that Chelsea was when he took that. The rest of the PL is too tough compared to when he last left to just assume they are going to go to Top 4, and especially if they don’t Conte isn’t going to stick around much longer than he has to
Tottenham absolutely aren’t worse than Chelsea or Inter when Conte took over. Aside from Son and Kane, Dele Alli has incredible talent and can be borderline world class under the right manager, Lo Celso, Ndombele and Højbjerg give them a great midfield with different profiles to build on. Reguilon is hyperathletic, great going forwards and the ideal Conte wingback. CBs and playmakers are what they are missing. I still think their current squad (as well as the Arsenal team) is about as good as the teams Chelsea and United have.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Galtier is already going to Nice, I just found out. So Campos ain’t joining him. Or are you trying to say that Galtier is better than Jardim?
Yes, Galtier is better right now than Jardim, whose second stint with Monaco was really unconvincing.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Tottenham absolutely aren’t worse than Chelsea or Inter when Conte took over. Aside from Son and Kane, Dele Alli has incredible talent and can be borderline world class under the right manager, Lo Celso, Ndombele and Højbjerg give them a great midfield with different profiles to build on. Reguilon is hyperathletic, great going forwards and the ideal Conte wingback. CBs and playmakers are what they are missing. I still think their current squad (as well as the Arsenal team) is about as good as the teams Chelsea and United have.
Dele also has been out of form for two years. Lo Celso and Ndombele are talented but inconsistent and haven’t shown they can play together. Reguilon needs to show he can play in the PL. His work is cut out for him. Not saying he can’t, but saying this is a team much more likely to be competing for Europa.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I posted this a few pages back, but I'll do it again:

Son - Kane - Lucas
Reguillon - Ndombele - Hojbjerg - Aurier
Alderweireld - Dier - Sanchez
Lloris

Is extremely similar stylistically to Conte's Chelsea team. It's weaker, but it fits his style. If Conte goes to Spurs, I could very easily see them finishing top four.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016

Son - Kane - Lucas
Lloris

Is extremely similar stylistically to Conte's Chelsea team. It's weaker, but it fits his style. If Conte goes to Spurs, I could very easily see them finishing top four.

Aurier and one of Dier/Sanchez is probably leaving, so we need replacements.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
???

The fact that you are even considering Lloris to be washed shows how much you really know.
Lloris loses just as many games as he wins nowadays. He is not near the level he was at a couple of years ago

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Dele also has been out of form for two years. Lo Celso and Ndombele are talented but inconsistent and haven’t shown they can play together. Reguilon needs to show he can play in the PL. His work is cut out for him. Not saying he can’t, but saying this is a team much more likely to be competing for Europa.
Why has Dele been out of form? Not because he isn’t a good player, it’s because of management. Lo Celso and Ndombele can absolutely play together, but they never get the chance to play together with a strong DM like Højbjerg. The reason these players haven’t lived up to expectation is because of not having a class manager. No doubt that Conte will make them really, really high end players.

Reactions: luiginb

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Son - Kane - Lucas
Lloris

Top four instead of who? Hojbjerg is good but he isn’t Kante. Kante covered up a lot of issues with that team. They need three new center backs!

This will be a Kane and Son team. Again. If Kane even stays.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Why has Dele been out of form? Not because he isn’t a good player, it’s because of management. Lo Celso and Ndombele can absolutely play together, but they never get the chance to play together with a strong DM like Højbjerg. The reason these players haven’t lived up to expectation is because of not having a class manager. No doubt that Conte will make them really, really high end players.
I am going to not believe it until I see it. Y’all can talk about things theoretically working but the fact is that it hasn’t worked. I’ll wait for the evidence.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I am going to not believe it until I see it. Y’all can talk about things theoretically working but the fact is that it hasn’t worked. I’ll wait for the evidence.
Hopefully they don't get Conte so we don't have to think about this. If they do, they will, remember I said they will most likely finish above Chelsea and United.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
giphy.gif

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Only thing Conte has over Poch IMO is pedigree. Conte is a fine, not great tactician. His in game, scenario specific adjustments are poor.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Barca doesn't have a good youth coach they can promote?

Pimienta, the B team manager. I like him there because I feel he's been doing well and has had a positive influence on the youth team players. That said I don't want to see a guy get held back and I'd have taken him for example over Koeman. Other options outside the club I'd have explored too.

Reactions: Power Man

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Pimienta, the B team manager. I like him there because I feel he's been doing well and has had a positive influence on the youth team players. That said I don't want to see a guy get held back and I'd have taken him for example over Koeman. Other options outside the club I'd have explored too.
Thanks

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland

Son - Kane - Lucas
Lloris

They would have crap depth, and some of those players aren't staying.

I'm not saying they're not better than they've shown... but who are they better than in for the top 4? I think Conte is able to get his players together doing what he wants, but I just don't see it at this stage. Lot of movement between now and then, so it could change, but if Kane goes, that's not a top 4 side no matter what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad