Mar 17, 2002
France
Marcelino is already out of OM.
What a joke. 7 games and out of the CL.
Awful tacs.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Rangers sack Michael Beale after a poor start to the SPL season. Aussie Kevin Muscat seems to be the early favorite, currently a successful manager in Japan and former player. Other candidates being thrown around are Hasenhuttl, Marsch, Knutsen and McInnes

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
What 'top' league would you put your money on hiring the first female manager?
I think this is a good question. I would kind of answer it with another question / what female managers do we think are outright that caliber? Only Sarina Wiegman and maybe Emma Hayes could command that respect right now….I think? So based on that I’d say England or Netherlands just based on their nationality/job experience. I don’t really know who else would warrant being in frame though

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Even though most of the EPL ownership is foreign, I think there are way too many "old school traditionalists" amongst the media and fanbase for that to happen there, I mean look at the reaction when they hire any foreign manager that's not a known name. My guess is France, Netherlands or Belgium (Scandanavia too but none of those leagues are considered "top"). I know there was a woman manager in Ligue 2 fairly recently. Doubt it will happen in southern or eastern Europe

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Is it woke to include half of the worlds population in your job search?
Why are you viewing my post as negative? The question you proposed is which nation will be the first to hire a female manager, and as I wrote it will be a nation that puts a lot of effort into awareness of that kind of thing. Thus it will be a nation that deeply cares about putting females in male-dominated industries, that country will be the first to hire a female manager.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Why are you viewing my post as negative? The question you proposed is which nation will be the first to hire a female manager, and as I wrote it will be a nation that puts a lot of effort into awareness of that kind of thing. Thus it will be a nation that deeply cares about putting females in male-dominated industries, that country will be the first to hire a female manager.
“Woke” is very negative word in (at least) the USA

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
“Woke” is very negative word in (at least) the USA
Not really based on my experience, woke people I met are very happy that they are "woke." They think it is a form of enlightenment or something. Now we can go down the rabbit hole as to whether that ideology is good or not for society, but my personal opinion on this subject isn't really all that important when it comes to answering the question that was proposed.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Not really based on my experience, woke people I met are very happy that they are "woke." They think it is a form of enlightenment or something. Now we can go down the rabbit hole as to whether that ideology is good or not for society, but my personal opinion on this subject isn't really all that important when it comes to answering the question that was proposed.
It kind of started out that way, but the narrative flipped on it and now it’s used primarily to patronize people who believe in those kind of causes

Reactions: KJS14

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
To be fair to SEPH, it started out as a positive word/description and has since been used negatively.
Oh for sure. 100% fair to them. I know not everyone on here is from North America so wanted to provide some context

Reactions: KJS14

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
As for the original question, I think the suggestions of France, Netherlands, Belgium, and nordic countries are good calls. It also wouldn't surprise me if an MLS team was on the forefront for such a hiring. There's been a handful of women rising through the ranks as assistant coaches in MLB, NFL, and NBA over the last few years.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
The primary issue is that, if you're Emma Hayes or Sarina Wiegman, why would you leave your current top job in the women's game to go coach, say, AFC Wimbledon?

It'd take a top division club in a major league to pull any of the best women's coaches from their current positions, IMO, and I don't see many top division clubs being willing to do that.

Which sucks, given that Emma Hayes is a better manager than about 3/4 of the bozos in the Prem right now.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
The primary issue is that, if you're Emma Hayes or Sarina Wiegman, why would you leave your current top job in the women's game to go coach, say, AFC Wimbledon?

It'd take a top division club in a major league to pull any of the best women's coaches from their current positions, IMO, and I don't see many top division clubs being willing to do that.

Which sucks, given that Emma Hayes is a better manager than about 3/4 of the bozos in the Prem right now.

Wimbledon is in League Two, not the Prem, so that's a moot point

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Wimbledon is in League Two, not the Prem, so that's a moot point
Yes, I am aware of this fact. It is, in fact, precisely my point. My point is that no top division side is going to take the risk of hiring a top women's manager, and that no top women's manager would go to a lower division side (such as AFC Wimbledon).

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Yes, I am aware of this fact. It is, in fact, precisely my point. My point is that no top division side is going to take the risk of hiring a top women's manager, and that no top women's manager would go to a lower division side (such as AFC Wimbledon).

I think within 2 years a top 5 league will hire a woman, my first thought would be Netherlands.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad