Managerial Thread - 23/24 Season - Chelolsea

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
As said earlier, Le Mans did it a long time ago in France in Ligue 2.
Problem was that she was an awful human being and she was fired after a strong of bad results (that weren't necessarily her fault, she did neither better nor worse).
She was given the french NT for a long time and players had to threaten to leave the NT for her to be fired earlier this year.

That experiment should certainly not mean another woman couldn't make it and do well.

• Wow
Reactions: S E P H

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Nice of that crook to admit they f***ed up when they let Nagelsmann go...but I can't imagine they can unburn that bridge

...I hope...

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Diego Alonso, who managed Uruguay at the last World Cup (and in both MLS and Liga MX before that) is the new manager of Sevilla

Augsburg sack Enrico Maasen, overall had a poor record their (11 wins in 44) but kept Augsburg up last season which is the most important thing

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Nagelsmann gushing about Sandro Wagner only further convinces me that he's going to be a big time coach once he makes the top divisions. Jaissle is still the next most likely German star-coach, but Wagner could be hot on his heels.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Ouch, I don't have much positive to say. He was not the man for the job at Monaco. Poor tacs, stubborn tacs even, lost the lockerroom in less than a few weeks....
As soon as he left, Monaco has been alive again.

@Savi will be more positive about him given his successes in Belgium.

Reactions: Ceremony

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
@Savi will be more positive about him given his successes in Belgium.

Honestly I don't know if I can

Purely based on results, he did great. Won the league in his only full season in Genk, and won the league in both of his two full seasons in Bruges.

But at Brugge everyone was relieved Monaco signed him halfway through season 3. Even if results were good, and there was a lot of talent in the squad, the football got worse and more boring pretty fast after probably season 1. His relationship with the players wasn't great either, he alienated captain Ruud Vormer by basically lying to him which in turn angered the fans since Vormer was the most popular player in the team. As Evilo pointed out, he can be extremely stubborn and allergic to adaptation.

My guess is he'll do good things early on but in the long run...I don't know

Reactions: Ceremony

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Jess Thorup the new Augsburg manager, managed outside of Denmark before in Gent and Genk, previous job was at FC Copenhagen

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
LFC reportedly trying to snag Eberl. Please do, anything to keep him away from Bayern.
No one on the LFC beat says Eberl is a candidate. All that noise coming from Germany

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Boo. Figured as much, why pick LFC instead of Bayern unless you're getting unrestricted power...but a guy can still dream *sigh*
The LFC job is weird. It’s a good job and a bad job at the same time. I’d probably rather have the Bayern job too

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The LFC job is weird. It’s a good job and a bad job at the same time. I’d probably rather have the Bayern job too

TBH I think that depends entirely on how much autonomy you'd be given. That Bayern job could be great, but after the Kahn & Brazzo disaster I won't be surprised if they want much more of a team approach that leaves them with too many cooks.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
TBH I think that depends entirely on how much autonomy you'd be given. That Bayern job could be great, but after the Kahn & Brazzo disaster I won't be surprised if they want much more of a team approach that leaves them with too many cooks.
I don’t think you are getting a ton of autonomy at LFC

Bayern still Bayern though

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Shakhtar Donetsk sacked Dutch manager Patrick van Leeuwen after only 12 matches in charge, Darijo Srna takes over as interim manager (he is currently the director of football). Oscar Garcia turned down the job already, the main candidates seem to be all Croatian now (Ivan Leko, Igor Tudor or the return of Jovicevic who managed them last season but left for Saudi $)

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Bo Svensson and Mainz part ways. Think he's still a promising coach who should have many suitors.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Mainz kind of did nothing in the summer window and then had several key players hurt. They still shouldn't have been this bad, so the change was inevitable, but I think he'll do a good job elsewhere.

They replaced their departures and were anticipating more from their youth than they've gotten; as they have a strong generation coming up from the academy, but injuries continue to plague their best kids...after Burkardt who has been out for over a year now, Weiper has missed most of this season so far, and Gruda has picked up a knock lately too. With those three healthy they'd have a lot more goals in them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad