Management vs. coaching

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
You also won't acknowledge why it is so bad.

Because as you point out, you have four guys standing around with their sticks up their ***** looking at the guy with the puck. People need to stop making excuses for the players. Under this overrated leadership group the team has become very lazy and entitled.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Well you are going to have an abysmal offense when your two most productive defenseman probably won't even crack 30 points this season, and your third most productive probably won't even break 20 points.

That means your forwards have to try to compensate for the poor transition from defense to offense, and that is going to hurt the forwards too.

Red Wings defenseman have generated 82 points this season. Seven players have combined to generate 82 points throughout the first 48 games of the season.

Looking at the Wings top three most productive defenseman (Green/Kronwall/DD) and the total points generated comes to 49.

Erik Karlsson has 51 points.

Last edited:

Actual Thought*

Well you are going to have an abysmal offense when your two most productive defenseman probably won't even crack 30 points this season, and your third most productive probably won't even break 20 points.

That means your forwards have to try to compensate for the poor transition from defense to offense, and that is going to hurt the forwards too.

Red Wings defenseman have generated 82 points this season. Seven players have combined to generate 82 points throughout the first 48 games of the season.

Looking at the Wings top three most productive defenseman (Green/Kronwall/DD) and the total points generated comes to 49.

No doubt. When you have a bad system and bad coaching none of your players excel. It truly is ugly.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Six degrees of Jeff Blashill, right?

There's a trashy romance novel in there somewhere.

No doubt. When you have a bad system and bad coaching none of your players excel. It truly is ugly.

When you have a lot of dead weight, it doesn't matter what kind of coaching you have. Especially since we've waited so long to shed most of the dead weight.

Actual Thought*

There's a trashy romance novel in there somewhere.

When you have a lot of dead weight, it doesn't matter what kind of coaching you have. Especially since we've waited so long to shed most of the dead weight.

This isn't 2011.

Chance on Chance

Jul 15, 2009
Canada

Nashville has 4 defensemen with more points the the wings top guy

Actual Thought*

I'm aware it's 2016. Are you aware we've just started getting rid of dead weight like Kindl and Andersson?

Sure. I am aware of that. I just have serious doubts that those players are the reason the team has the worst offence of any Redwings team in 40 years. I would love to hear you make a case for it though.

Actual Thought*

I asked him that a few weeks ago, he said he would've rather had us hire Tony Granato as head coach.

I said if I were forced to hire from within I would have preferred Granato over Blashill because he at least had some success as an assistant in the NHL.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I said if I were forced to hire from within I would have preferred Granato over Blashill because he at least had some success as an assistant in the NHL.

My mistake, I was just basing that on me asking in general who you would've had us hire. I wasn't aware you said from within.

Actual Thought*

i'd like to hire your list of coaches who are better and why and the X and Os part of why their systems are better.

I would like you to break down the X and Os of Blashill's system and make a case for why it is awesome that the team has the worst offence in 40 years.

Actual Thought*

So who would be your tip pick from available coaches

The topic of the thread is Management vs coaching. I don't know which coaches are available nor who will be available and when. If I were Holland I would have my staff collecting the data though. He is going to need a replacement sooner than later.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I would like you to break down the X and Os of Blashill's system and make a case for why it is awesome that the team has the worst offence in 40 years.

I'd like you to break down the Xs and Os of Blashill's system and make a case for why it is hot garbage.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
The topic of the thread is Management vs coaching. I don't know which coaches are available nor who will be available and when. If I were Holland I would have my staff collecting the data though. He is going to need a replacement sooner than later.

I think it would be disingenuous for Holland to fire the coaching staff prior to upgrading the team. This team has worse personnel than last year overall. Blashill may not be the right guy for the team, but this team wasn't good enough with the 'best' coach in the NHL, so it sure as hell wouldn't be good enough for a rookie head coach.

Actual Thought*

I think it would be disingenuous for Holland to fire the coaching staff prior to upgrading the team. This team has worse personnel than last year overall. Blashill may not be the right guy for the team, but this team wasn't good enough with the 'best' coach in the NHL, so it sure as hell wouldn't be good enough for a rookie head coach.

You have to look at the coach's performance based on the roster he has and what your expectations are. Maybe Holland believes he has a cup roster though probably he doesn't. However I am pretty sure he didn't expect to have the worst offence in 40 years. If you have a coach that can't get his roster to perform up to their capabilities you can't measure accurately what your potential is. I don't believe Blashill has gotten the potential out of this roster. Unless you believe this is the worst roster in 40 years you would have to agree. If you do believe it is the worst roster in 40 years then I don't know what to tell you.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
You have to look at the coach's performance based on the roster he has and what your expectations are. Maybe Holland believes he has a cup roster though probably he doesn't. However I am pretty sure he didn't expect to have the worst offence in 40 years. If you have a coach that can't get his roster to perform up to their capabilities you can't measure accurately what your potential is. I don't believe Blashill has gotten the potential out of this roster. Unless you believe this is the worst roster in 40 years you would have to agree. If you do believe it is the worst roster in 40 years then I don't know what to tell you.

Maybe KH is surprised this team is competing for the division and is extremely happy with Blashill's performance.

Actual Thought*

Maybe KH is surprised this team is competing for the division and is extremely happy with Blashill's performance.

This team is competing for the final wildcard spot not the division. They will be lucky to get in.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
This team is competing for the final wildcard spot not the division. They will be lucky to get in.

5 points out of the division lead with 36 (35.5) games left is competing for the division.

It's gonna be great when Blash lasts a minimum of 2 full seasons before KH even considers his job security.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad